Picard

Reaction score
While on the face of it we may seem to be doing very good, but I believe it's due to more people just burying themselves in work or social media and not looking out at what's really going on around the world. There are still a lot of bad things going on, sad things too.

My view on TV shows is about escape from reality and showing the happy place. Rather than showing exactly what's going on. If we're forced to watch this kind of stuff on TV/Movies as well as live with it, wouldn't it add more to an already miserable feeling?

I mean there are already plenty of show dealing with reality etc.

Reaction score
coming down to the final episode, people are speculating on...
  Spoiler:  
...what will be the final form that the 'golem' android will take -- it's basically a blank template waiting for a consciousness to be uploaded into it. Agnes has agreed to upload the mind of the Evil Mad Scientist (Soong). but it seems like the story is actually setting this up to be picard. he's been taken captive by the synthetics, so Agnes will have plenty of access to picard, (plenty of opportunity to scan picard's mind), and then transfer HIS essence into the android.

personally, I'd like to see this 'golem' become Data Himself. he is, quite literally, the father-of-all-androids (since they were all created from "cloning" Data's positrons); he would bring peace to the rift between "synthetics vs. organics". this would resurrect the character moving forward, and bring Data back from "death" (like Kirk did for Spock). I think this would be a better ending that simply, making picard immortal by giving him an android body. and who knows? maybe Data can figure out a cure for picard's brain abnormality.

thoughts?

Reaction score
coming down to the final episode, people are speculating on...
  Spoiler:  
...what will be the final form that the 'golem' android will take -- it's basically a blank template waiting for a consciousness to be uploaded into it. Agnes has agreed to upload the mind of the Evil Mad Scientist (Soong). but it seems like the story is actually setting this up to be picard. he's been taken captive by the synthetics, so Agnes will have plenty of access to picard, (plenty of opportunity to scan picard's mind), and then transfer HIS essence into the android.

personally, I'd like to see this 'golem' become Data Himself. he is, quite literally, the father-of-all-androids (since they were all created from "cloning" Data's positrons); he would bring peace to the rift between "synthetics vs. organics". this would resurrect the character moving forward, and bring Data back from "death" (like Kirk did for Spock). I think this would be a better ending that simply, making picard immortal by giving him an android body. and who knows? maybe Data can figure out a cure for picard's brain abnormality.

thoughts?
Data.

Reaction score
Well, this season has finally come to a close, thoughts?
I truly think that I haven't been this excited and happy with a Trek outing for a very long time, probably since First Contact. Even with a few nitpicks it Picard was well done overall.

As per the "Spoiler" above, i agree who it should have been and was also hoping. But was totally expecting it to be you know who simply to prolong the show. lol
Hence when the time came to finally end that character, again, it was a very sad moment. Though it does finally give him what he's wanted all his life, I guess. I mean do you have to die twice to be considered Human?

While I totally expected a certain character that lives on Nepenthe to return, I was a bit disappointed that no one else showed up. I realize it's still possible for them, to pop up in a future season episode. I think them coming in a time of need is more fitting than just having a reminisce type episode.

Reaction score
I have also seen the first 2 episodes and will see the rest soon, I hope there is a flashback to when the whole Romulan-Synthetic-Mars thing occurred and to see exactly what Picards crime was, according to Starfleet. I wonder what Q is doing at this time?