Poe Dameron’s X-wing Fighter (TROS)

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. Is that large X-wing sized? If so, I'd be interested in that, and it just might make me finally dive in to collecting the sequel trilogy. Now where can I find a Snoke?

@misterskeezler on Instagram
Where can't you find a Snoke....lol

Reaction score
I like that X-Wing a lot. Color scheme looks better than the one in the previous two movies, I thought orange and black was kind of ugly. Crap this isn’t looking good for my wallet. Think I’ll pick it up after the movie comes out so I don’t splurge all at once.

Reaction score
Personally I love the look of Poe's new X-Wing and I'm really looking forward to this vehicle. I agree that $100 is a lot of money though. While I think the price could be lower I do like how the Poe X-Wing is to scale or as close to it as possible. Looks so much better than the crap Poe X-Wing they released in the 5POA line for TFA. Poe couldn't even fit in the cockpit of that one...

Unfortunately though prices go up so it's not surprising good quality X-Wings are more expensive now. Between the high licensing fee Hasbro had to pay Disney to keep the license (and Disney making 20% off each sale of a Hasbro Star Wars product), workers successfully campaigning for higher wages (and quite right too) and inflation there's a lot of reasons why products are unfortunately more expensive now.

Not saying I like the price or even agree with it but I can understand the factors that have led to the increase in prices of good quality vehicles. I'm definitely looking forward to adding Poe's X-Wing to my collection, taking pictures of it and displaying it. I admit I would've preferred a First Order TIE Interceptor or Resistance Y-Wing as far as TROS vehicles go but I'm still very happy we're getting Poe's new X-Wing. Hopefully that should make some extra sales on the Poe re-pack too.

My only concerns would really be two things. For one the price tag. I can definitely see people waiting for price reductions which I can understand. The other thing is that I think having two TVC X-Wings (Luke's X-Wing in TVC is still coming) on the shelves at the same time might not have been the smartest decision. I think it would've been smarter to do one X-Wing and one other vehicle that's not an X-Wing.

Reaction score
X-Wing looks great, although that price being reported? Hopefully among the other improvments already listed, there is also some good detail in the cockpit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
At last a quality vehicle from tbe ST. Gonna make a nice center piece on my ST shelf.

Reaction score
Yes, I would have preferred them doing a different vehicle. I understand that Poe's X-Wing fits the film and all, but 2 X-Wings at the same time seems a bit much, unless it would have been Luke's and another Red Squadron X-Wing from ANH. The Luke's X-Wing is more important to me, but I might get Poe's as well.
JJ Abrams knows his Kenner toys so maybe he requested this. Looks great but I would only get Luke's X-wing. I hope they do the skiff from the trailer.

Reaction score
There's no reason an X-Wing should be $100. Like in 2013 they were $60. Adjust for inflation and that's $65 today. In 1978 they were $15 which when you adjust for inflation is about $60 today. I get the Disney licensing fee comes into play, but anything over $75 for an X-Wing is a bit much. I'm pretty confident they'll be discounted though.

Reaction score
Da***? $100 for this??? Did they not get the memo that Star Wars is struggling to move at retail? And the solution is to jack up the price more??

Howd that TVC TIE move again?? Yeah...

Reaction score
TIE was $80 right? Included a figure too unlike this one. And everybody waited for it to be on clearance. Expecting the same with a $100 vehicle with no figures included.

Reaction score
TIE was $80 right? Included a figure too unlike this one. And everybody waited for it to be on clearance. Expecting the same with a $100 vehicle with no figures included.
I dont know if the tie is a completely valid comparison. A lot of us here held off because that mold is a known pos, and has serious mechanical flaws. Many people, like myself, were waiting for a drop in price before they would take on the risk of the problems that mold has.

Reaction score
There's no reason an X-Wing should be $100. Like in 2013 they were $60. Adjust for inflation and that's $65 today. In 1978 they were $15 which when you adjust for inflation is about $60 today. I get the Disney licensing fee comes into play, but anything over $75 for an X-Wing is a bit much. I'm pretty confident they'll be discounted though.
Exactly. I see any X-Wing or Starfighter vehicle as $60 maximum. This Poe one does provide a nice ST vehicle, though I think Kylo's TIE Silencer was definitely a great ship and the light-up engines and hidden missiles were cool. I'm curious if they've fixed the wing mechanism. It works great on my POTF2 version, yet they couldn't get it right with their L-switch in the past version and it made the wings floppy instead of sturdy.

All signs were pointing to a Luke Red 5 though, which would really bum me out if they don't end up bringing that out as well. It also bugs me that Hasbro has BB-8 in there and a clear droid socket, yet we've never had a BB-8 in TVC whatsoever and in the 5POA line you had to buy an entire character pack just to get him. Then again, it would be a total joke to release a BB-8 on a single card - he needs to be a pack in like the Black Series. Curious if there are any actual "features" on this POE X-Wing or electronics.

Reaction score
They should pack in BB-8 with Finn or Rose if they ever plan on releasing them. Might give them a little bit of help moving. I’d say BB-8 and D-0 2-pack, but even that would be ridiculous for $13. I mean porgs out for less than $20 in a Black Series box. Put BB-8 and D-0 on a Rise of Skywalker card for like maybe anywhere from $5-$8. Or BB-8 and BB-9E on a Last Jedi card.

Reaction score
With a $100 pricepoint, I wonder if Hasbro is resigned to parents and gift givers not buying these for kids anymore. Perhaps Hasbro doesn't get that there are some kids that are only interested in 3.75 scale figures and vehicles, just like a large segment of collectors. These prices aren't going to help the success of the scale either. Hasbro has mentioned previously that $10 is a ceiling they try not to go above for figures aimed at kids, yet with them cancelling the basic 3.75 assortment, and not changing the price for TVC, it feels like another misstep toward the scales success at retail.

Reaction score
The (with super bendy soft plastic guns) X-wings fighters from TFA went to clearance in my area for $7.00. They sat there for weeks . They couldn’t move one for $49.99 even with a (terrible) figure when new. And they Now think a few years later a $100.00 will be just fine. Seriously who’s in charge there making these terrible decisions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With a $100 pricepoint, I wonder if Hasbro is resigned to parents and gift givers not buying these for kids anymore. Perhaps Hasbro doesn't get that there are some kids that are only interested in 3.75 scale figures and vehicles, just like a large segment of collectors. These prices aren't going to help the success of the scale either. Hasbro has mentioned previously that $10 is a ceiling they try not to go above for figures aimed at kids, yet with them cancelling the basic 3.75 assortment, and not changing the price for TVC, it feels like another misstep toward the scales success at retail.
Collectors didn't buy the overpriced $80 Hovertank either.

Reaction score
Collectors didn't buy the overpriced $80 Hovertank either.
I did and I'm not at all bothered by the eventually markdown on that item.

But to me, there's a massive chasm between $80 and $100, especially when the Tank was something all-new and we've had X-Wing variants for forty years now.

Reaction score
I am not a fan of any vehicle being orange unless there's an '01' and rebel flag on top.

i realize the this toy is based on what's shown in the movie, but man is it ugly. Orange and white? Reminds me of candy corn., just in time for Halloween. Sculpt looks great. Too bad it's not Blue, or dark red and black, or gun metal gray or something "sharp looking" to quote my dad.

This would've been awesome if it was blue leader's older model x wing instead, with General Merrick figure. Easy pass for me until it's Luke's version.

Reaction score
I am not a fan of any vehicle being orange unless there's an '01' and rebel flag on top..
This is why Obi-Wan separated the twins, didn't want them running moonshine with their Uncle Owen.

Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the Empire since the day they was born.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is why Obi-Wan separated the twins, didn't want them running moonshine with their Uncle Owen.
haha. if only i knew how to work photoshop. there'd be a general lee model x-wing being posted here soon. Think i could use mircosoft paint to do that?

googled general lee xwing, sure enough it already exists. Someone did a general lee falcon too, looks pretty good. I'm not even going to attempt to post pictures here, last time i tried it wasn't the easiest of tasks.

sry for the thread derailment

Last edited:
Reaction score
Zero interest in this one. If it were Luke's X-wing maybe, but for $25 to $35 not $100.

Build a Hoth or Dagoba play set for a $100 price point and make it slightly better than what I could have bought in 1980 and then we'll talk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ LOL!

Although I think the best Dukes analogue would be;
young Bo & Luke Bigs & Luke shooting Womp-Rats out of a rebel flag painted
T-16 skyhopper.
While they are chased by incompetent Troopers through Beggar's Canyon.
You could make a whole show based on that!:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's pretty good. LOL! Though you need to seal the canopy and only have the side window open so Luke can slide in. :awesome:
^ LOL!

Although I think the best Dukes analogue would be;
young Bo & Luke Bigs & Luke shooting Womp-Rats out of a rebel flag painted
T-16 skyhopper.
While they are chased by incompetent Troopers through Beggar's Canyon.
You could make a whole show based on that!:p

Reaction score
Whether it sells well or not, I'll tell you one thing for sure.
This is an all new mold so this will be seen again, hopefully, in other colors like Poe's in TFA.
I'm excited but definitely not about the $100 price point.
So glad I bought the other Poe X-wings in clearance, kept the pack in figures then sold them later for what they cost me.
Looks like they're going to get some $ out of me on this one.
I would buy this for $75 if Target does the $25 off $100 again.

Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen to everyone *****ing about what it costs to buy this thing. Now you know how every Australian collector feels.

Take the recent VC Tie Fighter for example. It started at $80 but ended up on clearance for $19.99. Australia never even got this but the few online retailers who had it had it for $200. So if you're expecting any sympathy about how much you people have to pay for it, think again.

Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen to everyone *****ing about what it costs to buy this thing. Now you know how every Australian collector feels.

Take the recent VC Tie Fighter for example. It started at $80 but ended up on clearance for $19.99. Australia never even got this but the few online retailers who had it had it for $200. So if you're expecting any sympathy about how much you people have to pay for it, think again.
I don't give a **** what it costs in Australia or what it costs Australian collectors. I'm concerned about the cost here in the US.

I don't think anyone was looking for any sympathy lol

Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, boo hoo. Do you know what I have to pay for a decent wallaby steak around here? :p LOL!