Poe Dameron’s X-wing Fighter (TROS)

Reaction score
After the disappointing mess that was the original TFA release, I will be happy to add this to my collection. I hope other colours are released and a pilot pack is on the way too, a Snap Wexley, Jess Pava and Cai Threnalli boxset would be most welcome.

Reaction score
Don't let the ****ishness get to you. Sorry the prices you have to deal with suck that bad, just to enjoy this hobby.

@misterskeezler on Instagram
First world problems. Can’t afford it so don’t buy it. You don’t really need toys. I can live without them.

But I guess the point is why is there an unfair distribution of cost? What could account for the high cost of figures in AUS?

Reaction score
Whether it sells well or not, I'll tell you one thing for sure.
This is an all new mold so this will be seen again...
Since I can't easily spot the newness in this mold without referencing a prior X-Wing for comparison, anybody care to list all that is new on this X-Wing?
Aside from movie-specific paint apps, the only detail that sticks out to me are the opening flaps for the rear landing gear.

Reaction score
Since I can't easily spot the newness in this mold without referencing a prior X-Wing for comparison, anybody care to list all that is new on this X-Wing?
Aside from movie-specific paint apps, the only detail that sticks out to me are the opening flaps for the rear landing gear.
Erm, it's a T-70 X-Wing, which we've never had in the 'Legacy' scale. All we got was the awful wonky blastered, no rear landing gear, rubber nosed effort in 2015.

Reaction score
Wait, I think I spotted a typo.
I think I’ve posted longer stuff.

Anyway, Vader would be Boss Hogg and the stormtroopers would be Roscoe P. Coltrane. And the basset hound named Flash would be a dewback.

Reaction score
This is a pleasant surprise considering I wasn't anticipating Luke's X-wing. I already have the previous version which is definitive enough.

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what kind of actual features it has. To me, Poe's original blue and white one was pretty cool and the best paint scheme, but it gets blown up right before we even get to see it in action. A real shame, it's just the ugly black and orange one the rest of the time. No real reason given why he'd start with a standard model and then boom, he's got a tricked out X-Wing. Who's got time to **** their ride when the First Order is on your tail?

Reaction score
Really bad choice if they don't release the Luke X-Wing alongside this.
While not in itself a bad thing, disappointing given we were expecting a Red 5.
According to Yak Face, we are still getting a Red 5 X-Wing. Not sure if it will be packed in the same case as this one, as in two per box, one of each design. BUT They also said to expect the Red 5 at $100 as well. So this makes me wonder if we're getting an "All New" Red 5? If they really are going to release that Trench Run X-Wing again, there is no way it will be part of the same assortment, and will probably be more than $100.

Reaction score
Whoa. I've been waiting for them to release a better scaled ST X-Wing. I hope they release it in the TFA Blue and White at some point as well.

Reaction score
Totally agree. They should have given us this back in 2015 for TFA instead that flimsy, droopy POS that we got. A hope they do a repop for the black and orange too so I can own all the variants and build a squadron.

Reaction score
According to Yak Face, we are still getting a Red 5 X-Wing. Not sure if it will be packed in the same case as this one, as in two per box, one of each design. BUT They also said to expect the Red 5 at $100 as well. So this makes me wonder if we're getting an "All New" Red 5? If they really are going to release that Trench Run X-Wing again, there is no way it will be part of the same assortment, and will probably be more than $100.
From the way it was listed at Yakface, I had the feeling they would be separate releases, but the Luke X-Wing is said to be $100 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get packed together in the same case.
F

Reaction score
I like this a lot. I would grab it on sale... or if it hit clearance like the Assault tank did (I managed to score one for $25). I'm always down for new vehicles and am happy to see new ones getting made. Anything is better than those millennium Falcons that couldn't even fit one figure.

Reaction score
I can't imagine they will change the mold of TVC X-Wing for the Red 5 release. I just don't see the incentive to do so from Hasbro's standpoint.

Reaction score
From the way it was listed at Yakface, I had the feeling they would be separate releases, but the Luke X-Wing is said to be $100 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get packed together in the same case.
F
It would make sense, but like I said, the Poe X-Wing is being called the "Medium" vehicle. I don't know if you can classify the Trench Run and the Red 3 as "Medium". The price point would make sense for that size, so I guess my question is, how big is the "new" Poe X-Wing?

Reaction score
If you look at the box image and it's relative size to the figures and then compare to the old one you can get an idea of its size. To me in looks 'in scale' with the trench run/Red 3 X-Wing although still about a third smaller than it should be (as was also the case with the trench run/Red 3 X-Wing).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I could see them doing some retooling on the cockpit, rather than the sticker control panel. Maybe the targeting computer.

@misterskeezler on Instagram
They don't need to, all that was retooled in the last releases. The control panel is a piece of molded and painted plastic, not a sticker and it has a joystick control now. You can take the whole thing out to help fit a figure in. The targeting computer pulls out alongside a character's head too.

Reaction score
It's on par with the Trench Run/Red 3 X-Wing, maybe even better in terms of detailing. Hopefully, more pics show up soon giving us a real view of how big this thing is, hopefully compared with previous X-Wings. Definitely not 1/18 scale, as it would be over two feet long, really close to 30" just based on the Deagostini Models 1/18 scale Red 5 X-Wing that I've got a subscription for and I hope to get around to building one day. Anyway, I'm down for Poe's X-Wing here. Can't wait to see a video.

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if the upcoming Red 5 release is a ground up rebuild, with a lot more detail, opening cargo area for ladder storage and removable panels.

Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/kylocollector/ Go here for new pics of Poe's X-Wing. All I got to say is, WOW!
Wow those are great added details, removable engine panels. love the design execution for deploying landing gear, and the cargo area with the hidden ladder. Hopefully the cockpit detail is similarly upgraded, and with the larger scale, an incredible improvement.

Edit: went back to admire them again.
Looks like the series of images was removed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I certainly hope when they get around to Luke’s X-Wing, they use this mold. It would be a shame to see such a wonderful vehicle on the shelf and have an older vehicle with less features released for the same price. That said, everything from the features to the mold to the paint scheme on Poe’s looks so good that I may have to bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Saw the new pictures of Poe's X-Wing before they got taken down. It looks incredible. I love the features with the removable engine panels, the landing gear and (my personal favourite of the features) the hidden ladder. It all looks really good. Plus Poe definitely fits perfectly in the cockpit which is obviously what we should expect from a TVC X-Wing.

$100 is a lot of money but I feel a lot better about it now that we've seen close-ups pics of the features, weathering and just the overall ship itself. I'm really looking forward to this release.

I personally think as far as the new vehicles we've gotten in the current run of TVC they're among the best vehicles Hasbro has ever done. The Barge, Skiff and RO Imperial Tank were all incredible and I think Poe's X-Wing looks just as great as well.

Yakface also confirmed on their site that Poe's X-Wing is an all-new sculpt. No retooling at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro use this sculpt to do re-paints and give us other Resistance X-Wings like Poe's black/orange X-Wing or a regular Resistance X-Wing. I'd like to see those.

Reaction score
I remember when the TFA stuff came out. I found the Poe’s X-wing early or something. I think I was going try and purchase it but I was blocked at the register or I decided not to get it. Glad I didn’t after hearing all the horror stores of the bent cannons and the small cockpit. I do hope this new one is better. The in terms of fitting a figure. I am hoping we will get more shops too.

Reaction score
It's on par with the Trench Run/Red 3 X-Wing, maybe even better in terms of detailing. Hopefully, more pics show up soon giving us a real view of how big this thing is, hopefully compared with previous X-Wings.
I have a large scale X-Wing (can't remember which version) and with Luke standing next to it, the top of his head comes up to the bottom lip of the cockpit.

In some of the instragram pictures that have been taken down, the bottom lip of the cockpit comes up to Poe's chin.

So it is demonstrably smaller.

Reaction score
Yeah, but how much taller is the Poe figure to Luke?

Poe's X-Wing is smaller in-universe anyway, so I think they're in scale with each other and not that they're the same size. Both are way smaller than they should be if you want true 1:18.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a large scale X-Wing (can't remember which version) and with Luke standing next to it, the top of his head comes up to the bottom lip of the cockpit.

In some of the instragram pictures that have been taken down, the bottom lip of the cockpit comes up to Poe's chin.

So it is demonstrably smaller.
So, I guess I must have missed those photos. The link I provided showed the removable engine panels and the engine detail, landing gear with closing panels and the ladder and its compartment but not the whole ship and definitely not the cockpit and a figure next to it. If anybody needs the pics from that link I originally provided, i have them. Just PM me. If anybody saved the pics that I missed, PM me cause I'd love to see them.