Phoenix Board #202: Hoping for more TVC offerings in 2021

Reaction score
Big thanks for those Insider codes. Much appreciated.

As for the newly announced 6" figures. I am now convinced that there is nobody working at Hasbro with the artistic vision that say, Doug Chiang, has. Great to choose the comic looks but failure to deliver an actual likeness. Clothes are often not matching, which is the big problem with reusable parts.

Happy to get these characters made, but delivery just isn't quite there.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
New pre-orders from Gentle Giant...

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™ - Boba Fett™ Milestone Statue
$212.50

1616161527840.png

Star Wars: Rebels™ - Darth Maul™ Animated Mini Bust
$50.99

1616161589094.png

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker™ - Emperor Palpatine™ Mini Bust
$102

1616161666789.png

Two of my favorite characters, but I am not interested in animated busts and the Boba Fett statue doesn't do a whole lot for me. I assume the squiggly stuff is supposed to be smoke, but it gives it a very animated look and that with the price is enough to pass on.

I like that they're releasing something from The Rise of Skywalker, but it's not a great looking bust. I would've preferred the creepy, decrepit looking version over this one.

I think I may be getting a little burned out on Gentle Giant and the lack of quality that a lot of the products have been seeing lately. I'm just not excited to jump on any of these.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered Palpatine mostly because the TROS offerings have been so light since the movie came out. I like his burned fingers, but the face sculpt is a little off.

IDK why anyone would pay $212.50 for that Fett statue when they could get a way more accurate HT figure with lots of accessories and poseability for not much more $$.

Reaction score
Four new Black Series figures coming...

View attachment 380924 View attachment 380925 View attachment 380926 View attachment 380927

I will never buy a Jaxxon figure. I have no idea where he fits into the story, but I have never liked the design of this character. I absolutely hate how much he looks like an earth creature. I realize a lot of species in the Star Wars universe have earth creature elements to them, but this just looks like a green space bunny.

I definitely want Maul and Carnor Jax. Not sure I need Luke.

These are all available on HasbroPulse, Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth and Dorkside Toys. They're $25 each except at BBTS where they're $27. I am holding until Amazon or Target gets them and I will order Maul and Carnor Jax.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered Palpatine mostly because the TROS offerings have been so light since the movie came out. I like his burned fingers, but the face sculpt is a little off.

Yay his jaw looks to big and squared off.

Its almost $11 cheaper at EE with the free shipping. Even with being a platinum tiered member it's still cheaper to go somewhere else.

Reaction score
Please tell me someone preordered an extra mail “just in case”?? I was at work when it hit.
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Extra mail??? Are you referring to the BS6 shirtless Maul? Order one. The only place I am seeing them sold out is HasbroPulse and they don't have any better deal than the others since you have to be a Premium member to get free shipping now. I listed three other retailers this morning.

Reaction score
Since HasbroPulse did sell out of these, I went ahead and pre-ordered Kir Kanos and Maul from Dorkside Toys. It seemed to be the best price after shipping. Total came to $55.93.

If Amazon or Target gets these I will cancel and order from them.

Reaction score
I received my two BS6 Boba Fetts from Amazon. Haven't had a chance to open them yet. My oldest son and his wife came over to see the pirate ship and then my neighbor brought his grandkids over to see it. I figured I owed them since they've been watching it being built for six months and dealing with all my noise, paint fumes and sawdust. And now I am preparing to watch 4 hours and 20 minutes of Justice League, so one of Boba Fetts will probably get opened tomorrow.

Reaction score
Just got an email from sideshow about items below a very specific price point, $1399 and below. I wonder where they got that number from

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Just finished watching Zack Snyder's Justice League and I have to say it was one of the best superhero movies ever. I could've used a few less slo-mo action sequences, but outside of that it was pure AWESOME!!! He made the story make so much more sense. He was not afraid to show real violence that was needed. The villains were true villains and you understood why they were doing what they were doing. I have watched the original Justice League a number of times and I still can't tell you what Steppenwolf's motive was. I am ready to help push a Justice League 2 petition.

Reaction score
Extra mail??? Are you referring to the BS6 shirtless Maul? Order one. The only place I am seeing them sold out is HasbroPulse and they don't have any better deal than the others since you have to be a Premium member to get free shipping now. I listed three other retailers this morning.
Ahhh yes. Autocorrect strikes again. I did end up ordering from dorkside and empire just in case. I really want the maul, and another one for a custom, but I’m guessing we will get a rebels or Clone wars version soon.