Phoenix Board #196: Next HasLab Project, Gonk Droids and Darth Maul's Disney + Series?

Reaction score
I picked up the TVC power droid at Priest/Elliot WM. Left 3 Wolffe, 2 stormy Luke, 2 K2-SO.

I found the wave at a Target earlier in the week, minus the power droid. It’s a weird case ratio, and I was hoping to find a 1x packed droid before I posted. According to Popfindr most local Targets got one case this week, but most quickly dwindled in numbers and I couldn’t find the power droid until now at WM. The wave is obviously hitting WM now too.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Same here. I received shipping information from HasbroPulse for the VC Commander Wolffe. I also saw that I was charged for another VC item, so I assume I will get notice for it too soon.
I just received shipping notice for K-2SO. Hasbro is going to end up going bankrupt due to free shipping charges because they ship everything separately. So STUPID!

UPDATE: Fed Ex just sent notice now and they are both scheduled to be here on Thursday. Get a clue Hasbro!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just received shipping notice for K-2SO. Hasbro is going to end up going bankrupt due to free shipping charges because they ship everything separately. So STUPID!

UPDATE: Fed Ex just sent notice now and they are both scheduled to be here on Thursday. Get a clue Hasbro!
Yep, same here, amazing business practice and so environmentally unfriendly.

Reaction score
Accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

Picked up a couple of The Bounty Collection baby Yoda figures at the Fountain Hills Target today.

Reaction score
Found the latest wave of vintage collection at Walmart on 40th and thomas. Left behind 2 Luke's, a clone and a k2

Reaction score
Finally got around to picking these up today from GS. Had to wait until I had a day off they don't open until noon. Really love the Darth Revan.15968495340083844274778053285849.jpg

15968492699806993479137256914409.jpg

Reaction score
Got BS6 Ezra in the mail from EE yesterday I never got him the first time around. He looks great and love the new style boxes they should have some peg appeal to them when hanging in the stores you can see the artwork on the slanted side of the box.

15968499802584758793263347865529.jpg1596850020544792468064988709651.jpg

Reaction score
Hit up almost every Walmart and Target in the Mesa and Chandler area finally found the new vintage wave at the 202 and Gilbert Walmart they had one of each, left a K2 there.

Reaction score
I JUST received my PGM 20% off coupon code from Gentle Giant. It's been weeks since I signed back up. GREAT customer service.
This is that 20% off extra code for Platinum and Gold members if they re signed back up to be a member by the end of July so they had to wait till the end of July to issue these codes and then I think each code is specific to that person so it took them some time but getting it in the first week of August isn't actually too bad.

"To make up for this, Gentle Giant Ltd. will be discounting our 2020 Platinum and Gold Membership for any returning Premier Guild Member who rejoins within the month of July. Rejoining in July is important as it will enable you to take part in voting for the 2020 Premier Guild Exclusive. Also, to thank you for becoming a 2020 Premier Guild Member in July you will receive a 20% off Coupon good for any in-stock or pre-order item.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to see you here "

Reaction score
Are any of you excited about this new Mission Fleet line? Personally, I would've preferred the continue the Jedi Force figures and I know I was one of the few that collected those.
I'm not planning on collecting this line but I did break down and buy the Boba Fett one today thought he looked pretty cool.

Reaction score
I'm not planning on collecting this line but I did break down and buy the Boba Fett one today thought he looked pretty cool.
Ya same here but I couldn't resist the Mandalorian/Child/Speeder set this morning at Target. The style is quite different than Galactic Heroes/Jedi Force but height wise, they're about the same. I may just mix them in. The child doesn't look half bad with the 3.75 Mandalorian figure either. The pram( I think thats what their calling it) isn't screen accurate. I'm guessing this was an early concept design because I've seen a Bluetooth speaker with the same design.

Reaction score
I picked up the TVC power droid at Priest/Elliot WM. Left 3 Wolffe, 2 stormy Luke, 2 K2-SO.

I found the wave at a Target earlier in the week, minus the power droid. It’s a weird case ratio, and I was hoping to find a 1x packed droid before I posted. According to Popfindr most local Targets got one case this week, but most quickly dwindled in numbers and I couldn’t find the power droid until now at WM. The wave is obviously hitting WM now too.
I found Wolfe, Luke and K-2S0 at 35th Ave/Southern this morning. I'll just keep my Gonk droid preorder at Hasbropulse for now.

Reaction score

That does match up pretty nicely, I may have to keep my eye out for that set.

Reaction score
I received an email from Target that my Pop! The Child (concerned) shipped.
I received The Child Pop with the cup and the one with the frog legs from Target today I'm really impressed with the one with the frog legs looks really good in person. Target should really teach Walmart a thing or two about shipping packages, it was free shipping with Target and everything had a ton of bubble wrap and everything was double boxed and bubble wrapped again nicely done Target!

Reaction score
Ya same here but I couldn't resist the Mandalorian/Child/Speeder set this morning at Target. The style is quite different than Galactic Heroes/Jedi Force but height wise, they're about the same. I may just mix them in. The child doesn't look half bad with the 3.75 Mandalorian figure either. The pram( I think thats what their calling it) isn't screen accurate. I'm guessing this was an early concept design because I've seen a Bluetooth speaker with the same design.

Okay. Some of these I may have to pick up and I definitely want the crib even if it's not perfectly accurate. Thanks for the pics.

Reaction score
Kinda Star Wars related

So I was feeling nostalgic and decided to buy a movie that starred Mark Hamill that I saw as a kid after seeing Star Wars. It's completely stupid, but I wanted it and Desiree was interested too. It's Corvette Summer. It arrived today and we're making a night of it tonight. Burgers, beers and Vettes.

Reaction score
Kinda Star Wars related

So I was feeling nostalgic and decided to buy a movie that starred Mark Hamill that I saw as a kid after seeing Star Wars. It's completely stupid, but I wanted it and Desiree was interested too. It's Corvette Summer. It arrived today and we're making a night of it tonight. Burgers, beers and Vettes.
The movie that messed up his face in a filming accident. He had to get plastic surgery prior to filming Empire if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
The movie that messed up his face in a filming accident. He had to get plastic surgery prior to filming Empire if I remember correctly.

Are you sure? He already had a different nose throughout this movie. I had always heard a motorcycle accident, but I've also heard that wasn't true either.

In this post they state it was in a BMW that he owned. Other websites seem to concur.

We enjoyed it way more than we expected to. Annie Potts is really cute in it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A tip/idea if you haven’t done it yet. You can get a backpack for your Rogue One tank stormtroopers out of the big weapon that comes with the Rey/Preatorian guard force link 2 pack. I just sliced the cannon/gun part of it and ended up with a nice backpack. I haven’t painted it yet. It is the one on the right.

3A97761C-94BB-46E2-9E29-C37450CE59EC.jpeg

Reaction score
Found the WM exclusive The Child (Force wielding) POP! at Greenfield/60 this morning. They had 12, and they also put out a bunch of the w/cup and w/frog variety. I stashed one each exclusive for Slave_1 and D_T.

No sign of the new TVC wave there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A tip/idea if you haven’t done it yet. You can get a backpack for your Rogue One tank stormtroopers out of the big weapon that comes with the Rey/Preatorian guard force link 2 pack. I just sliced the cannon/gun part of it and ended up with a nice backpack. I haven’t painted it yet. It is the one on the right.

View attachment 359658
Was this the one you were going for? I cant find any better pictures.

Reaction score
Are you sure? He already had a different nose throughout this movie. I had always heard a motorcycle accident, but I've also heard that wasn't true either.

In this post they state it was in a BMW that he owned. Other websites seem to concur.

We enjoyed it way more than we expected to. Annie Potts is really cute in it.
I think the first time I heard about this it was WAY before the internet age, I was probably a teenager and I have always just kept that in the back of my brain and I haven't really researched it but it reminded me when I saw you wife's post on FB.

Reaction score
Found the WM exclusive The Child (Force wielding) POP! at Greenfield/60 this morning. They had 12, and they also put out a bunch of the w/cup and w/frog variety. I stashed one each exclusive for Slave_1 and D_T.

Thanks for the message! I got the one you stashed; there were still several left on the shelf plus a lot of both The Child with Cup and Frog. I picked up the other two Child POPs! even though I received my package from Target a few days ago because I haven't opened it yet.

I went grocery shopping at Falcon Field Walmart today and picked up TVC Wolffe, K-2, Luke and Power Droid. I left a Luke and K-2 on the pegs. Surprised to see Wolffe on the pegs and stunned to see a Power Droid. I have these on order, but I always like finding figures in store.

Reaction score

Much appreciated on the heads-up and the stash!

Reaction score
Well, I got good news and bad news regarding my Pop! The Child (with cup)... I saved 91 cents due to the lowest price guarantee, bit was supposed to arrive yesterday and never did and Amazon sent an email stating it is running late. Hopefully today.

Reaction score
The Child plush from Mattel is on Rollback at Walmart--now $19.87--was $24.86.
Yeah. I've seen this in stores. It happened just after the Costco release. I have bought three of them at the higher price, but I am not sure I want to go through the trouble on trying to return them to Target and get new ones from Walmart. I will say I have gotten far more than $25 worth of enjoyment from mine.

Reaction score
I think the first time I heard about this it was WAY before the internet age, I was probably a teenager and I have always just kept that in the back of my brain and I haven't really researched it but it reminded me when I saw you wife's post on FB.
Yeah. For some reason I had always heard it was a motorcycle accident, but Hamill always denied it and he hasn't been very open to discussing what happened. I'm wondering if something happened that he's not proud of, like maybe he was intoxicated when it happened. I think '78 was long before the stringent DUI (or DWI back then) laws were in place.

Reaction score
Reaction score
HOPEFULLY we'll get some news on the HasLab VC project.
  Spoiler:  
Don't know how true this is but rumor has it it's a new Dagobah playset including the X-Wing from the swamp if true I would much rather have something else.

Reaction score
Most of you probably won't know or care because they didn't carry Star Wars items, but Master Replicas Group is shutting down again.

The only thing I was interested in was the far too expensive T-Rex skull replica.