PLAYMATES: Star Trek

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one! STTMP changed everything... :(

I blame overzealous makeup artists who just wanted to slap forehead ridges and/or nose bumps on everyone.

I feel the same way about Romulans. As much as I loved TNG, that show pretty much ruined the Romulans. I wasn't the biggest fan of the JJ Abrams movies and I haven't watched Picard, but I do like how they seem to have reset the Romulans to just looking like Vulcans again (and without the weird obsession with giant shoulder pads).

Reaction score
I blame overzealous makeup artists who just wanted to slap forehead ridges and/or nose bumps on everyone.

I feel the same way about Romulans. As much as I loved TNG, that show pretty much ruined the Romulans. I wasn't the biggest fan of the JJ Abrams movies and I haven't watched Picard, but I do like how they seem to have reset the Romulans to just looking like Vulcans again (and without the weird obsession with giant shoulder pads).
TOS Romulan outfits were awesome. Love my Megos! I think they tried too hard to stylize Star Trek in generating more interest after Star Wars became a hit. Trek was it's own thing and still popular. My biggest complaint were those GOD AWFUL uniforms. They should have just updated them a bit. at least JJ got that right.

Reaction score
Nemesis already got the uniforms right. The romulans seen in the Abrams-Movie weren't military. They were just miners.

Reaction score
Personally I always preferred Aliens to look, well Alien and not like an Earthling. So I liked the changes. I didn't care for the explanation in Enterprise on how/why they were different. And I don't care for the new look in Discovery.

Reaction score
I still have a ton of these figures in storage, I collected them heavily as a kid, but find that I'm no longer attached to most of them. The Enterprise D starship is something I'm always keeping (and likely a Picard figure), but the others I'd probably let go of. I've been cleaning my storage room and found a huge box of carded figures, 2 bridge playsets, and everything in between - I just doubt its viable to sell online with the outrageous shipping prices. Sending a bridge playset will be $50 easily. I recall selling / trading some of it here over a decade ago, but I still have so much. Have any of you purged this line recently - is it worth the effort?

Reaction score
I'm currently in a downsizing phase and have been considering selling mine off, sadly they just aren't worth the hassle going by their prices on ebay.
I'd essentially be giving them away... If I'm gonna do that i'll just donate them, although I doubt ay kids today would know WTH they are! lol

Reaction score
I'm currently in a downsizing phase and have been considering selling mine off, sadly they just aren't worth the hassle going by their prices on ebay.
I'd essentially be giving them away... If I'm gonna do that i'll just donate them, although I doubt ay kids today would know WTH they are! lol

There are only a handful of figures really worth something: Seven of Nine in her purple dress, Data in a red command uniform, Chief O'Brien in red TOS uniform, Sisko in TNG uniform, and a couple others. If you have those you might consider selling them. The others... yeah, try to find a young kid who likes ST and make his day. :)

Reaction score
I always found it humorous when they asked Worf about it in the episode. I still have them trapped in their plastic prisons. I somewhat enjoyed hunting down the fuzzy tribble editions.

Reaction score
Just finished cleaning / restoring the Enterprise D & Voyager - both came out looking close to new. Enterprise was in nice condition, but Voyager had been sitting in a plastic tote for countless years, and had some "frosting" on the hull. It looked like orange rust, but cleaned off easily with soap & water. Anyone else experience this? The Enterprise D is my favorite, I'm going to have to track down the stand (somewhere in my vault hopefully!) and put it on display. Surprisingly the lights and sounds still work - I thought for sure I must've worn out the torpedo button as a kid!

Reaction score
Gosh I don't recall where any of mu ships are ATM, I think in storage for about 20 years. Man how time flies! lol

Reaction score
Just realized the original Enterprise D didn't come with a stand, I guess it was only the later versions. I repurposed one of those wire plate stands for display instead, lol. All of my Trek items have been in storage as well (as I no longer actively collect from that franchise), and as I'm slowly examining and either purging or cleaning, its been a real trip rediscovering how vast this line was.

Reaction score
I remember watching the first few episodes of TNG when it premired and not being impressed. A couple years later my father is telling me that he taped an episode and I had to see it. Of course it was best of both worlds part 1 with the Borg that I knew nothing about. Brain melted. I spent that summer going through all the vcr tapes searching for any episodes from the previous 3 seasons that hadn't been taped over.

Reaction score
The only 4.5" figures I'm missing are
redemption data
Video game sisko
Grey uniform crusher
Huntsville scotty & sulu
Transporter series chekov and sulu

Reaction score
So that means you have a whole lot of useless junk then? lol Kidding, kidding. ;)

The first season was new, second season too, it wasn't until the third season before hit really its stride.

Funny story: What totally p*ssed me off was that i missed the first few minutes that included old McCoy cameo, all my parents fault too as I told them I had to be home to see it! You know how parents are though all their stuff is more important. lol So for years I had to wait until reruns before I finally saw Data and McCoy interact but the damage was already done.