Pictures from the Denny / Flarida sale

Reaction score
I have finally caught up on my sleep from the weekend, and thought these pictures might show the fun I had at the sale
. It was great to finally meet a lot of fellow collectors who I previously only knew from emails and telephone calls. It was a fantastic, but very quick weekend.

Here are some pictures from the hotel room sale we had. Friday was pretty much a complete blur for me, so if you were at the room sale, please post and let us know what you were able to get in the sale. I'd love to see what everyone ended up with!

http://www.kennertoys.com/stuff/c2/

Reaction score
It breaks my proof card loving heart to see

a) Such a high concentration of prototype collectors jammed into a tiny hallway - does this consititue some kind of record?

b) that I missed out on this.

Would have been worth the trip if only for the door guys and the jostling between people at the limelight booth.

Ahh well, next time...

Ben.

Reaction score
I was told to post this so people could yell at me :^)

-John

Ty

Reaction score
Anyone snap a pic of the FS sale? I'm so eager to see just one darn pic of all those FS figs (sorry haters of the modern line
)

Looks like there was a ton to be had! Good going... I still want to see and/or hear about everyone's hauls for the weekend!

Here here!

Reaction score
i got:

20bk snag proof
2 different ESB snag proofs
jabba box flat
esb jawa proof
esb boosk proof
esb raider proof
esb chewie proof

and finally........the "danger at cantina" film reel i've been looking for

i'm dying to know what's left. so much excitment....i forgot to take a look at everything available!

Reaction score
Originally posted by wooten:
I was told to post this so people could yell at me :^)

-John
<font size="2" face="arial">I'd like to be the first to complain about Wooten's carpet.

Reaction score
I wish I had been part of those Skiff box flats!

[ 05-08-2002, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Jason Coulston ]

Reaction score
Actually, the big question is...is there anything left?

Ed

Reaction score
Great sale Dan. It was awfully cool to see all those proof cards and box flats in one place. Not to mention all of the other neat proto stuff there, too. And the prices were unbeatable! I got some great Empire proof cards and a Star Wars Collector Series Vader Tie Fighter box flat to go with my original catalog photo art. I also really enjoyed putting faces with some of the folks I've talked to and/or dealt with in the past. I wish I could have met and talked to more of you, but there was so much to see and do. And it just flew by. Maybe next time.

I do want to give a big thanks to a couple guys, though. I want to thank Bob Martinazzi for hooking me up with a Jorg Sacul figure for ten bucks Friday night when he found out how long I waited in line and didn't get one. That was a first-class gesture and I really appreciate it (sorry Dan, I really didn't know it was yours, I've got an extra one now if you need one!) Maybe someday I can return the favor, Bob. And I would also like to say thanks to Bill Cable. I took my little boy, Luke (go figure-my wife picked the name really!) to C2 with me. He's almost 7 and he's really starting to feel the magic that we all felt the first time we saw the movies and toys. Luke had a great time at the show Friday, but after a LONG day of LONG lines (including the one to get into the proof card sale!) he was getting very tired and impatient. So when I finally got into the room and got my turn to look at the proof cards and flats, Bill helped him pick out a couple of neat loose figures from the 3$ box which I thought was very cool. Thanks Bill for making my little boy feel like he was part of the action, too. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

Anyway, sorry for rambling -- but I wanted to share these things because IMO they make collecting even more enjoyable. Thanks again guys, and thanks to Dan for the sale and sharing the great pics!

Tracey

Reaction score
I dig the alternate POTF Battle Wagon box! You picked up a bunch brother. Here are three proofs I picked up in addition to the Bradley watch presentation piece:

Reaction score
I hope everyone that stopped by was able to add something nice to their collection. It looks like they were!

I want to apologize for the long wait outside the room, but that was really the only way to keep it organized. Thanks for being patient Friday and Saturday.

Reaction score
I've seen alot of box flats sold at C2, what exactly are these. Are they proofs of any kind, or just production items that were never folded/assembled? I'm guessing most people frame these - or am I wrong here? They don't do much for me, but are certainly interesting and unique items.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darthbryan:
I've seen alot of box flats sold at C2, what exactly are these. Are they proofs of any kind, or just production items that were never folded/assembled? I'm guessing most people frame these - or am I wrong here? They don't do much for me, but are certainly interesting and unique items.
<font size="2" face="arial">Most are just production boxes. Some have suttle differences but for the most part they are just unused boxes. Pretty cool though to land a MINT unused, unfolded, and sometimes unpunched box.

I think the true gems of the w/e were the Planetary Maps, C1 posters, and bottles of Tunisian sand Chris G. was trying to sell ALL weekend. Boy did you all miss the boat on those pieces.

John

Reaction score
Nice pics, Dan. Thanks for posting those. Here's what I picked up at the sale:

Matt

[ 05-09-2002, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Matthew C. Brand ]

G

I picked up a Empire Chewy proof, and a DV Tie Fighter box flat. I'm still kicking myself in the *** at some of the stuff I passed on. A lot of good stuff.

Reaction score
I picked these up when the weekend was done-

I was checking the Klaatu out and it turns out that particular 65B back has a totally different background photo. Guess ya learn something new everyday...

Reaction score
Flarida,do you have any proofs left??
Looks like you sold most of them.

I also want some proofs

Tell me if you have any left...plz

Did you have any bounty hunter proofs.
In that case im going to kill myself

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigRed:
I picked these up when the weekend was done-.
<font size="2" face="arial">Those are some nice pieces Steve - the Emperor offer ROTJ's and offerless 48's are something I would have jumped on in a second. Those offerless ewoks are neat in their own right too.

Nice gets

Reaction score
I picked these up when the weekend was done...

You got some great proofs there! That ROTJ Han Trenchcoat is a nice prize! So are the Leia Poncho and Obi-Wan Kenobi!

[ 05-09-2002, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Chris Maybury ]

Reaction score
I've gotten a ton of emails asking what is left. I'm going to back away on the sales right now until I catch up on some other things. Keep checking the vintage classifieds here on the boards for them though. I'll post a sale list when I get a chance.

G

Awesome pictures Dan! Man I'm really sorry I missed it, looks like a lot of great stuff was up for grabs.

Rob

Reaction score
How many proofs do they make of each card? And how did you get so many?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob:
How many proofs do they make of each card? And how did you get so many?
<font size="2" face="arial">There aren't any hard numbers available on how many of each card they would print. Kenner would have vendors print the cards up at various stages along the way to ensure that everything was correct on them. They would then use some as packaging samples or whatever else they needed them for. Some of the cards are one of a kind, and there are multiples of others.

The cards were acquired a while ago from an ex-Kenner employee.