PLEASE READ: Rules For Buying, Selling or Trading LEGO

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
General Rules

- Members may only offer to sell Star Wars items they own, not for a friend.

- Postings must include a Star Wars item.

- No auctioning is permitted. That means you cannot make a post stating that you will take offers and sell the item to the highest bidder.

- You may not use the forum to promote or advertise auctions.

- You may include a link to a picture of the item or items for sale, but all relevant information, such as a description of the item and the price, must be included in your post.

- The purpose of this section is to help other collectors find what they need, so please post in the spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit.

- Do not start more than one For Sale thread at a time. If you have multiple items to sell, put them all in the same thread and title your thread to reflect this. Having more than one thread pushes posts off the front page quicker making it unfair to other users.

- Do not BUMP your thread more than a few times a week. Excessive thread bumping will be considered “post padding” which is against forum rules.

- Do not erase your thread title once you’ve sold your item. Simply edit the title with a “(SOLD)” at the end.

- Do not post non-transactional messages in someone else’s thread. If you wish to discuss someone’s asking price, do so in private via PM or email.

- IF SELLING, YOU MUST INDICATE A SALE PRICE FOR EACH ITEM LISTED. Ads without a price for each item will be deleted and the seller will be notified by email or Private Message.

- Prices must indicate no higher than fair market value. Moderators will use their judgment to decide whether or not the prices are fair. For items currently at retail stores, the prices must be no higher than their normal retail cost. NO SCALPING OF CURRENT ITEMS WILL BE PERMITTED. If you paid more than retail for the item, you must state in your post that you did so. For items more than one year old, some leeway in price will be permitted, subject again to the discretion of the moderators.

Reaction score
Thanks for creating this Chris!

One thing to add: If your item is sold, please:

- do not remove the body of the original sale post and asking price.
- do add the sold price if it is different from your asking price.

This helps this section become an archive for historical sales prices for future research.

Thanks scummers!

Reaction score
There are several people who collect more than just SW LEGO, minifig collectors and the like. If we aren't allowed to B/T/S anything other than SW I guess I've already unknowingly broken the rules with my WTT thread.

Reaction score
I really don't think that will be a problem. I think all Legos would be welcome, and others have already been doing that before this specific thread.

Reaction score

This helps this section become an archive for historical sales prices for future research.

Thanks scummers!
If we're going to do this, could we at least move sold items to the bottom? I hate looking at a list of items, with most of them sold, to find the few that are still available.

Reaction score
I agree that there are a lot of items that have sold and still taking up space. Some stuff a month and a half ago.

Reaction score

Thanks scummers!
Not crazy about that idea, I guarantee it's not something that people will keep up with.... not to mention all the search returns and multiple thread listings for users as they create new threads. In other threads, it's difficult enuf to get people to remember to change thread title to close/lock.
I'd prefer to just have them removed once no longer relevant, this is just a much cleaner way to do it.
Also, some sellers might not want their final selling prices to be published.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I totally agree. If I have an emergency and sell and item very cheap I don't think that price should effect anyone down the road. So there is no point to a record of sale prices.

Reaction score
1. I would sell to a friend here probably cheaper than asking price.

2. I would give a discount for multiple sets sold.

Reaction score
Hello,
Could you please tell me if it would be ok to sell my custom Star Wars Lego models in the forum or if it's only for official ones?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Personally, I think you're well within your rights to sell your custom work in the forum. I can't say that I've seen anyone do that I here, but I would support you.

Reaction score
Hello,
Could you please tell me if it would be ok to sell my custom Star Wars Lego models in the forum or if it's only for official ones?
Thank you.
I see no reason why it can not be done. Bricklink already does this and they pretty much set the standard for Lego sales.

I have been QUITE tempted to purchase plans from your site already and would love the oportunity to purchase them through here.

Reaction score
Personally, I think you're well within your rights to sell your custom work in the forum. I can't say that I've seen anyone do that I here, but I would support you.
Thanks. Well I didn't want to put mess in the section so I wanted to know.

I see no reason why it can not be done. Bricklink already does this and they pretty much set the standard for Lego sales.

I have been QUITE tempted to purchase plans from your site already and would love the oportunity to purchase them through here.
Thanks. That's interesting, do you mean you would feel more comfortable? If yes, that may be the same of other people so I need to do something for them ... and for me :sneaky:

Reaction score
Thanks. Well I didn't want to put mess in the section so I wanted to know.

Thanks. That's interesting, do you mean you would feel more comfortable? If yes, that may be the same of other people so I need to do something for them ... and for me :sneaky:
I am curious if you ever recieved rights from Kenner to sell their designs? I bought the instructions for one of your sets, paid copious amounts of money to build it and when I wanted to sell the set, not instructions, you said I was not allowed. I am confused how you can you do that since Kenner owns the design and not you. So it is my understanding if you do not have permission from Kenner you are violating their copyright. Just saying.

Reaction score
I am curious if you ever recieved rights from Kenner to sell their designs? I bought the instructions for one of your sets, paid copious amounts of money to build it and when I wanted to sell the set, not instructions, you said I was not allowed. I am confused how you can you do that since Kenner owns the design and not you. So it is my understanding if you do not have permission from Kenner you are violating their copyright. Just saying.
No one can stop you from selling the bricks that makes the model, there are no rights attached to the combination of the parts.

And while copying his instructions and selling them would be a violation of IP, selling your purchased instructions (and not retaining a copy) is no different than buying a book and selling it after you've read it.

People can put all the disclaimers they want on something, but they have to be legal to enforce them.
Lego allows you to sell their instructions once purchased, but you can't photo copy them and sell them.

I can't imagine any customerizer has powers that Lego does not.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention, it's fine to sell customs here on the boards as long as they are properly labeled as such.

Also, in the spirit of our great community, please always go by the collect to collect mentality when dealing with other members. In other words, you are free to buy/sell/trade with other members, but in the interest of keeping this a fun and fair place for everyone, don't purchase something at a low price with the intent to flip it at the expense of another member. That's not what this site is for.

Reaction score
No one can stop you from selling the bricks that makes the model, there are no rights attached to the combination of the parts.

And while copying his instructions and selling them would be a violation of IP, selling your purchased instructions (and not retaining a copy) is no different than buying a book and selling it after you've read it.

People can put all the disclaimers they want on something, but they have to be legal to enforce them.
Lego allows you to sell their instructions once purchased, but you can't photo copy them and sell them.

I can't imagine any customerizer has powers that Lego does not.
Thanks Killer bee, I'm fed up explaining that person what's wrong with his attitude.

Just wanted to mention, it's fine to sell customs here on the boards as long as they are properly labeled as such.

Also, in the spirit of our great community, please always go by the collect to collect mentality when dealing with other members. In other words, you are free to buy/sell/trade with other members, but in the interest of keeping this a fun and fair place for everyone, don't purchase something at a low price with the intent to flip it at the expense of another member. That's not what this site is for.
Thanks for this focus. All I want is to make my own custom models to potential customers.

Reaction score
Thanks Killerbee, I'm fed up explaining to that person what's wrong with his attitude.

Thanks for this focus. All I want is to make my sell own custom models to potential customers for copious amounts of money.
fixed that for you.

And from what I understand ISDA can sell the instructions that he paid for as long as they are not copies of the original ones that he paid copious amounts of money for.

Reaction score
To use sewing patterns as an example...it is usually ok to sell whatever you created using the pattern, but it is not ok to reproduce the pattern for resale.

Reaction score
Thanks Killer bee, I'm fed up explaining that person what's wrong with his attitude.
Who is this fed up person you speak of? Maybe this supposed "attitude"is a result of your apparent lack of comprehension when it comes to the English language. Better watch what you say.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Who is this fed up person you speak of? Maybe this supposed "attitude"is a result of your apparent lack of comprehension when it comes to the English language. Better watch what you say.
Yes, english isn't mt first language and I used the wrong word, that's right. But that doesn't change the facts.