Phoenix Board #197: The Mandalorian Season 2, Target Galaxy’s Edge, Razor Crest from HasLab?

Reaction score
Another thread to celebrate weather under 100 degrees 👍🏼

Opened the GE BB 2-pack from Target. The units are based on the smaller BB-8 mold used in the TFA 3-pack with Teedo and Unkar’s thug from 2015. Here is a comparison shot with the 2015 BB-8 and Disney’s BB-BOO20

6D6414CC-E835-440A-BB78-884435660F43.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Another thread to celebrate weather under 100 degrees 👍🏼

Opened the GE BB 2-pack from Target. The units are based on the smaller BB-8 mold used in the TFA 3-pack with Teebo and Unkar’s thug from 2015. Here is a comparison shot with the 2015 BB-8 and Disney’s BB-BOO20

View attachment 362166
Weather.com has today listed for 100°. Then back again on Friday.

It looks like the BOO20 is larger than the others. The red/white BB-8 is not bad, but not a fan of the blue one.

Reaction score
Weather.com has today listed for 100°. Then back again on Friday.

It looks like the BOO20 is larger than the others. The red/white BB-8 is not bad, but not a fan of the blue one.
Right, I put both of them in my imperial display as I think that they look more bad guys than good guys. I still want the Astromech packs.

Reaction score
I received this from Disney Insiders...

View attachment 362183

And I see a The Rise of Skywalker poster shown. PLEASE be double-sided. I definitely have enough points for it and I just logged in and they gave me 25 points just because my birthday is getting close.
Yes! I got this email too, and saw the poster but it didn't register for me until I saw your post that we are all still looking for a Rise of Skywalker poster. Hope it is a good one.

Reaction score
I had just gotten enough points on Disney Insiders for the Disney Studio tour. So I’m interested to see when that comes back. Right now I have like 17000 points and I don’t know what I would spend them on otherwise.

bac

Reaction score
Thanks! I know nothing about this character, but I have always loved the look. I ordered him. May change my mind. Not loving the price or the $6 shipping and not being able to pick it up.
I'm sure stores will get limited numbers if you want to deal with that hassle. I've personally gone 99% online. Running around toy hunting just isn't appealing anymore for me.

Reaction score
I finally got around to opening my VC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon. Please keep in mind that it's been a very long time since I have played with the features on my original BMF, so I may bring some things up here that I have forgotten about on that one.

Pros
  • The exterior deco is far superior to the original. Hasbro really grimed up the outside.
  • There's a switch that allows you to change from Star Wars ANH sounds to Smuggler's Run sounds. Most of Smuggler's Run sounds are Hondo saying something stupid, but I'm sure it all ties in with the ride. I wouldn't know since my trip was cancelled.
  • The Smuggler's Run sounds are crystal clear. Unfortunately the ANH sounds are a bit pitchy and not consistent with the other sounds.
  • The additional RADAR dish is very nice looking, though it seems a bit on the small side, it's still nice. That's the one I have on at the moment since I already have a Falcon with the original dish.
Cons
  • The interior deco did not get the same grime the outside did and it would've really helped.
  • STICKERS! I hate applying decals and there were a pretty good amount of them and they are not easy when you have large hands. Plus there were two that neither Desiree or I could figure out where they were supposed to go from the instructions and then finally I realized they went on the inside of the escape pod.
  • The Chewbacca figure does not look like Chewbacca. He does look like a Wookiee, but the paint app is not great. His face looks weird and there is no grey anywhere on him.
  • Hondo constantly wants to do the splits. I cannot get his legs in a straight vertical position to stand normally and as soon as you set him down they spread further apart than they did already.
  • The Porgs all have the same identical sculpt. Four of them have one deco and two have another. They are almost identical in every way.
  • The Kyber containers shown on the packaging are NOT included. Granted I have a number of the Imperial Assault Tanks, so I have plenty of them, but it would've still been a nice addition.
  • The holo chess pieces are huge pain to get on to the table (big hands problem again).
Yes, I have more cons than pros, but I am NOT disappointed I bought this. The price was steep and I already own one, but it looks so much better just because of the deco. Plus the whole ship is just a lot of fun. I had forgotten how cool it is to lower the ramp and when I did it again today and the lights glowed on my counter, it gave me the same giddy feeling I had the first time twelve years ago. I really like playing with the cannon too.

Off to cancel my Hondo figure.

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a $50 VC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon box in Mint condition other than the tape is cut. I will even throw in some tape to reseal it and if you'd like I can add a couple of bricks to make it feel like the Falcon is still inside.

There's already an eBay listing for just the box for $49.99 and only $161.55 shipping. Are they insane?

Speaking of... I did see on the Target website that they are not taking the Falcon back if it has been opened.

Reaction score
Since I was on eBay I decided to check out the listings for the Sail Barge and there is one for $5000 and another for $8,999.99 + $297.43 shipping and they actually have people watching them. Both are in the original shipper. I can't imagine these people will get anywhere close to that.

bac

Reaction score
Since I was on eBay I decided to check out the listings for the Sail Barge and there is one for $5000 and another for $8,999.99 + $297.43 shipping and they actually have people watching them. Both are in the original shipper. I can't imagine these people will get anywhere close to that.
Nah, $1500 for a sealed in shipper one is about the going rate. I still have my second one untouched and tucked away. Will continue to keep it.

As for Hondo, I've had the same issue with older figures before. Just rubber band his legs together for a bit.

Reaction score
Nah, $1500 for a sealed in shipper one is about the going rate. I still have my second one untouched and tucked away. Will continue to keep it.

As for Hondo, I've had the same issue with older figures before. Just rubber band his legs together for a bit.
Yeah. Me too. Just waiting for the time I think it's good to sell or when I need some money for something really big.

The Hondo's crotch area is too big (not to do any bragging for him), so not sure rubber banding would do the trick. It's a poor design.

Reaction score
It looks like Mattel was happy with the success of their The Child plush and are taking another shot at a cute character.

I may have to get this. Though I wished it had plastic molded hands and feet. Also where are all of his whiskers that make him look like a shrimp?

1599755504995.png

Reaction score
Looks like that new Babu Frik plush doll will be released on October 17th exclusively at Target for $24.99. I may wait and just try to pick one up in the stores.

bac

Reaction score
Yeah. Me too. Just waiting for the time I think it's good to sell or when I need some money for something really big.

The Hondo's crotch area is too big (not to do any bragging for him), so not sure rubber banding would do the trick. It's a poor design.
Hasbro has been pretty spot on with TVC of late -- Power Droid and K-2S0 are excellent -- so it's surprising they botched a design that bad. Especially for a high demand figure like Hondo.

I'm hoping Chirrut doesn't have any issues from that same wave.

Reaction score
Hasbro has been pretty spot on with TVC of late -- Power Droid and K-2S0 are excellent -- so it's surprising they botched a design that bad. Especially for a high demand figure like Hondo.

I'm hoping Chirrut doesn't have any issues from that same wave.
The Power Droid was basically the same as an older version.

K-2SO is a nice figure. I was waiting for that one. The non-articulated one was pretty disappointing. Though K-2SO's color seemed off to me.

Reaction score
I went ahead and pre-ordered the plush Babu Frik. It's free shipping, so if I don't like it I can return it and bot be out anything. I really hope he looks more like what is posted on Target's website than what I posted above. He looks more alive. It's the eyes.

Total came to $25.59 shipped with redcard.

1599761927084.png

Reaction score

bac

Reaction score
Not really a lot of new info, but they did mention The Mandalorian is greenlit for a third season.
Speaking of, my thought is the S2 trailer will drop during the Emmys on Sept 20th, and we may see a new character's figure from the S2 trailer revealed during HasbroPulseCon.

Reaction score
I went ahead and pre-ordered the plush Babu Frik. It's free shipping, so if I don't like it I can return it and bot be out anything. I really hope he looks more like what is posted on Target's website than what I posted above. He looks more alive. It's the eyes.

Total came to $25.59 shipped with redcard.

View attachment 362276
REALLY hope (though I doubt it, ) that we actually get this version. It was one of the pics in the Star Wars.com story and must have been a prototype. He has plastic hands. But the Child also has plastic hands so maybe there's hope?
mattel-babu-frik.jpg

Reaction score
REALLY hope (though I doubt it, ) that we actually get this version. It was one of the pics in the Star Wars.com story and must have been a prototype. He has plastic hands. But the Child also has plastic hands so maybe there's hope?
So they are showing three different versions of him on StarWars.com? That seems really odd. I didn't even notice the last picture had molded hands. They look great!

1599924776809.png 1599924798661.png 1599924814909.png

The nice thing with getting it from Target is that I can return it easily enough if it's not what I want it to be.

Reaction score
I finally got around to opening my VC Smuggler's Run Millennium Falcon. Please keep in mind that it's been a very long time since I have played with the features on my original BMF, so I may bring some things up here that I have forgotten about on that one.

Pros
  • The exterior deco is far superior to the original. Hasbro really grimed up the outside.
If they're still sitting out somewhere accessible would it be possible to get a side-by-side picture curious to see how the deco compares. If you packed it back up don't worry about it.Thx!

Reaction score
Yeah. Give me a day or two because my old one could probably use a good dusting. My SW room has been pretty out of commission lately.

Okay no problem Thanks!

I got my Mynock from Star Wars celebration today it's pretty cool it has wires that run throughout it so it's superposable no regrettes on getting it.

Reaction score
I have made the Ikea Detolf pretty much dust-free. I completely redesigned it. It's not as easy to get into as it was before, but I don't plan on getting into it often.

I removed the hinges and removed all metal from the glass. I felt the metal detracted from the look. I added wrap-around wooden trim on all four corners and felt this really made it feel more expensive. The trim in the front is adhered to the glass by 3M automotive tape. As you can see I also added decorative molding to the bottom that is about an inch higher than the bottom shelf. This creates a groove for the front door to be placed into. I also created a top canopy that slides off. The way the whole thing works is that I take off the canopy and lift the front glass panel (including the trim) out of the bottom where it slides into place in order to get in it. Then when the front panel is back in place I slide the canopy back on and it locks the front panel into place. Desiree seemed pretty impressed with it.

I still need to add lighting, but wanted to get all the construction done first to see what I am dealing with. My plan is to tie the lighting into the wall fixture that is just above it, so when we turn the downstairs lights on, it will also turn on.

It was hard getting a decent picture as glass is not easy to photograph. Hopefully you can get the idea. Click on the picture and you can see it closer up.

Photo Sep 13, 4 24 05 PM.jpg