Phoenix Board #201: Merry Christmas 202, USPS Delays, abd Mandalorian Season 2 Finale

Reaction score
Time for a new thread! mmmmmmhhhhhh smell it.

A few or the last posts from the previous thread. Just watched the last episode of the Mandalorian. Can't wait for Monday!

Today's very appropriate Disney Insider Code: MANDO

3 points
Be careful on the internet. Spoilers are abundant for The Mandalorian. Twitter and news articles are things to avoid

Also OMFG OMFG OMFG
Rumor is that Mando Monday is to include the Target exclusive BS Captain Cardinal helmet and a BS Dark Saber. I am somewhat interested in both of these.

From what I can tell Captain Cardinal is just a red version of a regular FO Stormtrooper helmet, so I would expect a white version to be released as a non-exclusive not long after.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just opened it. #971 of 1000.

It looks really nice. I'm sort of questioning the paint around the outside of his face as some of the black shows through the red. Not sure if that was intentional or not. It could be doing solid red may make it look to clown like. I know I got a few Hasbro figures that appeared that way.

Slave I- Let me know if yours is like this too.

The base is really cool being part of his saber, but it makes it very susceptible to tipping over. I plan to secure it down to something heavier so that I don't end up with a bunch of broken red and black pieces on the floor.

The packaging was in perfect condition, so USPS is just holding our packages and not hurting them.

It does it some but not to bad it has it's imperfections.

20201219_010905.jpg
20201219_014037.jpg
20201219_012517.jpg20201219_013123.jpg

Reaction score
"The Mandalorian season 2 is getting Disney+ 'making of' special on Dec. 25."

Hopefully this will help with the withdrawals from not having a new episode plus we get to rehash all the greatness from that season finale!

Reaction score
HUGE Thanks to Ares_X for the TVC Skiff. It was a contactless delivery and social distance meeting. Good talking to you at least briefly and catching up. Nice mask and hat!

Reaction score
Nice seeing Sith Sense today and discussing the season finally of the greatest show on TV.

Reaction score
I had completely forgot about the Celebration prints going up for sale earlier this week. Did anyone order anything? I just ordered the Malcolm Tween one with the Imperial Shuttle.

Reaction score
I had completely forgot about the Celebration prints going up for sale earlier this week. Did anyone order anything? I just ordered the Malcolm Tween one with the Imperial Shuttle.
I thought about one or both of the Rey prints, but they just didn't do enough for me to justify the order.

Reaction score
I did the same thing I completely forgot about it until you mentioned something. I just ordered the same one you did I really like that one a lot. I think it'll go nicely with some of the other prints I have and some that you brought back for me from a celebration years ago. Thanks!

Reaction score
I grabbed the Chris Trevas print of Leia. I have his whole series of unseen scenes, so it was a must get to keep it intact.

Reaction score
Mando ep16:

Spoiler:  
It was a great finale! The music, the direction, the characters... so good. Peyton Reed directed the Ant-Man movies, which are some of my favorites in the MCU. I thought he did a great job with this episode.

That being said - and I know I'm in the minority - I hope that's the last we see of Grogu for a while. I never liked how most episodes hinged on Mando leaving Grogu unattended and hijinks ensuing. It is the main weakness of the show IMO, especially in season 1.

I also would like season 3 to go back to introducing new characters and being more of a stand-alone story. It was great to see live-action Bo Katan and Ahsoka. The Boba and Luke reveals were a pleasant surprise, but I liked the way season 1 introduced new characters without relying on existing canon. Unfortunately, Filoni continues to rob characters, designs and plot points from McQuarrie and the previous EU (Legends), so I assume we'll see more.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Mando ep16:

Spoiler:  
It was a great finale! The music, the direction, the characters... so good. Peyton Reed directed the Ant-Man movies, which are some of my favorites in the MCU. I thought he did a great job with this episode.

That being said - and I know I'm in the minority - I hope that's the last we see of Grogu for a while. I never liked how most episodes hinged on Mando leaving Grogu unattended and hijinks ensuing. It is the main weakness of the show IMO, especially in season 1.

I also would like season 3 to go back to introducing new characters and being more of a stand-alone story. It was great to see live-action Bo Katan and Ahsoka. The Boba and Luke reveals were a pleasant surprise, but I liked the way season 1 introduced new characters without relying on existing canon. Unfortunately, Filoni continues to rob characters, designs and plot points from McQuarrie and the previous EU (Legends), so I assume we'll see more.
  Spoiler:  
I hope that's the last we see of Grogu for a while
That's because you're dead inside. You hated BB-8, you hated Porgs and now you hate Grogu. I think if anything is considered cute, you're going to hate it. You must have been a real joy the first time you saw your kids when they were born.

Personally, I think they have done a great job with Grogu and not going over the top like they could have. He's cute, but he's not overly cute and in your face. This whole story that they've been telling is about how Din Djarin ended up caring for the child and wants to protect him. I don't think that should stop and personally, I don't think it will. Plus it's Grogu who is drawing in the very young crowd. My 3 year old niece loves The Mandalorian and she doesn't even understand it, but there's enough Grogu that she wants to keep watching it. If they can pull in young viewers without making it stupid like Jar Jar or the LEGO movies and still have it exciting enough for older viewers to enjoy, then they are doing an excellent job. And Grogu is a marketing juggernaut right now. There is no way LucasFilm/Disney is going to give that up.

I do hope they focus less on existing characters. I think Ahsoka and Boba were mainly to set up new series, which is fine. I'm thrilled it didn't go off on an Ahsoka tangent like they did in the final season of Clone Wars. What they did was good. And I thought for sure Boba was there only to end Boba's story and pass on the Slave I to Din, but I was wrong. Luke pretty much had to be in it. Grogu did his little Force stream thing a few episodes back to call to existing Jedi. For the most part Luke is all that was left and he's the most powerful Jedi out there, so it made sense. Desiree brought that up to me over a week ago and it makes the story work. I hate stories that have something major happen, like in Suicide Squad when someone is about to end existence on Earth, but Batman, Wonder Woman or any other heroes don't even bother to show up.

I'm guessing Grogu will return next season early on. Maybe not in the first episode, but in the second or third and he'll have completed some Jedi training with Luke. I'm a little worried he may talk. Not that he shouldn't be able to talk, but I'm just afraid on how it may come out. It could be over-the-top cute and wreck it. He had better not talk backwards like Yoda because that wouldn't make any sense. That would be like a Hispanic baby being raised by a very Caucasian family with no considerable accent and the baby grows up to have a thick Spanish accent. It wouldn't go that way.

I do like how they're using some of the existing lore. The Dark Troopers were a nice touch. They didn't go overboard and show the whole story of Dark Forces, but they stuck true to the existing canon and brought it in to the forefront. I also like how they brought in a character like Cobb Vanth that I was not even aware was part of the existing canon and now has me reading the stories to know what happened.

One of the biggest things I wished they'd change though is the anorexic-looking Gamorreans. I want Gamorreans to be big and fat like they were in Jabba's Palace. They look week to me in The Mandalorian. I don't have a problem if some of them are thinner or taller as no race should all look the same, but we were introduced to a lot of fat Gamorreans in ROTJ and that's how I expect them to look.

I do really like what they did with Bib Fortuna. He looked exactly as he should have.

Reaction score
I grabbed the Chris Trevas print of Leia. I have his whole series of unseen scenes, so it was a must get to keep it intact.
I really like that one too that was my second choice I thought Leia looked beautiful in that one. If I would have had the room I probably would have gotten that one also but I'm trying to stick with ones that are from different outside environments like Tatooine, Hoth and I'm hoping for a nice Endor one from maybe next Celebration.

Reaction score
Great catching up with Slave 1 and getting some great figures! AND the great popcorn tin. (I ate about 10 handfuls of the caramel corn today!)

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I loved this episode. From bringing back Bo-Katan and the other female Mandalorian(can't remember her name) to "Young Luke" coming for Grogu to R2D2 always being able to make friends with new people, it was a super episode. The post credit scene was really cool too, Boba blasting fat Fortuna.

The only thing I didn't like and am very worried about is "The Book of Boba" is starting in December 2021. That is when the new season of The Mandalorian is supposed to start. Some people are speculating that this will be Season 3, and that Din will be sidelined for the season.
I think that is a huge mistake, and a big slap in the face to all the fans that have supported and love this character, and have bought tons of Mando merchandise, if this is true. Disney is being very silent on the matter, which makes it seem very possible.
I love Boba Fett as much as anyone here, but I signed up for Disney + because of The Mandalorian(Din). Not Fett. If Disney wanted to make a Fett series they could have. It is nice that he is alive and well in Star Wars cannon, but his story should have ended with taking over Jabba's Palace.

Things I really liked:
*Boba vs the Mandos. Loved him calling Bo "Princess" and Bo saying that she has heard his voice many times before in the clones she faced.
*Mando vs Gideon. I would have preferred the fight that I thought we were going to see between Bo-Katan and Gideon, but this was very well done.
*Mando vs Dark Trooper. That Beskar is REALLY strong. He got punched in the face so many times and not even a dent. Probably a concussion though.
*Young Luke being a real badass Jedi. He cut down all those Darktroopers without breaking a sweat.

Things I didn't like:
*How does the comms officer not remember that the shuttle pilots were both male and not find it odd when a female contacted them.
*Poor Grogu in those tiny cuffs. Looking so sad and pitiful.
*Showing Bib Fortuna in the credits. When I saw his name I was racking my brain trying to remember where he was in the episode. Then I saw the post credit scene.
*No Ahsoka. Thought for sure we would see her vs Gideon in an epic lightsaber fight.

Christmas 2021 is a LONG time to wait for new Star Wars.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  

Sounds like the Book of Fett will be it’s own show. I would’ve been okay with it being season 3 though. The show is called The Mandalorian and that could’ve still applied to Fett. These episodes were referred to as Chapters so these seasons could’ve been the Book of Din. Future seasons could’ve focused on Bo Karan or other Mandalorians.

I’m sure Ive mentioned it before, but I didn’t care too much for Din in season 1 and only wanted to see more of Baby Yoda. This season I liked Din a lot better, so I’ll be interested to see a season 3 that doesn’t have that cute adorable little child.

I had seen Luke mentioned on Twitter when I woke up on Friday so I watched the episode before work and the whole time I was just thinking “where’s Luke?” When he showed up I was so stoked. When R2 came in I was jumping for joy. I pretty much loved the whole episode

I’m kind of surprised there were no Baby Yoda/Mandalorian art prints for Celebration. Glad, because I might have been tempted to spend more money though.

Reaction score
I think we can officially lose the spoiler tags now my apologies if somebody still hasn't seen it.

Wow great episode from top to bottom. What a epic and emotional moment with Luke showing up. Just watching him taking care of business effortlessly was so exciting. I've waited many years to see Luke unleash his true powers like that so reminiscent of Vader and the scene on Tantive IV. I liked Luke's behind the back block of a blaster shot very much like Anakin on Mustafar blocking a shot behind his back. The force crush scene was just the cherry on top to a surreal moment. Seeing the fear in Moff Gideon's face when Luke showed up and made quick work of his Darktroopers was priceless.

Excited to see where the book of Boba Fett leads us story-wise. Very surprised to see Bib survived the sail barge incident. I liked how they gave him his staff from the original vintage figure.

Reaction score
I think we can officially lose the spoiler tags now my apologies if somebody still hasn't seen it.

Wow great episode from top to bottom. What a epic and emotional moment with Luke showing up. Just watching him taking care of business effortlessly was so exciting. I've waited many years to see Luke unleash his true powers like that so reminiscent of Vader and the scene on Tantive IV. I liked Luke's behind the back block of a blaster shot very much like Anakin on Mustafar blocking a shot behind his back. The force crush scene was just the cherry on top to a surreal moment. Seeing the fear in Moff Gideon's face when Luke showed up and made quick work of his Darktroopers was priceless.

Excited to see where the book of Boba Fett leads us story-wise. Very surprised to see Bib survived the sail barge incident. I liked how they gave him his staff from the original vintage figure.
Bib was never on the Sail Barge when it blew up.

Desiree made comment to me about finally seeing the true power of the Jedi when Luke showed up. You got to see some of that in the prequels, but it was not near as powerful as this was. It was very reminiscent of Vader on the Tantive IV in Rogue One, which is one of my absolute favorite scenes of that movie.

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my Legends Darth Maul bust where you can see the black bleeding through the red. I compared it to the images on the Gentle Giant website and they do not show this. I have sent an email to find out what can be done. In the last picture you can even see an extra red dot of paint next to the horn, so this was not done well at all.

Photo Dec 20, 1 29 58 PM.jpg Photo Dec 20, 1 30 49 PM.jpg Photo Dec 20, 1 30 33 PM.jpg Photo Dec 20, 1 30 16 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Three pre-orders for Mando Monday and I plan to order all of them. No prices or links yet.

1608565878420.png 1608565906487.png 1608565930891.png

UPDATE: I just read on JediTempleArchives.com that the Boba Fett helmet will be $119 (same as previous Boba Fett helmets) and the Dark Saber will be $250, so it will definitely have a blade.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After viewing episode 16 again on Saturday, I told Desiree I would love to take some of my extra Boba Fett helmets and paint them in all the phases of Boba's helmet. I have the concept (white) version. It's not canon, but it is the original look. Then I would need to paint a Jango color scheme. I have the ESB version. Then I could paint one to look like the Cobb Vanth version and finally have the fully painted Mandalorian version. That one has now been completed for me. I would display them all in order. It would not surprise me if Hasbro does a repaint for Jango as well.