Phoenix Board #204: Bad Batch and more

Reaction score
Time for a new thread. Hmmmmmmh smell it.
Recently pulled my Legacy BMF and TVC ESB Hoth BAT-AT as I got more display real estate. Forgot how beautiful the boxes are even the Legacy one that is not TVC themed.
EDIT: Forgot to mentioned that I already opened the BMF and the BAT-AT ins next.

3650AF7E-7CCF-41BF-AB20-DC883C764662.jpeg7CC03F80-C256-451E-8C01-ABDACB8BE3F2.jpeg3D176E2C-9704-4ED9-8307-9E936E84EEFA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bad Batch thoughts...

Spoiler:  
Oh great, another annoying "child" character...

Actually, I thought the first episode was great. The second episode was a little bit of a letdown. Omega kept getting in trouble and disobeying everyone, and I kept wondering why none of the reg clone troopers would recognize Cut or Hunter as clones when they see the same clone faces every day.
Last post from previous thread.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Gilbert & Germann Target- Where's the love for Carl Weathers. It seems whenever I find a figure on the pegs it's Greef in either VC or BS6. This time both. That is all. Checked out the Men's clothing area for the Father's Day display of Clone Wars figures. No luck.

Reaction score
Gilbert & Germann Target- Where's the love for Carl Weathers. It seems whenever I find a figure on the pegs it's Greef in either VC or BS6.
Yeah I see him everywhere I go even in Retro now as the only one left warming the empty pegs.

Reaction score
I recently customized a Q’ira into this Tatooine lady. She is visible in ANH before Luke and Ben get to Docking Bay 94
Looks good, though I think you may have the red a bit too crisp and it makes her look like a Christmas figure. Maybe just take a light tan and dry brush over her and it'll bring out the details in her clothing and tone down the color a little.

I just finished repainting ad dry brushing a T-Rex my son gave me on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was also charged by DST for my GG Sabine Wren bust, and the status has changed to awaiting shipment.

Reaction score
Looks good, though I think you may have the red a bit too crisp and it makes her look like a Christmas figure. Maybe just take a light tan and dry brush over her and it'll bring out the details in her clothing and tone down the color a little.

I just finished repainting ad dry brushing a T-Rex my son gave me on Saturday.
Thank you, yes, I realize the bright colors but her being a background character I didn’t put much effort on details. I know kind of lazy but she looks fine in the streets of Mos Eisley.

Reaction score
Here's my first attempt at a 12" custom. The Hasbro shirt/tunic is obviously not tailored to fit nearly as nicely as Hot Toys' costumes (especially the neck collar), but it works. Luckily the black fabric matches the HT pants really well.

I could have used an HT Dooku tunic, but I like the Imperial insignias and cargo pockets on the Hasbro one.

View media item 400360
The helmet is from the HT Endor Leia/Wicket set.
The chin strap is from the Hasbro helmet.
The head is a military 1/6 bald male I got on ebay.
The rest is from the HT DSG.

View media item 400362
Could also be an officer. The Hasbro cap is a little too large.

Reaction score
The cap would fit if he had hair.

So what made you customize a Hot Toys figure? They're super expensive. Did you not like the gunner?
I have two DSGs. I didn't alter anything that came with the original HT figure. Just removed the fat suit from under the costume, put the tunic on over the coveralls and added the head and helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering some of the good deals we've gotten on here 800 is just too much. I'm saving my points for The Book of Boba Fett poster.

Reaction score
I like that poster but don't love it. As Slave_1 said, The Book of Boba will be a must get.

Reaction score
Opened up my Sixth Scale Mandalorian and Child Collector Set today. Very impressive figure. I haven't put all the accessories on him yet, except for the jetpack and holster pistol.

The one thing I am having trouble with is the stand. For my Concept Fett, the stand had two prongs that stuck out that he essentially is sitting on to help him stand up. This stand has a high clasp that I can't seem to lower. And if I do lower it, I worry that the clasp will damage some of his belt accessories. Should I just try to stand him up the best I can without the stand? Thanks.

Reaction score
My BS6 Carner Jax and Darth Maul have shipped from Dorkside Toys.
If you're going to open them and your Carner Jax box is in good shape can you save it for me mine has a crease going down the spine of it?

Reaction score
Why don't you just cancel this order and I'll bring you another one.
The only reason I am keeping the order is so when Target cancels it I can call them and gripe and they'll probably give me a $15 coupon like they did with the Tank Driver they cancelled. At least I hope so.

I do want ONE Shore Trooper from you. I need to make sure I have cash unless you want me to paypal it to you. How much do I owe you and are you still considering coming by tomorrow? You don't have to. You had just mentioned it.