Phoenix Board #199: Elder Off World Jawa & The Egg!

Reaction score
Time for a new thread. Welcome Antman to the AZ boards. It looks like we will be getting the stand but the Elder Jawa looks iffy

Some of the last posts:

Hello to all the Arizona SW collectors.

I recently migrated to the Phoenix area from Chicagoland for a new job. I am stationed in the East Valley of Gilbert.

I would love to hear any tips to the area, collecting and non-collecting wise.

I am always ready to help out all you Rebelscummers. Some of you already know that.

Maybe I'll be able to put a face to your avatar/name someday.

This is the way.

Antman
aka Anthony
Got the Gaming Greats Scout Trooper added to the collection.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Ares - looks like you’ve got some competition

It's very impressive. Mine is not near as big, but I think mine has a lot more style. Mine is about half the size and I can walk all over mine. Also it's hard to tell if the one in the picture is complete or single sided. In any case, it's definitely very cool. I will hopefully be posting up pictures soon.

bac

Reaction score
Only 8 days left on the Razor Crest. It still needs 688 more for the stand and 2,688 for the Egg!
I'm wondering when the last dump of international orders was and when the next is. That will move it several hundred. Theoretically.

Reaction score
Last night was a very hard night for me being Halloween and not participating. I did not enter the HOA decorating contest that I take first place in every year. We did some decorating, but very minimal to my usual standards. Desiree was told by the woman that runs it that we should've joined the contest anyway because people were asking how to vote for us since we weren't entered and they loved what we did. She said we would've still won.

1604254261888.png 1604254353071.png 1604254374322.png 1604254405370.png

We didn't get many trick 'r treaters either. Plus each time a group showed up they all seemed very familiar.

1604254543560.png

1604254581364.png

1604254608705.png

1604254639563.png

I swear we've seen these guys already.

1604254678740.png

We did notice that Baby Yoda is very popular this year.

1604254718141.png

1604254737316.png

In all actuality though, we skipped the trick or treaters because I didn't feel it was safe. Halloween definitely sucked this year. Next year better be better.

Reaction score
Hello All in Arizona,

In case you missed my other post, I have just moved to the Phoenix area (Gilbert) for a new job (Tempe). Excited to be here and eventually meet some of you collectors. I was a dedicated collector back in Chicago and I am hoping for great things here.

I focus mostly on BS 6", Vintage Collection, Sideshow/Hot Toys, Funko and Hot Wheels. Besides SW, Marvel is a pretty close second.

If anyone should be looking for anything, I'll do what I can to help out.

This is the way,

Antman
aka Anthony

Reaction score
Hello All in Arizona,

In case you missed my other post, I have just moved to the Phoenix area (Gilbert) for a new job (Tempe). Excited to be here and eventually meet some of you collectors. I was a dedicated collector back in Chicago and I am hoping for great things here.

I focus mostly on BS 6", Vintage Collection, Sideshow/Hot Toys, Funko and Hot Wheels. Besides SW, Marvel is a pretty close second.

If anyone should be looking for anything, I'll do what I can to help out.

This is the way,

Antman
aka Anthony

WELCOME to the group!

Your focus is similar to mine except I prefer DC over Marvel.

bac

Reaction score
Thanks! It was the first time in a very ling time I ever took down Halloween decorations the day after Halloween and that it took less than half an hour to complete.
The decorations look great. Everyone needs a break every now and then.

Reaction score
The decorations look great. Everyone needs a break every now and then.
Yeah, but considering I am working on the ship for next year pretty much non-stop during the day, it wasn't much of a break. I get a bit of a rest starting tomorrow though. I have to go back to work (or at least back online to work).

And thanks!

Reaction score
Great Halloween deco as as always. Your house would win a contest on any neighborhood. At least in mine there is nothing lose. Great job.

Reaction score
Great Halloween deco as as always. Your house would win a contest on any neighborhood. At least in mine there is nothing lose. Great job.
Thanks! I don't feel like I did anything. The only thing I did that took any effort was a little work on the 12 foot skeleton.

You REALLY need to stop by sometime when the pirate stuff is up. We draw quite the crowd.

Reaction score
Since GSR posted up that article on the pirate ship in NY, I wanted to go ahead and give an idea what mine is looking like. I'm not saying the other one isn't good and it is most definitely big. It just looks a lot more basic to me and a lot like what my first pirate ship looked like.

So here's a sneak peek of my new one. It's far from complete. The back to the upper deck has yet to be completed. I still need to add the masts and the interior of the bow has not been completed, though you can't tell from the pictures. I also need to complete the way the helm works because the rope is going to look as if it's attached to the bottom of the ship and move when you turn the wheel. It already does that, but it doesn't have a pully underneath yet. I also need to add the window panes, cannon windows, all of the rope pully blocks and a lot of other details.

Excuse the yard. I've been neglecting it the last few weeks.

1604288023266.png

Reaction score
Ares_X
That skeleton in the front yard is 12 feet of Awesome! Looks like you made a lot of progress on the pirate ship since I last saw it killer job!

bac

Reaction score
That pirate ship is all kinds of awesome. You're basically building a Vegas attraction in your backyard.

The neighbors across the wall must love checking in on the progress.

bac

Reaction score
Not really. 40 of those orders came in a flash about 45 minutes ago. I looked, did a fresh a minute later, jumped from 14903 to 14943.

Reaction score
Nice job, it almost looks sea worthy!
Thanks! I have made jokes about putting it in the pool.

Ares_X
That skeleton in the front yard is 12 feet of Awesome! Looks like you made a lot of progress on the pirate ship since I last saw it killer job!
Thanks! I really like the 12 foot skeleton. I think adding the texture to the skull and repainting helped to.

I've actually done quite a bit since you saw the ship. Still a long way to go.

That pirate ship is all kinds of awesome. You're basically building a Vegas attraction in your backyard.

The neighbors across the wall must love checking in on the progress.
Thanks! You really should stop by next October if COVID doesn't destroy us. The whole yard gets reformed into a pirate's wharf and I make it fun for the kids to walk through. I get a lot of comments of being very Disney-like.

Not sure about the neighbors behind us. They never comment on any of it, but they probably hate being behind me because I am always building something and making noise. Plus since becoming Mandalorian Mercs, Desiree has started doing her own projects now too.

Reaction score
Yesterday I opened up some packages that I had received during the week. My Hasbro Pulse exclusive The Armorer arrived damaged. If anyone here received a near mint/mint one and would like to trade for an opener, let me know. Pulse packaged it with minimal protection and shipping Fed Ex didn't help any.

bac

Reaction score
Thanks! You really should stop by next October if COVID doesn't destroy us. The whole yard gets reformed into a pirate's wharf and I make it fun for the kids to walk through. I get a lot of comments of being very Disney-like.
I'd love to stop by next Oct if the COVID crap is managed by then.

You're right about the overnight jump. My brain was thinking it was 14800 something last night when it was several hundred less.

We're going to hit 15k within the hour.