Plo Koon - #109

Reaction score
mines been pushed out until late Aug from Entertainment Earth,
I only preorder from EE if it's an exclusive or something everyone else sold out of. The last time I preordered from them I had to cancel it because I found the figures in store (it was General Leia and Maz Kanata) a few weeks after they'd seemingly hit everywhere else.

Reaction score
I only preorder from EE if it's an exclusive or something everyone else sold out of. The last time I preordered from them I had to cancel it because I found the figures in store (it was General Leia and Maz Kanata) a few weeks after they'd seemingly hit everywhere else.
honestly an EE pre order is my safety net. lately all of the figures ive wanted have been getting shipped to me quicker and cheaper from amazon.

Reaction score
That's why i use Pulse. I'm ok not getting it right away, but I'm also not paying for shipping. If I see something in store first and can plunk down cash for it, that's my preordered choice, but it takes a little bit of luck for that to happen.

Reaction score
The way it looks in the box, it seems like the fabric naturally wants to spread out, like it's supposed to be displayed open. Super excited to get this one!!

Reaction score
it looks like they went with a robe in the style that the 12" Sideshow Collectible had?

i guess its more of the fact that Plo just doesnt wear traditional hooded Jedi robe

Reaction score
There aren’t many photos of the figure without a robe, but I presume this is just the Mace body with a new head and new hands?

Reaction score
It better not be... Plo has a unique turtleneck thing, a regular Jedi torso just wouldn't work.

It's fine if they reuse some arm and leg parts, though.

Reaction score
It better not be... Plo has a unique turtleneck thing, a regular Jedi torso just wouldn't work.

It's fine if they reuse some arm and leg parts, though.
It kind of looks like they did the collar thing around the neck like they did with Dooku. So part of the neck is the clothes.

Reaction score
It kind of looks like they did the collar thing around the neck like they did with Dooku. So part of the neck is the clothes.
I can only find one convention photo that shows off enough of the torso, but I believe you’re right. The robed part is obviously the same sculpt but they do include the turtleneck part, so I belive the “neck” is sculpted with the neck and extra fabric part as one.

Reaction score
I can only find one convention photo that shows off enough of the torso, but I believe you’re right. The robed part is obviously the same sculpt but they do include the turtleneck part, so I belive the “neck” is sculpted with the neck and extra fabric part as one.
Agreed, that seems to be the case.

Regarding Plo's robe, the two tabards in the front should not open to show his inner tunic - instead, they sit on top of a full robe that does not open to show his costume beneath.

I'm hoping custom robes for Plo will be made and purchasable online by some of our well-known customizers, as I'm not digging the stock Hasbro robe.

Reaction score
I'm hoping custom robes for Plo will be made and purchasable online by some of our well-known customizers, as I'm not digging the stock Hasbro robe.
I've never bought any custom soft goods, but if someone makes him Clone Wars robe, I dont think I could own the figure without acquiring one.

Reaction score
There aren’t many photos of the figure without a robe, but I presume this is just the Mace body with a new head and new hands?
That’s what I thought as soon as I saw the boxed pic. The one side of the plastic tunic under the outer robe looks exactly like Mace’s length and maybe color too.

Reaction score
Wow the Mace body doesn’t work for this, the design of the robes and the collar part just isn’t accurate at all. I wouldn’t bother getting this.

Reaction score
Wow the Mace body doesn’t work for this, the design of the robes and the collar part just isn’t accurate at all. I wouldn’t bother getting this.
Well that is part of the problem with releasing unique looking figures, should they have made an all new mold that only gets used once for Plo?
Most of the Jedi have reusable tunics, for the most part. But in cased like this, and Ki-Adi and a few others, can they really afford to make a none off sculpt? Kit Fisto sure and Obi-Wan are close enough as is mace, ROTS Anakin though is very different but is a main character.

If the robes were better looking, the under tunic would be less of an issue as it's covered. But there are I'm sure, a lot of us who would display him without the robes.

Personally speaking though, if you're gonna save money on all those Clone and Stormy repaints etc, is it that difficult to get a proper Plo Koon!?
This is the type of thing that probably should be addressed before Hasbro get too carried away with reuse on some characters.

Reaction score
Gamestop says 5/29 release date, other sites say June/July/Aug...anyone kow the true release date?

Reaction score
Gamestop says 5/29 release date, other sites say June/July/Aug...anyone kow the true release date?

i ordered my Plo from HasbroPulse ; pre-order placed in DEC. i got an email on 5/1 telling me that THEIR expected ship date is 7/20.

not sure if that translates to July 20th, 2020 or simply "july" 2020.

Reaction score
Well that is part of the problem with releasing unique looking figures, should they have made an all new mold that only gets used once for Plo?
Yes? They did it many times for Plo in the 3.75" lines.

I prefer the 6" line but I'm not going to buy these versions of Plo Koon and Kit Fisto when I have good accurate 3.75" figures.

Reaction score
Well i think Hasbro was likely hoping that no one was going to notice, or that it wouldn't bother enough people for it to be an issue. 6" line isn't quite old enough for there to be a lot of nitpickers like the 3.75" line has. 😉

Reaction score
I believed is an all new sculpt, not a re-used mold from Mace or anybody else. will wait to see a review or pictures before making any judgement. most of the time Hasbro won't reused any molds for other characters with the exception of Dr. Aphra and Jaina Solo.

Reaction score
I believed is an all new sculpt, not a re-used mold from Mace or anybody else. will wait to see a review or pictures before making any judgement. most of the time Hasbro won't reused any molds for other characters with the exception of Dr. Aphra and Jaina Solo.
it IS the same body mold.

the only new sculpt on Plo Koon figure is HEAD+NECK, HANDS.

rest of the figure is reused design. i HAVE mace windu figure in hand when comparing to Plo Koon. i am positive.

Reaction score
So Amazon says that he's supposed to get delivered tomorrow. I can still change the payment method, so I'm very skeptical. Anyone else order from Amazon and get a shipping notice? Same with Kit Fisto?

Reaction score
So Amazon says that he's supposed to get delivered tomorrow. I can still change the payment method, so I'm very skeptical. Anyone else order from Amazon and get a shipping notice? Same with Kit Fisto?
Yeah, I'd be skeptical. Same with my Snowspeeder Luke. I don't think Plo is going to get delivered anytime soon - we'd have already seen in-hand pics from others, and unless I have missed something due to everything going on in the world lately, I've seen zero in-hand pics of Plo and Kit.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be skeptical. Same with my Snowspeeder Luke. I don't think Plo is going to get delivered anytime soon - we'd have already seen in-hand pics from others, and unless I have missed something due to everything going on in the world lately, I've seen zero in-hand pics of Plo and Kit.
If amazon gets these before Dorkside and Pulse I will be very surprised. We should know soon because I have them shipping soon too.

Reaction score
Amazon maintains the original ship date until that date comes, then they will post “Delayed” or “Running Late” on your order status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazon maintains the original ship date until that date comes, then they will post “Delayed” or “Running Late” on your order status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that they did. I got delays for Snowspeeder Luke early this morning and AOTC Anakin and Kenobi just a second ago. I’m sure Plo, Kit and the battle droids are next. Typical (US) Amazon (jp site seems better).

Reaction score
And that they did. I got delays for Snowspeeder Luke early this morning and AOTC Anakin and Kenobi just a second ago. I’m sure Plo, Kit and the battle droids are next. Typical (US) Amazon (jp site seems better).
I don't think web stores have received the allocations just yet, usually when start going on eBay or someone post a review on YouTube, web stores start sending the allocated figures they received, however no sign of this been found anywhere, I'm sure they have to be delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic hitting the world.

Reaction score
Guess when I do eventually get the black series plo koon, I’ll be updating his robes with these, to give him a look similar to both his from the Phantom menace and the Jedi High Council legends comics. Also might repaint the entire Jedi tunic on the figure and red brown, similar to the revenge of the sith 3in plo koon figure, to match to custom black brown robe better. Also maybe his custom Yellow lightsaber from acrylic rods, Jedi power battles theme.

Attachments

Reaction score

Box images from dorkside :love:(y)

i still think the robe looks like tethered trash but we'll see
Yea that robe looks horrible, i understand since they wanted more articulation, I’m definitely debating on buying the black robes from scottacustoms, since I like The phantom menace look, & of course i gotta find a yellow blade to go with his lightsaber hilt, Jedi power battles theme. Also might repaint the Jedi tunic a red brown to match the robes color from both attack of the clones and revenge of the sith, while sticking with black robes of the phantom menace, basically 3 themes in 1 figure.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yea that robe looks horrible, i understand since they wanted more articulation, I’m definitely debating on buying the black robes from scottacustoms, since I like The phantom menace look, & of course i gotta find a yellow blade to go with his lightsaber hilt, Jedi power battles theme. Also might repaint the Jedi tunic a red brown to match the robes color from both attack of the clones and revenge of the sith, while sticking with black robes of the phantom menace, basically 3 themes in 1 figure.

Reaction score
Let me know what you do for the saber, I gotta have a yellow one for him, too. He was my favorite in Jedi Power Battles! Plus, I guess now yellow sabers are canon...