Phoenix Board # 214: Andor says the Empire is so fat and satisfied. Target shipping exclusives.

Reaction score
So, I finished the Light & Magic series. I am very pleased with the docu-series. I greatly enjoyed that the majority of the series focused on those beginning pioneers. Creating innovation out of thin air by trial and fire says more about their success than one may see, as an outsider. To see the waves of influential ILM leaders coming thru those doors as the years passed only explains how a desirable company ILM was/is to work for. I'm sure its constant hard work but rewarding to be among the few whom call ILM home.

(One of my good friend's younger brother works for ILM now. Graduated from the Pixar school to land at ILM. All because of Star Wars. I only met him once at my friend's wedding but didn't have much time to talk to him.)

I felt so bad for Phil Tippett when he finally saw what digital effects could do. His whole world changed in a blink.

Also thru episode 4 (ROTJ) of the Icons Unearthed: Star Wars series. I do enjoy the old clips they show and the interviews old/new have merit. There's no question Marcia Lucas had a big hand in the OT, but this series depicts that she was in almost all the major moments. Its possible, if only we had a time machine. This series does seem to focus on all the conflicts/headaches throughout the whole process. I would like to see more success stories to balance it out. Its a different take on the SW universe with the story we know.

I love that Michael Pennington (Moff Jerjerrod) is the narrator. Met and got his autograph at Star Wars Celebration Chicago.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I felt so bad for Phil Tippett when he finally saw what digital effects could do. His whole world changed in a blink.

Not to mention finding out that he's bipolar and, at least at one point, suicidal. He probably has had one of the greatest careers ever and he looks so miserable. I just look at him and feel bad. I do love that they kept him on during Jurassic Park and found a place for him. Creating those dinosaur models to record the data from was the perfect job for him and his team. He definitely knew how things moved in a realistic way.

Also thru episode 4 (ROTJ) of the Icons Unearthed: Star Wars series. I do enjoy the old clips they show and the interviews old/new have merit. There's no question Marcia Lucas had a big hand in the OT, but this series depicts that she was in almost all the major moments. Its possible, if only we had a time machine. This series does seem to focus on all the conflicts/headaches throughout the whole process. I would like to see more success stories to balance it out. Its a different take on the SW universe with the story we know.

It makes me wonder how different the Prequels may have been had she still been involved. It sounds like she was his sanity check on story plots and willing to tell him when she thought an idea was bad. I don't think any of the people involved during the prequels were willing to do that. They were all "Yes Men". Everyone just did whatever George wanted even when they knew they shouldn't.

We've seen edits of The Phantom Menace that improved the story. Marcia may have done the same sort of thing. Marcia may have said "George, this idea about midichlorians doesn't make sense. You should remove it."

Reaction score
Micro Galaxy hips available on Walmart.com

I kind of want to see these before picking them up. They seem a bit pricy for the size. I guess I could order them with free shipping and return them if I decide against them.

1659713719308.png 1659713741985.png

Reaction score
Apparently this code is not working at the moment, but they are working to fix it.

Entertainment Earth is giving FREE shipping on orders over $39 and 10% off with code: JTASAVE10

Posted at JTA...

Update: There is an issue with the code not working properly upon checkout. We are working with Entertainment Earth to get this fixed. We will update this post when it is resolved. In the meantime, please use this link to enjoy the savings: ee.toys/JTASAVE10

Reaction score
Is there a reason why there are so many Lando and no other figure in the wild?

I was at Stapley WM the other day, and all they had were TVC TESB Landos, BS ROTJ General Landos and BS Archive skiff guard Landos. No other character in either scale.

Reaction score
I sent Hasbro Pulse an email on Tuesday about my MIA BS Cobb Vanth and hadn't heard back, so I just called. The person I talked to is sending me out a new one. Not sure what happened nor why I never received a response to my email.

Reaction score
I sent Hasbro Pulse an email on Tuesday about my MIA BS Cobb Vanth and hadn't heard back, so I just called. The person I talked to is sending me out a new one. Not sure what happened nor why I never received a response to my email.
That happened to me several months ago; no response to my emails but the issue was resolved right away when I was able to speak with someone on the phone.

Reaction score
Picked up TVC Koska, TBS 6 Antoc and Saw today at Red Mountain Target. 5 Koska's and 3 Antoc's on the pegs when I left; No Saw's.

There were no Galen's on the pegs or Migs. Plenty of Teeka and a mumber of the new Micro Galaxy vehicles. I didn't see the Slave 1 or Imperial Troop Transport.

Reaction score
I received both VC Stormtrooper Commanders from Entertainment Earth. One is perfect, the other has a wrinkle in the card. Both getting opened. Not sure why, but I love this design. I think any white armor with a good contrasting design just looks sharp.

Reaction score
Red mountain, I found a bunch of Koska,1 opener Migs, Reva was not in system, but I picked up aotc Anakin and an archive death trooper. Left Anton, another death trooper, c-3po and a ton of Jawas

Reaction score
Got shipping notice from Entertainment Earth for the BS Cobb Vanth Deluxe figure.

I honestly couldn't remember where I had him preordered, shows you the memory problems caused by the preorder/supply chain problems.

Reaction score
I received both VC Stormtrooper Commanders from Entertainment Earth. One is perfect, the other has a wrinkle in the card. Both getting opened. Not sure why, but I love this design. I think any white armor with a good contrasting design just looks sharp.

My pre-order for this had an issue with an expired credit card on file. I fixed it, but a week went by before I saw your post reminding me that I hadn't seen any movement on it. I inquired and got a shipping notice pretty quickly on Friday.

Reaction score
I'm gonna need this:

droid factory  OWK A.jpg

droid factory  OWK C.jpg

droid factory  OWK E.jpg

No word yet on Shop Disney US availability.

Reaction score
That Probe Droid is smaller than previous Probe Droids, right?

Possibly. I think the Viper probe droids are smaller. This one is also from Disney, not Hasbro like the previous 3.75" ones.

Reaction score
I received shipping notice from EE for my TVC Darth Vader (Dark Times) figure.

Reaction score
So Hot Toys has announced a new exclusive variant Stormtrooper...Chrome. I kinda dig it, just to pair with his cousin from 2016...Gold Chrome.

Edit: Apparently a Copper Chrome version exists too from the past. I somehow missed that one.

New version:

Chrome Troop.jpg

2016 version:

Gold Troop.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received two emails from my visa for Entertainment Earth. One for $249.99 and one for $16.99, which look to be the exact amounts of the Leia lightsaber and the VC Gaming Greats Heavy Assault Trooper. Both of which now have a status of processing, so I am guessing these are shipping soon.

The lightsaber is for Desiree.

Reaction score
I picked up the Micro Galaxy Squadron Slave 1 and the Outland TIE fighter at Walmart today. Apparently, the Outland TIE fighter is a chase (1 of 15,000) but there were 3 on the shelf. I didn't want to risk not seeing it again, so I grabbed one.

Reaction score
I have another 16.99 charge from EE. According to my order history, the TVC Gaming Greats heavy assault stormtrooper figure is also processing. I haven’t received any notifications yet.

Reaction score
Looking forward to this...

With the Andor series launching next month, we are close to seeing new official product reveals for Black Series and Vintage Collection. I received word today that we can expect at exclusive Shoretrooper for the Black Series. It has a new deco that I don’t believe we’ve seen before and has a new weapon. No word yet as to which retailer this will land but I should be able to figure that out in the next few days.

Reaction score
New Andor trailer

A lot of the same footage as the last one, but rearranged. Some new stuff.

Also, I'm really confused about the date this releases... If you google "Andor release date" or check IMDB, September 21st is shown, but the trailers show August 31st. Which is it?

1660159208023.png

Even the link I posted above to StarWars.com shows "Experience the three-episode premiere September 21."

Someone screwed up!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apparently, Amazon likes to cram carded figures into boxes that are just a bit too small for them. Got my retro GI and fifth brother from Amazon. GI looks better than I expected from the images.

Reaction score
What is Power of the Galaxy and why is this Leia special?

View attachment 431888
Amazon and Funko have been doing a special series called Power of the Galaxy, which consists of SW female characters in new poses. Other characters in the line so far have Jyn Erso, Padme Amidala and Sabine Wren.

I think it's just a way to get different poses/appearances of the characters.

Reaction score
Haven't been able to post a pic yet, but finally got my Lupita Nyong'o signed photo from Official Pix's private signing.

I felt that she would be a hard to get signature, since I don't think she does conventions. While the signing had been delayed once, maybe twice, I'm thrilled to add a Maz Kanata photo to the collection.

20220808_152526.jpg