Phoenix Board # 195: Mandalorian Season 2, Face Masks and TVC Offerings

Reaction score
Got my Slave1 from EE yesterday I'm anxious to see the weathering on it and how the stand works no time right now I'll have to get around to opening it later have to work this weekend. They shipped it in a big box I'm glad it had free shipping.

1590167867622-746170046.jpg

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Got my Slave1 from EE yesterday I'm anxious to see the weathering on it and how the stand works no time right now I'll have to get around to opening it later have to work this weekend. They shipped it in a big box I'm glad it had free shipping.

View attachment 353157
I look forward to your comments on it. I skipped it since I bought the other one years ago and can't say I see a need for both. If you can, post up some comparison pics.

Reaction score

View attachment 353157
I had forgotten about this one. Here's a good comparison video review:

Main new differences are:
Better weathering
Clear flight stand included
"New" carbonite block mold (reused from Jabbas playset
Cargo hold storage has a clear top

The improvements are nice but I'm in no rush to go buy the new one.

Reaction score
I had forgotten about this one. Here's a good comparison video review:

Main new differences are:
Better weathering
Clear flight stand included
"New" carbonite block mold (reused from Jabbas playset
Cargo hold storage has a clear top

The improvements are nice but I'm in no rush to go buy the new one.
Yeah. I'm kind of with you on that. I think I will wait to see what happens with it.

Reaction score
I also received the Pop! Vader Meditation chamber yesterday.

I had no idea Vader's helmet was inside the dome of the chamber. That's pretty cool, but you can't see it super well.

Is Vader supposed to come out. There's a square peg in his butt and mine comes off, but I don't see how he can be removed from the chamber since his head is so big. Did the glue just come loose on mine?

Reaction score
Finally scored Retro Boba Fett!! At OfferUp. It was 20, but as much as I’ve been hunting (and I haven’t hunted for a figure like this in a while) I was ok with it. It was a good day, because not only that, but

I GOT ENGAGED!!
I asked her on our hike today.
F94D24C2-0E79-48C2-BDB0-C32D9004BA1B.jpegWith the world in craziness, I wanted to find a little happy.

Reaction score
Finally scored Retro Boba Fett!! At OfferUp. It was 20, but as much as I’ve been hunting (and I haven’t hunted for a figure like this in a while) I was ok with it. It was a good day, because not only that, but

I GOT ENGAGED!!
I asked her on our hike today.
With the world in craziness, I wanted to find a little happy.

CONGRATS!!! That Retro Boba Fett is the best thing that could've happened to you.

Just kidding. That's great news.

Reaction score
There is such an incredible history of SW anniversary posters. The ESB 40th anniversary poster by Matt Ferguson is fantastic but I can't find anywhere to buy it. Even the artist (via twitter) doesn't know how fans can purchase it. has anyone read anything on how to get one? Would Disney really miss a chance to sell something like this?

Reaction score
Congratulations The Sixth Sense! Did you get down in one knee? 👍🏼 I think so the Miss looks happy. 💍
Uhh. Yeah. So we are on a rocky trail, I just turn and take her hand and ask her.
Her: glances at ground
Me: glances at ground (noticing all the small rocks)
Me: Do I have to get down on one knee ?
Her: Its a thing.
Me: dropping to a knee, hot rocks and all, Will you marry me” stands up and brushed MANY little rocks off my knee....

Reaction score
I ended up cancelling the two Talking The Child Plush dolls that I had pre-ordered back in December. They just don't look as cute as the current plush that we own and the sound effects don't sound incredible based on the video on the Target web page. Desiree felt the same way. The 11" plush looks far more accurate and has glossy, hard plastic eyes, where this one just looks like they painted the vinyl. The eyes are what makes it seem so real.

1590514869933.png

Reaction score
GameStop has a deal going on where you can get $45 (30% off) on the VC Slave I and FREE shipping.

Get 15% off when you spend $50+ on Pre-Owned Games valued 19.99 or less, Pre-Owned Accessories, and/or Collectibles! Get 25% off $75+, 30% off $100+!

1590595702864.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
GameStop has a deal going on where you can get $45 (30% off) on the VC Slave I and FREE shipping.

Get 15% off when you spend $50+ on Pre-Owned Games valued 19.99 or less, Pre-Owned Accessories, and/or Collectibles! Get 25% off $75+, 30% off $100+!

View attachment 353600
Wow it's on sale already I guess I should have waited, I honestly forgot I even preordered it from EE.That was $36 out the window. At least I saved on tax GS you have almost $9 in tax with EE they didn't charge me tax.

Reaction score
Wow it's on sale already I guess I should have waited, I honestly forgot I even preordered it from EE.That was $36 out the window. At least I saved on tax GS you have almost $9 in tax with EE they didn't charge me tax.
Yeah. It's hard to avoid getting excited about new things when up for pre-order and then you get screwed on the discounts later. That's why I try to buy form some place I can return to. I'm still holding on it to see what happens. I just have a feeling it's not going to be a big seller right now and will drop even more.

Reaction score
First time I set foot at Walmart since early March. Got all of the retros (minus Bespin Luke who is still delayed) from Walmart.com (Ship to store), picked them up yesterday (ordered them on February 22). All of them were shipped from different places at different times. Lando and Yoda came from CA in a plastic envelope with nothing inside as cushion. Leia came from TX and came in a small box where it was crammed with 1 air pillow. Fett came locally from Phoenix and came like Leia in a very small box with a couple of air pillows. Han came also from Phoenix but in a larger box with nice padding. Not sure why they were not shipped as a case. Go figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score