Playstation News

Reaction score
Man, tomorrow I have two new games coming, and I have on pre-order another 4 games, sheeshhh,,, went from really nothing interesting/worth getting and playing last of us almost to the point of rank 700+ that now theres some games coming in, i cant believe it!!!

cant wait for Metal Gear Solid baby!!!B)

Reaction score
Same here MGSV and Mad Max! And more to come this fall. So it goes...
Yea isnt that the truth, we still have some big ones coming,, like battlefront of course but theres Fallout... another one that I hope isnt botched and looks great is Tom Clancys Rainbox six Siege.... then in 2016, we can look forward to even more games... and I am sure I am missing some other good ones that are coming out.

btw just to throw this out there, I purchased the guide for Metal Gear Solid. Now one could say "but yea, all that stuff is online already" and true but this game ugh, its so detailed from all the others I have played, that having the guide right in front of me, condensed, is just perfect, point to the page and its all right there and not scattered everywhere, this has got me be one of the most laid out and well thought of guides.. so I highly suggest getting it with the game.

Reaction score
Hey just a question for you folks that have a ps4 and play online... I am getting all sorts of time out messages when i log in, anyone else here having those issues trying to log onto the psn network? thanks in advance

Reaction score
So I have almost $200 in Best Buy points & $100 BB gift card. With Black Friday next week, I was thinking of getting a PS4 since they will be $300.

That being said, is it worth it? I know I plan to play FFXV on it as well as the exclusive Street Fighter V. But what exclusives do they have now? I already have a X1.

Reaction score
That being said, is it worth it? I know I plan to play FFXV on it as well as the exclusive Street Fighter V. But what exclusives do they have now? I already have a X1.
Well for starters, there's the Uncharted Collection (which comes as a digital download bundle). This series alone justifies owning a Playstation IMO. There's also The Last of Us Remastered, God of War 3 Remastered, The Order: 1886, Until Dawn, Infamous: Second Son. I've played and gotten 100% of all of these except for TLOU, so I can tell you these are great games. There are other SONY exclusives worth playing but these are the ones that come to mind for me.

For 2016 Uncharted 4 and a rebooted Ratchet and Clank are coming. R&C is another fun series.

Reaction score
So I have almost $200 in Best Buy points & $100 BB gift card. With Black Friday next week, I was thinking of getting a PS4 since they will be $300.

I am a long time Sony PS gamer since PS2. The PS4 continues to live up to my expectations and I am happy to continue to be a loyal PS gamer. Let me say that Sony is NOT perfect and they have pulled some garbage and there is always something bone headed they do each year.

That said, there are many great games on PS4. Lone_Jedi mentioned a few games, I can tell you that the Uncharted Series is worth playing and a brand new uncharted is coming early next year, great story, graphics and game play. I also encourage you to play The Last Of Us, which has a very beautiful and engrossing single player story AND a very large online gaming community which ties in with the story and never ever gets old playing online even after being out for several years now.

Finally yes, Ratchet and Clank, mentioned also by Lone_Jedi are a fun series as well.

But yea, come on over to PS4 and join us! B)

Reaction score
I'd also recommend Bloodborne if you want a challenging gothic, eldritch-horror inspired game with great gameplay.

Reaction score
Of the ones you guys mentioned, Uncharted is the only one that peaks my interest.

Is there any good JRPGs for the PS4?

Reaction score
Well...I'm officially a PS4 owner today:

Also, my impulse buy for the day:

well, on behalf of the many PS4 gamers around the world, allow me to welcome you to the PS4 family;)

nice package there with the Uncharted PS4... Uncharted was a fun series to play.

Reaction score
You need to get The Last of Us for that PS4!
Yes I agree, whos with me, lets twist DeathStar1000's arms until DeathStar gets The Last of Us Remastered lol ... all joking aside, Last of Us is a great game, if not one of the greatest games I have ever played on PS... great story, fun and interesting single campaign and an online multiplayer mode that never gets old and has something for everyone!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bloodborne.
I was thinking more Final Fantasy type RPG rather than Dragon Age type.

well, on behalf of the many PS4 gamers around the world, allow me to welcome you to the PS4 family;)

nice package there with the Uncharted PS4... Uncharted was a fun series to play.
Thanks! I have the first Uncharted for PS3, but never got around to play it.

Yes I agree, whos with me, lets twist DeathStar1000's arms until DeathStar gets The Last of Us Remastered lol ...
LOL!

So one thing I noticed. When I pop in a disc, it's almost immediately ready to play. It doesn't show a percentage for the install. Does the PS4 not install games? I went to my storage and it showed Uncharted at almost 50GB. No way it copied that much so fast. With the X1, it takes a bit sometimes for a game to be able start.

Reaction score
Some games like GTA and Fallout 4 will still have a lengthy install after you start. I forgot how MGSV is. Some games will mask the install by having you play an intro you can't get out of. Oh Star Wars Battlefront is the same. You play that Vader stage forever before the real game starts.

Reaction score
I streamed the PlayStation Experience yesterday and was completely underwhelmed with their future offerings. I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4 and the FFVII remake looked really good but all the rest just seemed like indie games or VR which gave me flashbacks of all the crappy Kinect games.

Reaction score
Damn again?!? Good thing my PS Plus ran out on Xmas and I'm waiting for a deal on a year card. Anyone see one post here. I missed out on a $35 deal a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
Question for you guys. If you get PS Plus and get the free games. Are they yours to keep? Or do you lose access to them if you are no longer a subscriber?

Reaction score
Question for you guys. If you get PS Plus and get the free games. Are they yours to keep? Or do you lose access to them if you are no longer a subscriber?
You can't access them anymore once your subscription has ended. You can access them again if you suscribe again later.

Reaction score
You can't access them anymore once your subscription has ended. You can access them again if you suscribe again later.
Dang, that's what I thought. I have a 30 day card I can use and wanted to use it this month for Grim Fandango, but don't plan to play it right now.

Reaction score
Not news, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I noticed there's an XBOX Gamertag thread stickied to the top of the forum. I searched and found a very old PSN username thread that was never stickied. Is the PS community here on RS really that small or dead? :confused:

Reaction score
Not news, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I noticed there's an XBOX Gamertag thread stickied to the top of the forum. I searched and found a very old PSN username thread that was never stickied. Is the PS community here on RS really that small or dead? :confused:
We're just really anti-social. :sneaky:

Last edited: