Playstation News

Reaction score
Not really news, but what exclusives are there or are coming out (within the next few months) for the PS4?

I'm going to have about $400 in Best Buy gift cards in time for Black Friday and was thinking of picking one up. But I'm worried it is just going to be gathering dust.

Maybe I'm better off getting a WiiU.

Reaction score
You're worried about a PS4 gathering dust but are considering a WiiU?:p Unless you REALLY love Mario, it's gonna be the opposite. PS4 has a ton of great exclusives coming out, from major titles to indies, and the third party titles are better on PS4 than Xbox.

The Order: 1886 is the nearest big exclusive. It's out in February.

Reaction score
You're worried about a PS4 gathering dust but are considering a WiiU?:p Unless you REALLY love Mario, it's gonna be the opposite. PS4 has a ton of great exclusives coming out, from major titles to indies, and the third party titles are better on PS4 than Xbox.

LOL! True about the WiiU. My Wii has been gathering dust for years. I still have it hooked up though! Although there are a some games I'd be interested in playing for the WiiU. And I do like Mario games since they are a good distraction from the serious games.

The Order is one I am definitely interested in, but until February? That's a long wait. Despite getting mulitplat games for XBOX, I do try to play Final Fantasy/MGS games only on PS. So Type-0 would be another one to get that comes out early next year. Just don't know if it's worth paying $400 for a system next month that I really won't play till next year. Hmm...

Reaction score

Unless yo really love Mario? What about Bayonetta 1 & 2? Hyrule Warriors? Smash Brothers? Wonderful 101? Steam World Dig? Shovel Knight? Monster Warrior 3? Splatoon? Pikimin? Donkey Kong Country? There's lot of non-Mario games that are out there on the WiiU. Then of course there's Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, and Super Mario/Luigi WiiU.

Admittedly, the WiiU stumble out the gate... Stumbled, fell, broke its leg, got a concussion, ended up in the hospital on life support... :) But, it's has been really coming on strong lately. It won't outsell the PS4, and I don't think it needs to do so. It just has to have fun games, and it really does have that in spades.

Reaction score
Don't like any of those games you listed. I do plan on buying a WiiU actually. It would be for my son, but also for us to play as a family. That's probably the best thing about it. I grew up loving Nintendo but "outgrew" them years ago, though I still have a soft spot for Mario games.

Reaction score
You can't beat the Wii U as a family gaming system.
Thats the only thing all four of us...even my High School aged daughter...will play together.
We've put quite a bit of time into 4 player tournaments of Nintendoland, Wii Party U & Mario Kart

Reaction score
Don't like any of those games you listed. I do plan on buying a WiiU actually. It would be for my son, but also for us to play as a family. That's probably the best thing about it. I grew up loving Nintendo but "outgrew" them years ago, though I still have a soft spot for Mario games.
That's cool if they aren't your cup of tea. Most of the games available on the PS4 aren't mine, which is why I haven't gone from my PS3 to a PS4 and don't really plan to do so. I was just trying to clear up the misconception that the only games on the WiiU are Mario games. The only Mario game my kids like to play is 3D World. Well, and Mario Kart 8, but I don't really consider that a "Mario" game. They have been playing Trine, Pikmin and Donkey Kong Country mostly. That will all change in about a month though when Smash Bros comes out.

Reaction score
Oh, I know, I was kidding about it only being Mario games. When we get a WiiU, Smash Bros will be one of the first games we pick up. I bought the 3DS version for my son last weekend and he loves it and is really excited to play the WiiU version. Myself, I'm hyped to play Mario Kart 8.

Reaction score
Just a heads up. The week of the 9th, Best Buy is offering Gamers Club Unlocked for only $30! You have to buy a game $40 and up to get that price, but that shouldn't be too hard. Well worth IMO.

Also, Target will have Buy Two, get One Free on all games.

Halo Collection & Assassin's Creed Unity are released that week by the way.

Reaction score
I already have the trilogy and golden abyss, but I pre-ordered it anyway. I can't wait to see what they've done to Drake's Fortune, and play the Uncharted 4 Beta!

Reaction score
I'm definitely picking it up. I had a PS3 for years but only played U3 (and loved it), so I'm looking forward to playing the previous games.

Reaction score
Ordered the Xbox One version from Best Buy with GCU. $160 plus $10 back in credit, is pretty fair.

Reaction score
I just got a couple of conformation e-mails, but I'm still expecting them to cancel the orders.
I didn't go nuts like some people did, I only bought 3 of the $200.

Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, I heard about it. No way they let people keep them. If they do, I'll be amazed.

Reaction score
So does the PS4 fix one of my main problems with the PS3: Aim and Shoot are now usually mapped to the L2 and R2 buttons? Since Microsoft announced backwards compatibility at E3, I plan on trading in my 360 and the games I'll never replay in exchange for a PS4. Having to use L1 and R1 for most third and first person games was one of the main drawbacks on the PS3 in my opinion.

Reaction score
Doesn't that depend on the game and how the programmers have it set up? I don't think it's a PS issue.

Some games do let you modify your controllers too.

Reaction score
Doesn't that depend on the game and how the programmers have it set up? I don't think it's a PS issue.

Some games do let you modify your controllers too.
Yeah, it's definitely a developer issue but most realized that the triggers were the way to go for aim/shoot and other developers followed suit. I always found the L1/R1 combo to be bad but now thinking about it, I just really hated the dualshock 3.

Reaction score
Anyone getting either the new Fall Out 4 or the Metal Gear Solid 5? I really wanted both collectors editions and they are just flying,,, this despite the fact no reviews have come out yet lol. They are great games, I have played both over the years.. but danggg lol

Reaction score
Amazon had MGS 5 available for a little while yesterday.
I know that doesn't help, but maybe it will show up again. I've had Fallout preordered since the day it first went up.

You may want to start checking Cheap*****Gamer every day. Those guys are really on top if things. I live on that site.
....and you have to, because the Collector Editions sell out quick at Best Buy because of the Gamers Club discount.

Reaction score
Amazon had MGS 5 available for a little while yesterday.
I know that doesn't help, but maybe it will show up again. I've had Fallout preordered since the day it first went up.

You may want to start checking Cheap*****Gamer every day. Those guys are really on top if things. I live on that site.
....and you have to, because the Collector Editions sell out quick at Best Buy because of the Gamers Club discount.

Hey thanks for that i;ll keep an eye out there.

I did manage to snag a CE from Best Buy for Metal Solid Gear, I used a site called nowinstock.net and Best Buy had both Xbox and PS in stock, and I jumped on it immediately and here it is some days and my order hasnt been cancelled yet lol

Just left with trying to see where/how to get a Pip Boy edition. Guess it will be ebay for me after its released. I been collecting all the Fall Out since PS3. First time ever seeing this sell out before it even comes out lol I just hope the game is just as great as the other ones, and the same with Metal Solid Gear.

At least it seems I wont have to keep playing Last of US online all the time now tho, lots of good stuff coming ... not that last of us is bad, I really love playing that game both campaign and online, been a blast.

Reaction score
With backwards compatibility soon coming to the Xbox One, I took my 360 and the games I'd never replay into Mega Replay and traded it all in on a PS4. Ended up getting the console for less than 40 bucks. I didn't get any games yet but a seller on Amazon is selling digital codes for The Last of Us for 14 bucks so I ordered one of those.

Reaction score
With backwards compatibility soon coming to the Xbox One, I took my 360 and the games I'd never replay into Mega Replay and traded it all in on a PS4. Ended up getting the console for less than 40 bucks. I didn't get any games yet but a seller on Amazon is selling digital codes for The Last of Us for 14 bucks so I ordered one of those.

you will enjoy Last of Us and the multiplayer is one of the BEST on ps4.... have fun! B)

Reaction score
Preordered Black Ops 3 at Amazon to get the quick Beta code. Here's 2 extra PSN Beta codes they gave to me.
4552-6GN4-GETC
FML9-Q5NQ-8F9Q

Post if you redeem one...enjoy!

Reaction score
The codes I posted are the actually codes to enter at the PSN store. I redeemed my beta invite code at CoD online and it spit out my Beta PSN code and those too...just clearing things up...