Phoenix Board #205: SDCC reveals?

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Not sure if this was posted yet, but Hallmark is releasing Animated Boba as an ornament for Comic-Con@Home 2021. LE:3700, priced at $30. Stock will be split amongst SDCC & NYCC online events. Should be available at 9am PT on 7/23. Here's the link to the Jedinews article and a pic.

full

He looks like he's playing guitar.

Reaction score
I just signed up for my first Premier Access movie on Disney+... Black Widow. My son and his girlfriend are coming over this weekend to watch it with us.

I was not aware this allowed me to stream it as often as I like.

Going to see that at Harkins on Sat.

I'm gonna have to wait till the following weekdays after it opens, because I am working the weekend. Really can't wait to see it on the big screen.

I no longer have a theatre I feel comfortable in since iPic was closed. My screen is 80", I have killer surround sound and the comfort of my own home and no chance I will end up wanting to beat someone senseless because they're being rude during the movie.

The other perk to watching at home is I can watch it as many times as I want now. Back in the day when I was paying full price for iPic tickets, it ran $25 per person for my wife and I to see a movie. I was dropping a lot of money when TFA released since I saw it multiple times. Especially since I decided to treat all my (adult) kids and their significant others at the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After for waiting for days for UPS to update the status of my GG Endor Soldier mini bust, I finally gave up and checked my mail box. I seldom check it since we rarely get anything I am not aware is coming. Well, UPS screwed up and it was passed off to USPS at some point. Not sure how long it's been sitting there.

It's an okay bust for what it is. Not sure why they made the guy so dumpy and boring looking. He just looks like an out-of-shape, middle-aged guy in camouflage.

Reaction score
I received an email from Amazon informing me my order for the BS Archive 501st Clone Troopers is being delayed from the original date of December 3rd to January 5th. Not sure how they would know that right now. It seems a long ways off and I expect it to change again.

Reaction score
There is also a TVC Throne room set and a BS Filoni figure

Reaction score
There is also a TVC Throne room set and a BS Filoni figure

When are these supposed to drop? They appear to be SDCC exclusives, so I am guessing in a couple of weeks.

That Filoni figure looks much taller and slimmer than the actual character in the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When are these supposed to drop? They appear to be SDCC exclusives, so I am guessing in a couple of weeks.

That Filoni figure looks much taller and slimmer than the actual character in the show.

It just says “Coming Soon”, yes, I am assuming in the next couple of weeks preorders open but they are not scheduled to ship (If that what you mean by “drop”) until “Fall” per the information in the listings.

Reaction score

I think they said they were HasbroPulse Con exclusives in the fall I don't like that these are exclusives. I love that you get the bar to go with the figures it would be nice to get 2 to put the whole bar together but too pricey. I like that Panda Baba gets two sets of hands. They cheaped out with the Filoni figure and put him on a Luke body.

Reaction score
I think they said they were HasbroPulse Con exclusives in the fall I don't like that these are exclusives. I love that you get the bar to go with the figures it would be nice to get 2 to put the whole bar together but too pricey. I like that Panda Baba gets two sets of hands. They cheaped out with the Filoni figure and put him on a Luke body.

They could've created a thicker body and then later released a BS Porkins, but I'm guessing they've learned Porkins doesn't sell from the Power of the Jedi days.

Maybe they're trying to stroke Filoni's ego a bit.

I think as an added bonus they should've included the cowboy hat he's always wearing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ShopDisney is offering some freebies if you purchase items.

Use code "NATASHA" to get a free Black Widow coin with a $25 or more purchase. Available until sold out.

Use code "WIDOW" to get 750 Points for Disney Movie Insiders with a $60 or more purchase. Redeemable code will be issued 2-3 weeks after purchase. Expires 8/1/21.

Codes can be used on any brand in-stock. I grabbed some items, mostly Star Wars and codes applied.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ShopDisney is offering some freebies if you purchase items.

Use code "NATASHA" to get a free Black Widow coin with a $25 or more purchase. Available until sold out.

Use code "WIDOW" to get 750 Points for Disney Movie Insiders with a $60 or more purchase. Redeemable code will be issued 2-3 weeks after purchase. Expires 8/1/21.

Codes can be used on any brand in-stock. I grabbed some items, mostly Star Wars and codes applied.

Ah man! I just pre-ordered something for my son's birthday so that won't count. Even if I cancelled and re-ordered it.

Reaction score
At AZ Ave & Pecos Target...

View attachment 394208

They had two Boba Fetts. I hate leaving Boba Fetts behind. I left all of it.

If it's the corrected version of Fett MK is looking for one and him or I could maybe use the Grogu. If you see anymore just stash them thanks!

FYI Slave_2 found a VC AT-ST Driver display at San Tan WM this morning so I'm set on the one you were saving for me thanks! I received your Gaming Greats Biker Scout from EE just waiting on their exclusive Purge Troopers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love that the Throne Room window is part of the Emperor set.

It's a nice little set with his Thorne not to big on the puffy soft goods robe though but he has to be able to sit. Still think they could have toned it down some especially the sleeves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forgot to post up a couple of weeks ago but I ran across those Mandalorian bandanas that Ares_X spoke of. I put the grey one on the SS PF Fett and actually used the black one to reupholster my armrest in my car.

20210709_185326.jpg

Reaction score
If it's the corrected version of Fett MK is looking for one and him or I could maybe use the Grogu. If you see anymore just stash them thanks!

FYI Slave_2 found a VC AT-ST Driver display at San Tan WM this morning so I'm set on the one you were saving for me thanks! I received your Gaming Greats Biker Scout from EE just waiting on their exclusive Purge Troopers.

I forgot all about the corrected Fett. Not sure I'll be able to run over there tomorrow. Celebrating one of my kid's birthday.

Reaction score
Black? Mine were light grey on dark grey and dark grey on light grey. Did you really find a black one?

It could be just dark gray and not black it's hard to remember it's dark in the car with the tinted windows. I just remember one bandana was lighter than the other.

Reaction score
I’d been out of town all week, but I ran down to Higley/Brown Hallmark this afternoon when I got back so I could pick up ornaments that came out today. They had sold out of the limited release K-2SO Keepsake ornament, but they sold me the display (and they had its box). Woohoo!

I also picked up the C-3PO and Babu Frik ornament.

Reaction score
$105 for that BS6 cantina set. Steep.

I read those figures will be regular releases down the line too.

Reaction score
$105 for that BS6 cantina set. Steep.

I read those figures will be regular releases down the line too.

Serious? So the bar piece is the driving force on that one. I'm going to have to give that some thought.

UPDATE: I just noticed this in the description: "The playset combines with additional CANTINA SHOWDOWN playsets to create the full scene inspired by STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE."

So what are the other Cantina Showdown playsets??? Or are they encouraging people to purchase many of the same $105 playsets just for a complete bar?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of a second Hot Wheels Child/Hover pram. I found the "Force" version at Frys Marketplace. The Grogu part is a new mold. I think both versions look decent set with 3.75" displays. We really need a Mudhorn though.
5Vs4Jmb.jpg

Vmr1NCy.jpg

h22H8Ma.jpg

bac

Reaction score
So what are the other Cantina Showdown playsets??? Or are they encouraging people to purchase many of the same $105 playsets just for a complete bar?

Nope, just this one. You'll need to buy more than one to have a more complete bar area, and the middle portion duplicates like the tube in the carbon-freeze playset.

It is my understanding that this is TWO sets with the extra middle portion not shown. Each set has a straight portion and a curve.

1626100266811.png

Reaction score
Nope, just this one. You'll need to buy more than one to have a more complete bar area, and the middle portion duplicates like the tube in the carbon-freeze playset.

It is my understanding that this is TWO sets with the extra middle portion not shown. Each set has a straight portion and a curve.

Yeah... "Check out my Cantina bar. It only cost me $200."

And then it's not even accurate to size. I think I would build my own before that. It's not that complicated of a piece. If anyone is interested in buying two sets to build the bar I would be willing to split the cost of one and take the three figures.

bac

Reaction score
Non-figure items in 6" scale are just expensive.

That's why expectations need to be kept in check for the TBS HasLab. I'm standing by my prediction of a Mudhorn.

Reaction score
I am really surprised that Filoni hasn't tried to come up with a way to explain why the bars brewing system contains IG droid unit heads. Or at least similar parts. Much like the explanation of the camtono.

Reaction score
Rebelscum posted up a video discussing the changes and lack of changes coming to Rebelscum now that it is no longer under Philip Wise.

Apparently this was not just a handing over the reigns like Philip mentioned, but Rebelscum.com was purchased from him.

bac

Reaction score
Websites have value based on traffic/income so I'm not at all surprised it was sold. I would have been shocked if it wasn't.