Plo Koon - #109

Reaction score
Please, don't even get me started, I've got to be able to just get the original Plo in my hands before I even think about a Clone Wars version! lol
Though you make a great point as he would be the easiest one to do with only needing armor on the forearms and legs. He didn't have too much going on like Some did. Sae See Tiin as well when/if they ever do is figure it basically just like Obi-Wan's.

I really can't get started with all of this though, got way tooo many WIP already. lol

Reaction score
I was thinking it would require repainting tunic and maybe boots plus you would need to mold some gauntlets over his existing hands. The easiest part would be to change out the forearms with clone armor.309F731A-DD0B-4D10-B1AF-C78495BEAEFD.jpeg

Attachments

Reaction score
Again, you could swap the forearms and call it a day, but the torso is completely different. He has an outer tunic that is symmetrical and sewn down the center, the tunic has “shoulders” that go way out on the arms, and he has a hood laying flat in the back. A Clone Wars Mace would be the simple one.

Reaction score
I’m thinking of buying 2 plo koon black series figures. One to keep as is, & 2nd one I’m thinking of repainting the whole Jedi tunic body robes a red brown color similar to the Revenge of the 3.75 Plo koon figure, and ordering the black robes for plo koon from Scottacustoms, in order to give him a similar look from the phantom menace and Jedi power battles theme look, basically a two in one version of in between. Of course I need To find a yellow lightsaber.

Reaction score
This is the last one I ordered and the first one I received. I sorta impulsively decided I’d get him so I put in an order a couple weeks ago after putting in orders for Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Kit months and months ago. Others haven’t even shipped yet. He’s a lot bigger than I expected, which I like. I’m surprised how much I like the robes, I don’t plan on removing them. I’m having a little trouble getting him to stand in any pose that isn’t just standing straight as a board, that’s my only real issue. Head sculpt is great.

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn’t order from Amazon. Nothing good every comes from Amazon or Walmart imo. So Plo just arrived, in a bubble mailer but somehow uncrushed. I was psyched until I opened him and saw his right foot is mangled. Looks like a bad cast they tried to pass off. Luckily I had an extra set of Mace legs so I’ll just steal one of his feet. Still really annoying, lame QC Hasbro, lame.
Otherwise it’s a nice figure. The robe is nicer than I thought and actually has some drape If it wasn’t for the effed up foot I’d call this figure a solid release, despite its inaccuracies. I just should have ordered from Heroes Hideout.BC55C903-07CB-4295-B7EC-0466EEB22066.jpeg

Reaction score
I'd all 4 pre ordered but cancelled Anakin, Obi-Wan and Jake Fisto after seeing 'in hand' photos. Kept Plo ordered as thought he was pick of the bunch and is my favourite prequel Jedi.

Anyone else's mask not glued in properly? His right cheek is fine, but there's a weird gap on the left side, which is really distracting. Disappointed that he can't turn his head to the side without it tilting up weirdly. Not a fan of the outer robe at all either.

As others have said, it's not an accurate costume, so I feel like I'm looking at someone's custom figure headswap rather than a full price release. Feel like you can get away with that in 3.75" for backgrounders, but seems really noticeable at this scale.

Really wanted to love this figure.

Reaction score
I got this guy opened up yesterday. I didn't realize that the robe has a hood. Is definitely meant to hang down his back and doesn't look awful. I don't like that it's stitched up in the front though. And the hands don't really have the space to flex in and out because the joint is too deep into the sleeves. Despite those few things though, I really like the figure a lot.

Reaction score
I feel bad for them, because only a few Jedi can get by with reuse. What's gonna happen when it comes to Ki Adi Mundi, Luminara Unduli, Aayla Secure etc. Those a re all unique sculpts that cannot utilize reuse

Reaction score

Master Jedi Plo Koon of the Jedi Council and General Plo Koon , Jedi Master.

got my second Plo in today! i ran the head under hot water and it popped off easily and i removed the robes to give this one a battlefield General Plo look.

i will say that despite everything , i really am in love with this release. i get that they were re-creating his AOTC look, which as i recall we only ever saw him wearing his robes in the movies, so the undersculpt of his tunic really wasnt a significant detail.

he even looks pretty good next to a mace, the colors are so different, unless youre really scanning the figures for details they dont look identical.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed that my CC was finally charged on the 21st, but still no word from Big H about shipping etc.
Be nice to finally get a figure I've had on pre-order since what feel like an eternium. < Yes it's a word.

Reaction score
After finally getting this guy in hand I'm a bit concerned and think they should have just made a Plo specific sculpt, he appears to be top heavy. Possibly because his head is more massive that Windu's, thus adding weight than the sculpt should be counterbalancing. Also by using the Windu sculpt he's a tad taller than he should be.

Other than that the Plo Koon parts are done well in terms of detail. One thing though, why have a removable blade if the hilt itself will not attach to the figure's belt? I get not including a lit Saber and unlit hilt for cost reason, but it doesn't makes sense to be able to remove the blade and have nowhere to put the hilt. lol

Reaction score
I bought a roll of velcro from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YZATDY/ref=twister_B07XZB67JK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Then I just cut the strips the way I needed. Since they are adhesive, they are easy to attach. The first thing I did was join the outer robe together so it didn't billow as much. Then I added velcro to each of the tabbards and placed those how I wanted so they would drape down the front. And that was it.

Reaction score
Just got my jedi-pack, holy smokes that's a giant hood on Plo's robe!
He stand really well on his own, right out of the package - thinking of just removing the robe to really enjoy the sculpt.

Reaction score
I was able to get Plo's robe to look decent with a bit of futzing. I will never pose him sans-robe, since he's never seen without it in the films and as far as I'm concerned what's beneath them is EU, so I removed the lower plastic tunic to streamline his silhouette. Then I folded the edges of his hood under around his shoulders to make the robe look a bit more tailored. Ultimately he still needs a water bath, but I'm happy with him for now.

IMG_5104.jpg

Reaction score
Love what you did with his robes, think I'll incorporate that into mine also.

I was able to get Plo's robe to look decent with a bit of futzing. I will never pose him sans-robe, since he's never seen without it in the films and as far as I'm concerned what's beneath them is EU, so I removed the lower plastic tunic to streamline his silhouette. Then I folded the edges of his hood under around his shoulders to make the robe look a bit more tailored. Ultimately he still needs a water bath, but I'm happy with him for now.

View attachment 360093

Reaction score

View attachment 360093
Wow great job man that looks fantastic. Have to try that myself too!

Reaction score
Are the blades on these new light saber accessories removable? I have a couple of these Jedi/Sith figures in poses fallen off the shelf a couple times and I really begin to worry if one unlucky fall will snap the blade off if they are not removable.

Reaction score
But if it lands in an awkward position and stays there for too long, the hilt might bend. The happened with my Jedi Knight Luke.

Reaction score
Ordered him on Pulse the other day and he arrived yesterday. Pretty dope looking figure.

Reaction score
Nice snow shoes!

lol its my attempt at making stands, tbh they work amazingly although they dont look super cool. i tried to copy the scale and design of the clear black series stand that was packaged with jedi luke.

i was leaning into the idea that id like to start making and selling these but i need to get the assembly process a little more refined

Reaction score
Currently on sale at Dorkside Toys for $15.99. Part of their Black Friday deals.

Reaction score
Not really a custom, but here’s a minor Tweak to master PLO’s Saber

Attachments