Picard

Reaction score
Anyone see the teaser, thoughts?

I'm definitely intrigued, and curious how it unfolds/plot. It's been too long since "All Good Things", so not quite sure of the exact particulars. Although not a fan of yet another show being on a paid streaming service. If this is indeed the new future of TV, I guess I'll be missing out on a lot of content going forward.

If it's good enough, I'll probably just buy the Blu-Ray.

Reaction score
I’m intrigued - and tremendously excited about the fact there will be new starships appearing!

Cos I love me some starships! ;)

Reaction score
Considering how dissapointing Discovery was, I'm not especially excited to be honest. :/

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Picard series mainly because it's moving the story of Star Trek forward for the first time in a long time. For the last nearly 20 years, Star Trek has been prequels and reboots. I'm ready for something new.

Reaction score
I heard that the timeline switch from JJ's Star Trek will play into this show. So, does that mean this Picard is from that timeline? He would probably have had a very different career.

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the fact that it says (15 years ago you commanded the largest rescue operation in Starfleet history, and then the unimaginable happened.) But I have a feeling it might be a bit boring since he apparently is out of Starfleet at the time the show takes place.

Reaction score
Picard is also referred to as "admiral," which I found interesting. Guess he didn't take Kirk's advice in Generations.

Reaction score
I read a little deeper into it, and what they were actually saying is that the event that threw Spock and the Romulan ship back in time, which also destroyed Romulus, plays a key role in the events. It's still the prime timeline.

Reaction score
Thank the Maker, I'm Abrams versed out already. I agree with Lister about finally getting a show that's moving forward.

I'm definitely excited to see what kind of new ships are flying around, and also hoping for some cameos like Maybe a Captain Paris or possibly his Daughter. etc.

Reaction score
I actually enjoy the reboot movies quite a bit. I'm just ready for new stories set in a new era. One of the coolest things about TNG was that it featured new characters and it jumped ahead like 70 years from the movie era that was "current" at the time. It opened up a ton of dramatic possibilities and didn't have the narrative baggage that later prequel shows like Enterprise and Discovery would have. The reboot movies have more freedom, but it's still stories about characters we've seen a million times. Again I like those movies (not so much Enterprise and Discovery) but I just think it's way past time to do what TNG did over 30 years ago.

Reaction score
Is it sad that I am only now remembering that Picard died? Guess my ST give a sh!ST is spent.

Reaction score
Yeah, wrong character. It was Data who kind of died.

I also have hopes that Spiner will appear as B4, and answers that question. Though I guess not, since this is about Picard selling wine.

GNT

Reaction score
I never really watched much of TNG but have seen bits and pieces and some of the movies over the years. I'm kind of excited about this one and will give it a go.

Reaction score
New trailer up, looks even more interesting! Seems that 7 of 9 is also going to appear as well as Data.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Looks amazing- not sure what I'll do since I don't want yet another streaming service.

Reaction score
spoiler speculation!!!

It seems like the plot is Picard's lovechild with the Borg Queen pops in to reveal her existence and Picard is worried that Starfleet will want her destroyed. She will know enough about cybernetics and positrons to reboot Data's memory into a new body.
The borg are back and there's gonna be trouble, hey now, the borg are back!