Pictures of the Collection - UPDATED ON 02.12.2020

Reaction score
I'm going to shamelessly bump this... I frequently need the pictures for reference and my forum preferences seem to keep hiding any threads without activity in the last 100 days, so I'm just going to post so that'll stop for a little while.

Reaction score
Very impressive collection - I love seeing figures all loose and on display, I think it gives you a truly unique perspective on how many figures have actually been made over the years.

My question - how in the world do you put new figures on display in there w/o constantly having the domino effect in place?

Reaction score
Thanks!

The answer to your question is VERY CAREFULLY.

When I set it up after the move to Chicago I left them spaced apart a little bit so there would be room to add new stuff without too much moving around - but that's more or less gone at this point and certain areas are jammed.

Sometime in the next 3 to 5 months, it's probably getting all packed up for a year... so whenever I put it back up I'll be able to do the same thing again.

Reaction score
Looking again at your very impressive collection :D, I was able to spot a couple of items missing in your collection :wtf::

You are missing the clear visor Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos (Crimson Empire):

You are missing the original Power Converter from the Bonus Pit Droids

You only have one of each of the Pit Droids, but they were 2 of each sitting and standing, Saga Legends Pit Droids 2-Pack:

The Tauntaun with the split-open belly, you only have Luke's Tauntaun, but it was Han's Tauntaun the one that should have the split-open belly without the broken horn:

Battle of Hoth multipack, has 2 different Tauntauns, Luke's and Han's:

And you are missing the Tauntaun from POTF2 Creature Pack: Tauntaun and Han Solo

I don't know if you still collect variations but it was fun looking at the pictures, it was like "Where is Waldo?" . Maybe in another year and a half I'll try again to find something missing in your collection :grin:.

Reaction score
Any new pics. Always love to see collections bigger than mine.
Not really... I generally update it about once a year... I could leave you with this though - I went back and got (almost) caught up on Lego... anything older than about 2009 is boxed up, but here's what I've been up to for the last few months:

Reaction score
Looking again at your very impressive collection :D, I was able to spot a couple of items missing in your collection :wtf::

Wow... thanks for doing that. It's been a long time since I've come up with anything new (old) to hunt down!

From the pictures, it also looks like an entirely inverted paint scheme - didn't know that existed.

I'll have to look into that one.

You only have one of each of the Pit Droids, but they were 2 of each sitting and standing, Saga Legends Pit Droids 2-Pack:
Sometimes if they looked the same at a glance, I'd part with duplicates - give them to nephews and so on... are you saying I'm fully missing specific versions? Or am I just missing the doubles?

The Tauntaun with the split-open belly, you only have Luke's Tauntaun, but it was Han's Tauntaun the one that should have the split-open belly without the broken horn:

Battle of Hoth multipack, has 2 different Tauntauns, Luke's and Han's:
Didn't realize the split belly came two ways... worth looking into.

And you are missing the Tauntaun from POTF2 Creature Pack: Tauntaun and Han Solo
Could have sworn I had that, I'm going to have to look through some boxes... I know the Han figure from that set is sitting on one of the ones that I do have.

I don't know if you still collect variations but it was fun looking at the pictures, it was like "Where is Waldo?" . Maybe in another year and a half I'll try again to find something missing in your collection :grin:.
I sort of do but I'm not obsessive about them. If there are cool paint variations or kit-bashes, I like to pick them up when I can if they're not really minor changes.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
I'll have to look into that one.

The Episode I Bonus Droids were released with a Storage Locker and Sitting was Obi-Wan, Darth Maul and Anakin, the Power Converter and Standing was Darth Sidious and Naboo Guard. You can tell apart the Episode I from the Saga Legends ones, other than that they almost have the same paint job:

Sometimes if they looked the same at a glance, I'd part with duplicates - give them to nephews and so on... are you saying I'm fully missing specific versions? Or am I just missing the doubles?

Thanks again.
For me it's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think you are missing the ones standing from Saga Legends and as you can see the colors varies from the ones standing from the ones sitting, and the Episode I Power Converter (the painted one, I can see you have 2 silver ones from Saga Legends). And yes, you only need one of each :p.

Reaction score
Unbelievable collection! Do you have a spreadsheet or database to keep track of everything?? I lose track of what I have and it is about .1% of what you have!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Unbelievable collection! Do you have a spreadsheet or database to keep track of everything?? I lose track of what I have and it is about .1% of what you have!
No database... or real tracking of any kind. I do keep a folder with photos of upcoming figures that I delete once I find the figure, but that's the extent of my lists. It's just a room with a bunch of shelves in it. :)

Reaction score
The Episode I Bonus Droids were released with a Storage Locker and Sitting was Obi-Wan, Darth Maul and Anakin, the Power Converter and Standing was Darth Sidious and Naboo Guard. You can tell apart the Episode I from the Saga Legends ones, other than that they almost have the same paint job:

For me it's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think you are missing the ones standing from Saga Legends and as you can see the colors varies from the ones standing from the ones sitting, and the Episode I Power Converter (the painted one, I can see you have 2 silver ones from Saga Legends). And yes, you only need one of each :p.

Sorry, I didn't respond to this. I do definitely appreciate your taking the time to put that post together. At some point in the next few weeks I'm hoping to clean that room up some, thin out some old army builder duplicates and take a look at this pit droid situation to decide if any of the ones I'm missing are big enough variations to warrant finding.

So, yeah, thanks again!

Reaction score
This weekend I'm beginning the intimidating task of taking everything down one shelf at a time, thinning it out a little bit, cleaning it, and putting it all back together.

In the meantime, I took this pictures last night...

Reaction score
Thinning your collection? I ... don't understand the meaning of this sentence. What means "thinning my collection"? It's a concept so foreign, even the dictionary cannot help me.

Reaction score
The plan is just some army builders... maybe a few older vehicles (like older AT-ST's), and POSSIBLY prequel Mini-Busts. I'm thinking about backing off a bit from those.

Reaction score
Hmmm... oddly enough, you're right. I don't see him either. I am 100% sure he's in there though, probably just fell down.

Reaction score
Two years to the day after the last update, there's all new photos in the first post! I spent a few weeks off and on taking everything apart, cleaning it, thinning out about 100 or so troops, and painting all of the risers that weren't black. Took forever.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I looked and looked, but could not find Waldo any where!

The collection is mpressive as always Zod. I'm even more impressed with your patience and cleaning skills.

Reaction score
Love the Super 7 Aliens Collection! I saw them at the San Diego Comic Con and thought they looked so cool!

Reaction score
Is your entire collection loose figures, except for the Ewok? PS. What an awesome collection!

Reaction score
Thanks!

I used to collect carded, but sometime around 2008 I decided to sell them all. I opened some to fill a few gaps in the loose set, and parted with the rest. Buying two of everything was one thing when they were $5.00 and I had plenty of space... but at $10 each and with it getting crowded, it was a no brainer. I think I traded an Ephant Mon for that Wicket about 8 or 9 years ago, so I hung onto it.

Reaction score
An awesome very comprehensive collection. I like the mix of figures and ships/vehicles. Carded figures are enviable for their rarity but I think the loose figure collections like this one make the best displays.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow that is a very impressive collection! Well done, I def can tell you have put some time into it and from the way it looks, it was time well spent

Reaction score
Thanks!

Here's some new additions:

And here's the pile of unopened Lego that will get built someday when I have a larger room. There's so many sets that are in bags inside of tupperware bins right now it's absurd...

Reaction score
What an impressive sight this is. The Super-Star Destroyer caused me to pause and say, "Whoa!"

Reaction score
Yep. Good eye. That's one of maybe three total customs that are in there... There a SOTE Lando head swap somewhere too.

Reaction score
Yep. Good eye. That's one of maybe three total customs that are in there... There a SOTE Lando head swap somewhere too.

I think I found the other one, that will be the Imperial Scanning Crew using the body of the POTF2 AT-ST Driver and the head of the POTJ Imperial Officer:

And the E.T. figure, is that from the 2002 Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?:

plasticfetish: Kraft Macaroni & E.T.

Reaction score
Ha... yep. The ET is from the Mac and Cheese mailaway.

The Scanning Crew Trooper... If I remember right, I didn't do that one, so I wouldn't have thought to mention it. I bought it from someone that way I think in a pile of extra troops.

Now that I'm thinking about it, there's also an R5-D4 that's the first POTF2 one where I cut those generic guns off of it and tried to scrape off all the sandy effect in the paint. It's not really visible in the photo, but it's in there.

Reaction score
Your Space Lego display is absolutely precious - I remember how much I adored the one set I got. You've got quite a diorama of a space base, there. It's completely delightful to see.

In the latest photos, is that the murderer from Scream in the first image on the right? What scale is that?