Playmobil - Back to the Future

Reaction score
Found the Delorean today at Walmart. Definitely didn't want to wait on this one.

I've also had my eye on the Ecto-1 for a long time, but it always seems like there's other stuff I prioritize buying ahead of it so I've yet to pick it up.

Reaction score
really hoping that Playmobil releases a 2015 Marty and Doc figure set that included a Mr. Fusion as well. was kinda bummed that the DeLorean did not include the Mr. Fusion.

Reaction score
Has anyone found the Playmobil BTTF 2-pack at retail yet? Its shown on the back of the DMC box and Pixel Dan had one to review alongside the DMC. I see no shelf location at Wal-Mart where I picked up the DMC. If you haven't heard about it, its got 1955 Marty with guitar and 1955 Doc.

Reaction score
Picked up the DMC at Walmart a few weeks back. Great set.

I haven't seen the 2-pack at retail.

Also got another Ghostbusters Playmobil set, the one with Slimer. Love these things. When are we gonna get Star Wars Playmobil? :)

Reaction score
The EE preorder page says it's coming in July. I've only seen the Delorean slowly make it's way to Walmarts around me. One particular Walmart just put the Delorean out about a week ago. I think it'll be out there in due time.

Reaction score
And, for those wondering, here it is with the Reaction figures. They look pretty good standing next to it, but they won't fit inside. You could probably cut away the floor board and get them in there, but I would never dream of doing something like that to this beautiful car.

View attachment 351132

View attachment 351133
Wow, that's about as perfect of a match as I could've hoped for!
I may have to see if I have a spot that could use some BTTF stuff...

Thanks for those shots!

Reaction score
OK, I finally had some time to mess with mine. I had to hog out some material with my Dremel in order to fit my Reaction figures in there. It's cool that all the Playmobil accessories seem to work well with the Reaction figures. Even the Playmobil skateboard works better than the super tiny, and lame, one that came with the Reaction Marty. You can get Reaction Marty to straddle the foot piece similar to Playmobil Marty. Einstein also fits in with them pretty well I think.

All we need now is a Mr. Fusion piece that should be able to retro-fit where the plutonium canister pegs into. Maybe a 3D printed one can be obtained?

It's best to do the modification up front before putting everything together. The front and rear pieces are the key. Once you get them off the rest is easy. I was kind of nervous because it didn't seem to want to come off, and I felt like I was going to break it. Just when I was about to give up for fear of breaking it, they finally popped off. I took some photos so you guys will know that there is a snap feature in the center on top and bottom of the front and rear bumper pieces. I had to use my plastic prying tools to finally get them off.

Here's top and bottom of the front bumper piece. The center top snaps are easy. The center bottom snap is the hard one.

The rear bumper piece. Like the front the bottom snap is the hardest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a model I did for a Mr. Fusion add on piece. It's designed to fit in the port for the plutonium canister. Right now the proportions are closer to the prop. But, I may need to fudge the sizing to look good on the toy. I'll post an update once I am able to print it and put it together.

Reaction score
My 1st prototype. I think I will redesign it with fewer parts. I'll just have to mask and paint. The little parts are too fiddly to work with trying to sand them. It just adds complexity when it's not needed. Plus I think a simpler design will fit in better with the Playmobil aesthetic.

I think I might buy a 2nd one later, immediately take it apart, and paint up all the details that aren't painted now. With it completely assembled now I think I'll probably break it taking it apart again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My 1st prototype. I think I will redesign it with fewer parts. I'll just have to mask and paint. The little parts are too fiddly to work with trying to sand them. It just adds complexity when it's not needed. Plus I think a simpler design will fit in better with the Playmobil aesthetic.

I think I might buy a 2nd one later, immediately take it apart, and paint up all the details that aren't painted now. With it completely assembled now I think I'll probably break it taking it apart again.

Is this going to be available for purchase somewhere?

Reaction score
Is this going to be available for purchase somewhere?
Not really, no. I'm doing it on the side at work. It wouldn't be kosher for me to sell anything and make money off of it. I can give you the design if you want and you can figure out a way to 3D print it yourself. I use an SLA printer that has decent resolution. Some of the features are pretty small. Not sure how it would come out on an FDM printer, but it would be worth a try. I'm working on my 2nd prototype now. I should have something on Friday to test.

Utinniii

Reaction score
You can also post the file on Thingaverse or other sites. There are a couple of files already there in you want a reference or a quick thing to modify.

Reaction score
So I thought we were getting a clocktower playset, but apparently it's just an Advent calendar with some characters and accessories. Still worth getting at this price point:

Reaction score
Looks like we'll at least get a couple of light poles and a cable to go across it? I'm guessing the piece of road is just cut out from the box?

Reaction score
OK, looks like one side of the box drops down and creates the clock tower kind of like a pop-up book. I assume the back of the box has the individual compartments for each day of the calendar. The accessories seem worth it to me for display. Especially the light poles and electrical cable. I also like the large speaker from the opening scene of the movie. Good stuff all around. (y)

Are all the items it comes with being displayed on the box somewhere? I was just thinking it would have been a perfect chance to include a Mr. Fusion accessory for the Delorean.

Or, maybe they can do a small figure set of future Marty and Doc and include Mr. Fusion within a set like that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This could actually be a really great backdrop for the DeLorean and my Playmobil Back to the Future display. Even if the display/cardboard is crap, all those figures are gonna make the set more than worth it.

Reaction score
...Are all the items it comes with being displayed on the box somewhere? I was just thinking it would have been a perfect chance to include a Mr. Fusion accessory...
If Lego Advents can compare, they always leave some surprises not shown on the box. Although LEGO's official images that are released to websites always show everything. Not sure if Playmobil will do the same. And advents always include 24 gifts so perhaps to fill out the compartments, one will just include the top part of say the streetlamp, and another the base of it, and so on. A cool bonus item would be Red the Drunk. I'm hoping George McFly is in there, since we already get Radiation suit Marty and Biff. Unless they are planning to do him with Lorraine in an Enchantment Under the Sea set. There really isnt any other set that could include him and make sense. Unless they do the cafe?