Phoenix Board #202: Hoping for more TVC offerings in 2021

Reaction score
OK, time for a brand spanking new thread. Hmmmmm smell it....

Here are some of the last posts from the previous threads

This is frickin' insane! Someone restored a '70s vintage Millennium Falcon back to a new state. He was actually able to remove the yellowing in the white plastic and the cockpit windshield with a solution called H2O2 and a UV light. He also is able to get rid of scratches on the windshield with the same stuff used on automotive headlights and a buffer. It's really cool to watch what he does.

And here's an X-Wing going through the same process...

With the X-Wing he had to make some minor alterations to the interior works to be able to reinstall some parts since they were originally glued into place and could not be easily removed. He uses a polish that I use on the chrome of my motorcycle in this. and I swear this guy is a master at applying stickers perfectly and he's doing it wearing rubber gloves.

The funny part is they actually looked more accurate to the movie as far as deco goes before he cleaned them up, but seeing them in pristine condition like that takes me back to being an 8 year old kid.
Oh good call! I also left out Cobb Vanth, who I would like to see with the beat-up Fett armor, and I added a biker scout to make it a Top 15:

-Boba Fett (pre-armor with head sculpt and cloak)
-Boba Fett (re-painted armor)
-Fennec Shand (swappable head and helmet)
-Juggernaut transport trooper
-Mortar trooper
-Republic prison transport security droid
-Q-90 aka "Zero" mercenary droid
-Bo Katan
-Koska Reeves
-Luke Skywalker (with accurate head, tunic, belt and cloak; not a ROTJ rehash)
-Ahsoka Tano
-Mayfeld (S1 Outfit)
-Darktrooper
-Cobb Vanth (with Fett armor and jetpack)
-Remnant biker scout trooper

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Best Buy has the Imperial Troop Transport available on eBay for $45.99 with FREE shipping (34% off the original price). There are more than 10 available. It shows 243 sold (63%), so it sounds like there are still quite a few left. Judging from the direction of The Mandalorian series, I may be inclined to grab another as I can see it showing up often. Plus I just love this vehicle.

1611757902481.png

BestBuy.com also has it available for the same price with FREE shipping and since I have a $5 coupon with Best Buy, I think that's the way I want to go.

UPDATE: I caved and ordered one from Best Buy. I figured that way if the price drops further within 30 days I can return it with no issues plus I got the extra $5 off. It arrives on Friday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gentle Giant reimbursed me the price of the Darth Maul bust and reimbursed the points I used towards it as well.

Have you guys chosen your 2020 holiday busts yet? I don't remember doing this.

I chose the Tessek mini bust, but I also pre-ordered The Armorer mini bust.

Reaction score
I chose the Tessek mini bust, but I also pre-ordered The Armorer mini bust.

I just did the same except I did the Armorer as the gift and paid for Tessek. Not that it matters. I used $45 in points towards Tessek, which brought him down to $75.

Thanks for the info. Not sure why I never did this before now. Though this was actually a good thing waiting since I just had 500 reward points returned to me because of the Darth Maul bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These Medicomm 1:12 scale Grogus have some appeal. They have no articulation and are pretty scene specific, but they look great. Unfortunately they're $15.99 each which totals $80 before tax and shipping. They almost seem a little big at 2.76".

They're estimated for April 2021.

1611777693236.png 1611777682185.png 1611777703355.png 1611777833061.png 1611777843298.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
About a week and a half ago I had contacted Walmart via chat about the cancellation of one of the two VC Incinerator Trooper I had placed back on 9/25. I was told I would be getting contacted by another office to make up for the issue and let me know what would happen with the rest of my order.

Then on Friday I received an email from Walmart cancelling the second VC Incinerator Trooper from my order on 9/25. So today I decided to call and found out what the deal was and basically just see what they would do for me. The woman said she couldn't do anything, but she would have her manager contact me in the next 24 - 48 hours. I just received the following email:

Thank you for your interest in the Star Wars The Vintage Collection Incinerator Trooper Toy.

Unfortunately, due to a fulfillment issue, this item was cancelled from the order/s listed below. Because of inventory limitations, we do not anticipate receiving additional inventory. We know this is a disappointing customer experience, and we’re truly sorry.

We will be sending a $10 eGift Card (one per customer) to your account within 5 business days that you can use on a future Walmart purchase. Please check your inbox for a separate email from wmcompayments@walmart.com with the subject line: You have a Walmart eGift Card!

This is not the level of service we wish to provide and will work towards a better customer experience.

Not what I ultimately wanted, but at least I get a free $10 out of it.

Reaction score
About a week and a half ago I had contacted Walmart via chat about the cancellation of one of the two VC Incinerator Trooper I had placed back on 9/25. I was told I would be getting contacted by another office to make up for the issue and let me know what would happen with the rest of my order.

Then on Friday I received an email from Walmart cancelling the second VC Incinerator Trooper from my order on 9/25. So today I decided to call and found out what the deal was and basically just see what they would do for me. The woman said she couldn't do anything, but she would have her manager contact me in the next 24 - 48 hours. I just received the following email:

Not what I ultimately wanted, but at least I get a free $10 out of it.

I received the same email today word for word they must be sending them to everyone they canceled on. Supposedly my other Incinerator Trooper was delivered today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received the same email today word for word they must be sending them to everyone they canceled on. Supposedly my other Incinerator Trooper was delivered today.

Serious?!?! And you didn't even have to get on the phone with them and argue your case? Dammit!

Glad you got it too. I hope some is held responsible for the screw up and they fix whatever the issue was.

Reaction score
Can't remember who else had one canceled here curious to see if they get the email too.

Reaction score

Looks like everyone is getting the same email. This was posted on JTA this morning...

1611850263496.png

I would assume this will cost Walmart several thousands in gift cards and while I know they can afford it, it still can't be good for business and hopefully they will take action to keep it from happening again.

So my guess is that I can remove the Walmart Product page for the Incinerator Trooper from my browser tabs and discontinue checking availability multiple times a day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I keep meaning to ask and keep forgetting... Have any of you started watching WandaVision? I watched the first two and not only was completely bored, but felt like I wasted a good hour of my life. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be funny, but there was no humor that I saw in either episode. I realize there's supposed to be some mystery involved, but I don't want to put myself through the rest of it to know what the mystery is.

Reaction score
I keep meaning to ask and keep forgetting... Have any of you started watching WandaVision? I watched the first two and not only was completely bored, but felt like I wasted a good hour of my life. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be funny, but there was no humor that I saw in either episode. I realize there's supposed to be some mystery involved, but I don't want to put myself through the rest of it to know what the mystery is.

I haven't tried it really didn't have any interest in seeing it.

Reaction score
Yes saw the first 3 and after the 2nd episode I was not impressed and was about to quit but then episode 3 made me change my mind. Now it is getting interesting.

Reaction score
Nice looking Koto ARTFX Mando statue is coming out. Pre-orders are in March kind of pricey at $180, but what isn't nowadays.

SW178_ARTFX_MANDALORIAN_TheChild_pp08.jpg

SW178_ARTFX_MANDALORIAN_TheChild_pp09.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't tried it really didn't have any interest in seeing it.

I didn't either. Desiree wanted to check it out. I just knew there are a lot of big Marvel fans here. Personally, I don't think they could've taken two more boring characters to make a show about.

Yes saw the first 3 and after the 2nd episode I was not impressed and was about to quit but then episode 3 made me change my mind. Now it is getting interesting.

I feel the same way. 1st two episodes very slow, but the 3rd one really started to pick things up.

I don't know that I will watch any more episodes. It shouldn't take three episodes to get you wanting to watch the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kenner paint inspired black series obi wan, greedo and jawa amazon exclusives are up for pre order. I ordered obi wan and greedo.

bac

Reaction score
Pre-orders live at Amazon: