Phoenix Board # 206: PulseCon, BS Rancor and a Razor Crest Update?

Reaction score
Time for a new thread kids!

Walmart shipped 1 of my 5 TVC Tusken Raiders. No word on the other figures yet (Luke, DS droid)

Reaction score
Was in the area of the AZ Mills Mall, so I decided to stop into the Disney Store one last time. Picked up a few random things, but did grab 1 of the 3 remaining color changing droid sets. The Disney cast-members (employees) were definitely down in the dumps. Feel bad for them. Disney shouldn't be vacating the physical store retail world.

Reaction score
I received shipping notice from Walmart for the VC Tusken Raider, Death Star Droid and Endor Luke. They're supposed to arrive on Friday.

I got separate notices for the Tusken and DSD. Both are expected Friday.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Was in the area of the AZ Mills Mall, so I decided to stop into the Disney Store one last time. Picked up a few random things, but did grab 1 of the 3 remaining color changing droid sets. The Disney cast-members (employees) were definitely down in the dumps. Feel bad for them. Disney shouldn't be vacating the physical store retail world.

Yeah. This is not a fun time we're living in. The pandemic has really taken its toll on a lot of businesses. I worry Disneyland/Disney World will shut down before I ever make it to Galaxy's Edge and I don't want to go until masks and social distancing are not required.

Reaction score
I received shipping notice from Walmart for the VC Tusken Raider, Death Star Droid and Endor Luke. They're supposed to arrive on Friday.

Well the three figures scheduled for Friday just arrived. One was in a plastic mailer. Two were in the a single box with padding. All were bent and creased.

So are these new figures? Luke might be new, but the other two look familiar. Unfortunately I can't get to most of my figures to compare right now.

Reaction score
All my TVC figures shipped from Walmart. 5 Tuskens, 1 Luke, and 1 Death Star Droid. All shipped separately mostly from Texas and a couple from Georgia via FedEx and are expected to be here on Friday. I am expecting the worst condition on the cards and bubbles but as long as the figures are fine then I am OK.

Reaction score
Well the three figures scheduled for Friday just arrived. One was in a plastic mailer. Two were in the a single box with padding. All were bent and creased.

So are these new figures? Luke might be new, but the other two look familiar. Unfortunately I can't get to most of my figures to compare right now.
The DS droid is a repack of the previous one in the TVC 3 pack and the BAD droid from the Legacy Collection. The Tuskens are kitbashed (new arms with elbows, new head and new robes fabric. Luke is also a kitbashed one I think with no removable helmet, so new head.

Reaction score
Are they closing all of them?

Reaction score
I received my Death Star Droid and Endor Luke today. I had forgotten all about these. I must have ordered them hastily when I was at work. I have a bunch of the VC Tusken Raiders that came in a clamshell way back. That must be why I didn't order any. I wonder if the new one is that much better. Anyone have the link for the Tusken Raider, I can't find it.

Reaction score
I received my Death Star Droid and Endor Luke today. I had forgotten all about these. I must have ordered them hastily when I was at work. I have a bunch of the VC Tusken Raiders that came in a clamshell way back. That must be why I didn't order any. I wonder if the new one is that much better. Anyone have the link for the Tusken Raider, I can't find it.
See for yourself 😀

Reaction score
Walmart link:

Reaction score
Thanks, OOS now. I do like the new elbows. I'm not sure if I like the head any better but it is nice to have a little variation . The plastic on the weapons is a downgrade though.

I agree with the added variation. I have to say I think the original head had a crisper look to the paint. I need to look at mine closer. He may have a poor copy though. Still not a fan of soft goods at this size. I'll keep the one I received.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Ross had BS6 Jar Jars for $9.99. I think Target had them less than that a few months back. I have to wonder if those were shipped from Germann & Gilbert Target back to Hasbro and then shipped back to the Ross in the same shopping center.

Reaction score
The VC Endor Luke has hair molded under the helmet. It's not painted and there's a huge gash in his head. A little Dremeling, sculpting and painting and you could have an Endor Luke with removable helmet.

1630682037113.png

Reaction score
Target is doing a Collector's Spot for fall...

1630687863290.png

The funny thing is the Star Wars item lands on my birthday. Hopefully it's cool and I will be able to get one.

I would love the Batman figure if it were all black. I may have considered getting one and repainting it, but I didn't find out about this until after it all ready went up for pre-order and sold out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Slave I- Not sure if Slave II is still collecting LOTR items, but I just came across this Scratch and Dent sale on BUDK. Check out some of the comments. At $99 you're taking a bit of a risk, but you could end up with one awesome collectible that cost a whole lot more.
Thanks for the info they have some pretty good reviews on that stuff didn't see it was available now but I signed up for the email to let me know. We don't collect as much Lord of the Rings as we used to but if we see something cool here and there, really like Gandalf's white staff that they have.

Reaction score
Picked up a couple extra Hot Topic exclusive General Grievous pops today for local board members that missed out the first time around let me know if you're interested.

Reaction score
All my TVC figures shipped from Walmart. 5 Tuskens, 1 Luke, and 1 Death Star Droid. All shipped separately mostly from Texas and a couple from Georgia via FedEx and are expected to be here on Friday. I am expecting the worst condition on the cards and bubbles but as long as the figures are fine then I am OK.

Received my set yesterday they shipped them in a box Luke and the Tusken Raider were in really good shape my DS Droid was bent and creased up I'll have to find a better card later.

Edit: My second set arrived today and the DS Droid looks pretty decent luckily nothing was shipped in bags.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info they have some pretty good reviews on that stuff didn't see it was available now but I signed up for the email to let me know. We don't collect as much Lord of the Rings as we used to but if we see something cool here and there, really like Gandalf's white staff that they have.

Sauron's Mace with the One Ring has some serious appeal to me, but there's no way to know if that's what you'd get and I have a feeling that one is a real long shot since it's normally close to $400.

Reaction score
Kind of off topic (but relevant)

I received my first Hot Toys seamless body figure today... Justice League Deluxe Wonder Woman. Since I had ordered the Hot Toys Zack Snyder version Superman and Knightmare Batman, I wanted to make sure I had the trio. The current Hot Toys Wonder Woman that's available has plastic hair and the one I wanted has long since sold out, so I had to resort to Ebay and pay a bit extra for her. The seamless figure is really cool as no joints show. I am just really worried how it's going to hold up over time and I am worried if I try to bend her around too much it could start to tear. For the most part I tend to find a pose I like and stick to it, so I should be safe.

This would be the perfect body for a Hot Toys Slave Leia (will never happen) or Aayla Secura since they both show a lot of skin.

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I noticed a pending charge from GameStop for the darksaber, but it hasn’t shipped yet still.

Reaction score
Kind of off topic (but relevant)

I received my first Hot Toys seamless body figure today... Justice League Deluxe Wonder Woman. Since I had ordered the Hot Toys Zack Snyder version Superman and Knightmare Batman, I wanted to make sure I had the trio. The current Hot Toys Wonder Woman that's available has plastic hair and the one I wanted has long since sold out, so I had to resort to Ebay and pay a bit extra for her. The seamless figure is really cool as no joints show. I am just really worried how it's going to hold up over time and I am worried if I try to bend her around too much it could start to tear. For the most part I tend to find a pose I like and stick to it, so I should be safe.

This would be the perfect body for a Hot Toys Slave Leia (will never happen) or Aayla Secura since they both show a lot of skin.

Cool, pictures please.