Phoenix Board # 225: HasLab TVC Cantina!

Thanks to GSR for posting up about the Dok Ondar Mystery collectibles because when I was searching to find out information I came upon this picture of Dok Ondar. I really liked the table he was standing at and after looking at it for a few minutes realized I could make it with my laser cutter. The only part that isn't laser cut is the post which is made of a 1 1/4" PVC pipe but down to size.

View attachment 496535

Painting it actually took more time and effort than designing, cutting it out and assembling.

View attachment 496530

View attachment 496531

View attachment 496532
Looks really cool nice work he looks great next to it.

Blue Milk Review Time:

First off, I'm a sucker for these unique food/drink packaging. Reminds me of all the wonderful Star Wars food/drink crossovers. While it's simply a half-gallon of milk with a Star Wars sticker, I think it looks great.

20240606_125900.jpg

On the sticker there's a barcode that leads to this website:

As for the product itself, the blue hue is well done. A very close resemblance to the Galaxy's Edge version and what I can tell in the scene of the Lars homestead kitchen.

The liquid is a creamy and thicker beverage than simply a standard milk with blue coloring. While it isn't as thick as the Galaxy's Edge version, it is close. The texture is smooth and is quite pleasant to drink.

20240606_150315.jpg

As for taste, its low fat milk with vanilla flavoring added. This is nowhere close to the taste of the Galaxy's Edge version. I very much love the park's version. (Way better than the green milk.) Initial taste is strong with the vanilla but fades to a mild flavor which I think makes it tastier. I'm not a huge fan of vanilla being added to beverages. The creamy texture is actually really good. Kinda on the order of melted blue ice cream.

Overall I give it a thumbs up despite its flavoring shortcomings. I am happy to have tried it. Clearly a novelty item, but that's good enough for me. A rating of 7/10.

My 3D print update...

I added a 3 3/4" scale Gamorrean Guard to the picture to give an idea about size. My print is at 54%. It sill has a long ways to go.

1717859836254.png

I can completely see what it is in this bottom picture, but that may not be true if I didn't already know what it is.

1717859815817.png

My 3D print update...

I added a 3 3/4" scale Gamorrean Guard to the picture to give an idea about size. My print is at 54%. It sill has a long ways to go.

View attachment 496670

I can completely see what it is in this bottom picture, but that may not be true if I didn't already know what it is.

View attachment 496669
Could this be the inside of C-3PO’s head when Babu Frik is working on him?

Could this be the inside of C-3PO’s head when Babu Frik is working on him?

No, but I did start to print a smaller version of 3PO's head a while back, but it didn't go well. Going to give it another shot, but that one was going to take like a whole two days and I didn't have the patience for it. This thing is on it's 7th day of printing. Actually, I want to do a life-size version of 3P0's head. I'd love to do his whole upper torso like in ESB when Chewie was carrying him around on his back.

I have finally watched the Acolyte. I'm enjoying it so far. Feel free to discuss if everyone is caught up.

I am leaning towards "no" on the cantina. Looks nice but it doesn't have enough flash for me. I wish more characters were automatic inclusions and not tiers.

I am debating other purchases at this time. The new Everest Autographs is offering a signing with Samuel Jackson that I would love to add to my collection. It's $400+ as well. Plus, I will be going to Disneyland/Anaheim in August for the D23 convention. Need money.

No, but I did start to print a smaller version of 3PO's head a while back, but it didn't go well. Going to give it another shot, but that one was going to take like a whole two days and I didn't have the patience for it. This thing is on it's 7th day of printing. Actually, I want to do a life-size version of 3P0's head. I'd love to do his whole upper torso like in ESB when Chewie was carrying him around on his back.
Oh, poodoo.

Ground Trooper got it.

I've been wanting this helmet for a very long time and found a company (3D Print Armory) on Etsy that painstakingly goes through and designs many Star Wars helmets including Boushh. The STL files cost me $16. Pretty minor and they have great reviews on all their helmets. So far I have had no issues with it. If it works out there are may others I am interested in.

1717874629618.png

The thing is I would still jump on ordering one if Hasbro or Denuo Novo were to offer this helmet even after creating my own.

The thing that probably made it very confusing for everyone is that in order to print areas that have nothing underneath them you must use supports. There are two types of supports with 3D printing: Normal (creates a mesh structure under all overhanging pieces) and Tree (which creates tube-like structures that branch out to support the pieces in key areas). I used tree, which is what all those things that look like tubes are. They're nice to use when you can because they use less filament when printing and also are much easier to detach when it's done.

Last edited:
Congrats GT!

Too funny that was going to be my next guess when I got home I saw the Gam Guard pic this morning and didn't think much of it and was in a hurry and then in Target this afternoon I saw a lego helmet of this and it popped in my mind as a very good possibility.

I thought the Cantina would hit 4,000 by last night. Now I don't think it will hit 4,000 by the end of tonight. I do see this happening and I wouldn't be surprise if we get a sudden surge and it hits all the tiers. I just hate this waiting game.

Why do you wait? They don't charge until the last day and you can back out before that. In this case I can see waiting if you're not sure which one to get yet.
I wasn't really interested in the Ghost but decided to get it in the last hours. I am interested in the Cantina, but not sure if I want the Deluxe. I'll wait a bit to decide and then make my choice.

So what do you think a carded set of the Tonnika Sisters will go for when this is over? I'm a little surprised they're not already on eBay, but I guess since it hasn't been confirmed it's coming out that they could be in some sort of eBay violation if they did.

Jabba's Sail Barge is in the price range of $2800 - $3000 plus shipping.

Every time I check the Cantina page it goes up by a few. Still not sure it's going to hit half way before the end of the weekend. This really surprises me. I wonder if Hasbro created an issue offering up two different versions.

My Boushh helmet is 2/3 of the way printed. I did have to swap out the roll of filament this morning because it was getting dangerously low, but all went without a hitch. I've started printing some of the other greeblies that go with it on the other 3D printer.

My Boushh helmet is 2/3 of the way printed. I did have to swap out the roll of filament this morning because it was getting dangerously low, but all went without a hitch. I've started printing some of the other greeblies that go with it on the other 3D printer.
So are all the "tubes" or cylinders in the middle just for support or do they have another purpose?

Here are the choices to vote on for this year's GG/DST PGM gift:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Aliens took it home in Round 1, now it's time to make the final decision of who will become the 2024-2025 Member Choice Mini Bust! We've heard your frustrations, so in this round, we're switching it up and giving current members a second chance at a few past fan-favorite Alien concept sketches. Voting begins today, June 10th, 2024, and closes on Monday, June 17th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The choice is in your hands, select your fan favorite now!

For assistance or questions about your membership, please reach out to our Customer Service Department at webcustomerservice@diamondselecttoys.com.
THE CHOICES:

Here are the choices to vote on for this year's GG/DST PGM gift:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Aliens took it home in Round 1, now it's time to make the final decision of who will become the 2024-2025 Member Choice Mini Bust! We've heard your frustrations, so in this round, we're switching it up and giving current members a second chance at a few past fan-favorite Alien concept sketches. Voting begins today, June 10th, 2024, and closes on Monday, June 17th, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The choice is in your hands, select your fan favorite now!

For assistance or questions about your membership, please reach out to our Customer Service Department at webcustomerservice@diamondselecttoys.com.
THE CHOICES:

Voted for Doc E.

Looks like were getting some Acolyte merchandise coming our way. As well as Holocomm and Ahsoka figures.

TVC Osha Aniseya-(available 6/12 possibly)

1718139512917.png

BS Osha Aniseya-(available 6/12 10amPT-all retailers)

1718139641261.png

Retro Series The Acolyte 6-pack Set

1718139807378.png

BS Shin Hati w/Robe (Arcana)-(available 7/5 6am PT exclusively at Target, part of the
Summer Geek Out Event)

press6-11-24-tbs6-1.jpg

Holocomm Ezra Bridger-(available 6/12 10am PT at Pulse & Fan Channels)

press6-11-24tbs6-holo-1.jpg

Holocomm Osha Aniseya-(available 6/12 10am PT on Pulse & later on DisneyStore)

press6-11-24tbs6-holo-17.jpg

Holocomm Mae (Assasin)-(available 7/25 7am PT exclusively at Walmart, part of their July Collector Con)

press6-11-24tbs6-holo-9.jpg

Boushh helmet update... It got to 88% complete and started having trouble printing the muzzle. It's like the tree supports didn't form correctly and it's not able to build that area the way it's supposed. I'm trying to let it go as everything else it still looking really good and if it's just this area that doesn't print well I should be able to repair it myself or possibly be able to print just that portion. Not sure. It's all still pretty new to me.

I can't believe it got this far and then started having issues.

Back