Phoenix Board #202: Hoping for more TVC offerings in 2021

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

It's a week away to the release of Zack Snyder's Justice League. Is anyone else excited about this? I am so looking forward to it and hope it is so much better than Joss Whedon's version. From the clips and what I have read, it should be. It's supposed to be a whole lot darker.

I'm looking forward to seeing it probably not as anxious as you are but the trailer looks good.

Reaction score
Are you considering getting one?

UPDATE: Guessing since you never said anything and it's long after 9am that you did not.

I ordered one last night I was fifty fifty on getting one but when I showed my wife she says we had to get one. Looks like they must have extended the deadline. "He’s only available for a short time, so you must act fast! Sale starts at 9am on 3/5 and ends at 6pm on 3/14." I would like to know how many they sell.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I ordered one last night I was fifty fifty on getting one but when I showed my wife she says we had to get one. Looks like they must have extended the deadline. "He’s only available for a short time, so you must act fast! Sale starts at 9am on 3/5 and ends at 6pm on 3/14." I would like to know how many they sell.

That's just sleazy! Apparently they didn't get the number of orders they were hoping for. I would blame the lack of information and advertisement on that one.

Reaction score
Looks like Gamestop is getting a set of Star Wars Bounty Hunter POP! that sell seperately and connect together, like Amazon had with the Avengers POP!
Boba Fett is first, and with the price will probably be the only one I order.

As much as I am a diehard Boba Fett fan, I am passing on it. I think it will look odd on it's own and I have no desire to drop $140 for the set.

I think they would do better if they were to show a preview of the whole set together.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Except for readjusting the sails due to all the wind, that I couldn't do today due to wind and it was freakin' cold, my Pirate ship is done! Everything that needs to be built has been built. I've even started cleaning up my yard and tossing scrap wood. Will finish that tomorrow.

Then once ASM sells his car to fund my next project, I can start on the Razor Crest.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Except for readjusting the sails due to all the wind, that I couldn't do today due to wind and it was freakin' cold, my Pirate ship is done! Everything that needs to be built has been built. I've even started cleaning up my yard and tossing scrap wood. Will finish that tomorrow.

Then once ASM sells his car to fund my next project, I can start on the Razor Crest.
I still have to get my kids through College :oops:

Reaction score
I still have to get my kids through College :oops:

Damn! I guess no Razor Crest.

But on a high note... my pirate ship is complete! The Crimson Scourge is ready to set sail.

My HOA gave me until the end of the month to work on it and then I have to start taking it down (since they have a picture of the top of my mast and the crow's nest from the street). If anyone is interested in seeing it before it comes down, let me know and we can make arrangements. I need a couple more days to clean up the yard from my mess, but after that is good. All I ask is that you wear a mask and we keep our distance while you're here.

It is 29 feet long from stem to stern and 11 feet wide at the widest point. I did check and it WILL fit in my front yard.

Photo Mar 14, 5 41 15 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 14, 5 40 42 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 14, 5 41 34 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That thing is amazing! Do you just have to take the masts down? Is it meant to be moved?

Reaction score

But on a high note... my pirate ship is complete! The Crimson Scourge is ready to set sail.

My HOA gave me until the end of the month to work on it and then I have to start taking it down (since they have a picture of the top of my mast and the crow's nest from the street). If anyone is interested in seeing it before it comes down, let me know and we can make arrangements. I need a couple more days to clean up the yard from my mess, but after that is good. All I ask is that you wear a mask and we keep our distance while you're here.

It is 29 feet long from stem to stern and 11 feet wide at the widest point. I did check and it WILL fit in my front yard.

View attachment 380700

View attachment 380701

View attachment 380702
That is incredible. Too bad you have to take it down. HOA's are morons.

Reaction score
That thing is amazing! Do you just have to take the masts down? Is it meant to be moved?

Thanks!

I think getting the masts down will satisfy the HOA, but technically I need to get it all down. I built it in pieces that bolt together, so the entire thing will disassemble (or at least I hope so). I haven't actually done it yet. When I take it apart, I plan to take many pictures and I will diagram the whole thing, so that I can remember how to put it back together. Desiree said she'd help me. We plan on labeling everything. Then I will start re-assembling it in the front yard in late September for Halloween.

That is incredible. Too bad you have to take it down. HOA's are morons.

Thanks!

I actually like HOAs. They take care of our neighborhood. The community parks around here are so much nicer than the city park. They also protect things from happening, like someone running an auto chop shop across the street or a person down the road digging fox holes and trenches lined with sandbags in their front yard. I bring up these two examples because these are both things that occurred in my Ex's old neighborhood that did not have an HOA.

Last edited:
Reaction score

View attachment 380700

View attachment 380701

View attachment 380702

Stellar job looks really cool digging the red sails on it and that new anchor really came out well. It's going to look awesome in your front yard on Halloween with some spotlights on it.

Reaction score
Stellar job looks really cool digging the red sails on it and that new anchor really came out well. It's going to look awesome in your front yard on Halloween with some spotlights on it.

Thanks!

TWO anchors. There's one on each side.

This thing also has lights. All of the lantern lights actually work and I have a light sensor attached to the whole ship so it will all light up once it starts getting dark. Only one plug for the whole thing. I use special bulbs that flicker like flames. They're very cool.

Reaction score
I was able to pre-order all three Walmart exclusive figures in a matter of seconds and got free delivery. They don't even ship until July.

Now let's see if Walmart screws it up at some point.

So did I thanks for the links!

Reaction score
I was able to pre-order all three Walmart exclusive figures in a matter of seconds and got free delivery. They don't even ship until July.

Now let's see if Walmart screws it up at some point.
Quick and easy order. Thanks for the links; I had no idea these were going up today.

Hopefully, Walmart learned from previous fiascos and these orders will be fulilled and we won't have to go through trying to reorder after they cancel our preorders.

Reaction score
Thanks!

TWO anchors. There's one on each side.

This thing also has lights. All of the lantern lights actually work and I have a light sensor attached to the whole ship so it will all light up once it starts getting dark. Only one plug for the whole thing. I use special bulbs that flicker like flames. They're very cool.

Nice touch that's going to look really good at night (Spooky)!

Reaction score
I received a Hasbro Pulse email on Friday saying there would be preorders for Pulse Premium Members today between 1 and 2pm Eastern. Don't know what they're offering.

UPDATE: Just received their email--Transformers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pre-ordered Paploo because it seems there are some differences from the previous releases. Is there anything new about Leia or the AT-ST driver other than the TVC cards?

Reaction score
I pre-ordered Paploo because it seems there are some differences from the previous releases. Is there anything new about Leia or the AT-ST driver other than the TVC cards?

I had read someplace that they were all slightly different. I believe Paploo has different accessories, but the other two may only be the face deco. I looked and can't find where I read it at. I figured I'd get them in hand and compare them and if they look different enough I will keep them.

Reaction score

This is what I read on RS home page.

"AT-ST Driver is a repack from previous multi-packs and AS-ST vehicle releases with and updated Photo Real deco. Paploo is a repack with a new hood, dagger, and staff. Leia (Endor) is a repack with new head sculpt/photo real, new helmet, and a new camo pattern."

Reaction score

"AT-ST Driver is a repack from previous multi-packs and AS-ST vehicle releases with and updated Photo Real deco. Paploo is a repack with a new hood, dagger, and staff. Leia (Endor) is a repack with new head sculpt/photo real, new helmet, and a new camo pattern."

Is that where I saw it? I think I checked EVERY other site multiple times except Rebelscum. Not sure why.

Paploo is essentially a different Ewok.
Leia has a new sculpt, so she is going to be an improvement. She's almost a new figure.
AT-ST Driver will look like a new army-building character.

And since they had free shipping, I'm not out anything if I change my mind.

Reaction score
Is that where I saw it? I think I checked EVERY other site multiple times except Rebelscum. Not sure why.

Paploo is essentially a different Ewok.
Leia has a new sculpt, so she is going to be an improvement. She's almost a new figure.
AT-ST Driver will look like a new army-building character.

And since they had free shipping, I'm not out anything if I change my mind.
I will be using 1 AT-ST driver to pilot the Mandalorian troop transport.

Reaction score

Ah good info. I’ll be happy to have Paploo.

Reaction score
JediTempleArchives posted up the following about new (to them) Disney+ content...

JediTempleArchives said:
Disney+ is adding a lot of vintage content to their platform this April. Fans can look forward to Volume I & II of Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars, Ewok movies Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor, and the animated Ewoks season 1 & 2. And, while they are not adding the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, they are adding the very popular Boba Fett cartoon that was a part of the special: The Story of the Faithful Wookiee. Still missing from the line-up is the Droids cartoon.

Reaction score
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!!

f59fb1547065df7b3b445d685a3ab984333f8fd4_hq.jpg

Reaction score
Ares - the ship looks awesome! Great job.

I was driving yesterday and saw a car whose license plate said MK17. I think there was a member here with that name who moved away years ago. Or am I misremembering? At least I'm sure there was a MK here, but I'm not sure of the numbers afterwards. It's been years so I wouldn't recognize him even though I tried to when I passed him.

Reaction score

I was driving yesterday and saw a car whose license plate said MK17. I think there was a member here with that name who moved away years ago. Or am I misremembering? At least I'm sure there was a MK here, but I'm not sure of the numbers afterwards. It's been years so I wouldn't recognize him even though I tried to when I passed him.
Michael Knight? He moved to San Francisco several years ago I remember that. I never met him personally.

Reaction score

Yeah MK17 then just MK he changed it a few times.

He moved back a couple of years ago I still see him from time to time. Seems like I saw him more in California than I see him now because of the pandemic. I hooked him up with a Greef Karga just last week. I don't think that's his plate but I'll ask him.

Reaction score
MK, MK17 and Michael Knight was originally Miss Kitten 17. Last I saw him and his wife was at the last Toy Anxiety toy drive in 2019.

GSR- Have you never met him? I swear he must've been at some of the Village Inn breakfasts.

Reaction score
I just received an email from Amazon updating the estimated ship date for the two BS6 Boba Fetts I ordered from June 3rd to March 22nd. Cool!

This was posted at Yakface.com this morning and to me the yellow on the jetpack seems way too bright.

1616079782447.png

UPDATE: It doesn't look quite as bad in this picture posted up on JediTempleArchives. It may just be the lighting.

1616080683540.png

UPDATE 2: I just realized why it looks so bright and out of place... It's not dirty at all. The yellow area has a good amount of black around it. Probably from the exhaust from the missile. It's just way too clean. I will be fixing that on one of my figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Four new Black Series figures coming...

1616080108247.png 1616080128140.png 1616080145444.png 1616080164410.png

I will never buy a Jaxxon figure. I have no idea where he fits into the story, but I have never liked the design of this character. I absolutely hate how much he looks like an earth creature. I realize a lot of species in the Star Wars universe have earth creature elements to them, but this just looks like a green space bunny.

I definitely want Maul and Carnor Jax. Not sure I need Luke.