Playmates Toys - Family Guy

GNT

Reaction score
Playmates are doing pretty much the same as what they did with the Simpsons toyline now with the new Family Guy line...

Playmates Toys and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are teaming up once again, this time to launch a fresh new toy line for the animated hit series, FAMILY GUY. The fun starts this fall with the release of the FAMILY GUY CRAZY INTERACTIVE WORLD playset and figures, which uses real character voices and phrases from the series to give collectors and fans a completely unique new way to live out the adventures of Peter Griffon and his hilariously odd family of middle-class New Englanders.

Loose and packaged shots can be found here.

Anyone going to be collecting this line?

Reaction score
You bet! Love the Family Guy figures, just wish they had more articulation.

I hope this line lasts a while. It would be neat to have everyone made.

Reaction score
Hmmmm....These are.....Awesome! I could see alot of people getting into these. The detail looks to be a step up from the old Simpson Line. Playmates is going back to what works, This idea just makes sense.

GNT

Reaction score
A few more pictures can be seen here. The back of the living room playset reveals upcoming figures - Death, Chris, Meg and Tuxedo Brian.

GNT

Reaction score
Figers crossed it goes just as long as The Simpsons line did. Plenty of characters and outfits for them to release.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Figers crossed it goes just as long as The Simpsons line did. Plenty of characters and outfits for them to release.
Yeah, I just hope they don't kill the line with all of the different outfits. I hope we get almost all of the characters done before we see alternate costumes/outfits.

Reaction score
Joe Swanson, Assassin Stewie, Long John Peter, and Consuela are all confirmed on that back of the box shot.

Reaction score
Saw Wave 1 and living room playset at TRU today in California. I hadn't heard about these before. Somehow slipped my radar. I have the entire Simpson line and these look awesome!
Just saw the episode with the simpson parody opening the other day on TV too!
I am very tempted. I got the main Family of Mezco figures, but that was it. Playmates are smaller scale, more like simpsons. Gonna be hard to bite though when most of the Simpsons Figures I got were 4.99.
I didn't see how much the Family guy figs were.

Reaction score
Found these today at my local TRU and they're awesome!

Only picked up Peter because I had already spent a lot on other things, but I can't wait to pick up the rest of the wave.

They look very nicely done.

Reaction score
The old figures were on clearance at TRU and now they are back to full price. And no new figures yet. I might get these. I always regretted not getting the Simpsons line. I worked at TRU when that line was out and it didn't sell well at all. Some guy from Chicago came in one day and went nuts, saying those sell for HUGE money. He couldn't believe we had so much. He didn't buy any either. Most of it got clearanced out. I really wanted that Springfield set. Oh well. What were we talking about??

GNT

Reaction score
The simpsons line bombed here when it was out, the figures were way to expensive to buy - they were around us$16 each at the time, far more expensive then the Star Wars toy line. Had they dropped the electronics, the figures would've been cheaper and more people would've collected it.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
Does anyone know if Target and Walmart will be getting these?
So far, neither of them have and I expect they never will. To some degree, I think Target may consider the show too adult. Plus, these are a slower product, with figures being released less frequently than say SW or MU.

I did find the new figures at TRU over the weekend. If I didn't have enough to buy already, I might have picked-up the Lois with livingroom set.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling these will only be sold at TRU's.

I'm glad these are slow-moving. It makes the collecting experience better as a whole (at least for me). I can take my time getting these and not have to worry about them flying off the shelves.

GNT

Reaction score
I haven't ordered any just yet but hopefully soon, they haven't shown up at retail just yet.

GNT

Reaction score
Whoops it was meant to read "they haven't shown up at retail here just yet"

GNT

Reaction score
The line prob wont be available at every day stores, I'd expect the toy line to be available at hobby stores soon, I'd expect figures to be AU$19-$25 each (1 Aussie dollar = US1.05) so yes not cheap figures.

Reaction score
GNT said:
The line prob wont be available at every day stores, I'd expect the toy line to be available at hobby stores soon, I'd expect figures to be AU$19-$25 each (1 Aussie dollar = US1.05) so yes not cheap figures.
Ouch! Well, it's a good line at least.

I still need to pick up the Lois Environment set. I'll have to wait a little on the $30 price tag.

Reaction score
Had the Lois figure and environment in my hands yesterday, but passed on her. She looks really neat, but I'll get her eventually. How's everyone else doing with this line? All I need is the Lois and it'll be complete.

Reaction score
The line seems to have stalled out around here. I just see a couple of peg/shelfwarmers at half the TRUs and the Lois environment. As a fan of the show, it'd be nice to see more material or maybe a different type of figure design - maybe more poseable.

Reaction score
The line seems to have stalled out around here. I just see a couple of peg/shelfwarmers at half the TRUs and the Lois environment. As a fan of the show, it'd be nice to see more material or maybe a different type of figure design - maybe more poseable.
Yeah, I don't really see these around all that often anymore either. I'm just early awaiting wave 2.

Reaction score
It be nice to see Mezco do something more with the articulation. I'd really liked a revisit to the "Peter vs Chicken" set with options for better posing. Maybe NECA's SF stuff has spoiled me... :)