Phoenix Board # 195: Mandalorian Season 2, Face Masks and TVC Offerings

Reaction score
I have the Vader, Maul, Stormtrooper, and Sand trooper, and spider-man samurai figures. They are pretty sweet. At that price I may add the snowtroooer and Jango.
They are really cool. I have v1 Vader, stormtrooper, sandtrooper, the con excl. black pauldron sandtrooper, Boba, red guard, snowtrooper, Jango, Maul, Kylo and Phasma.

So far I've passed on the other stormtrooper versions (including FO) and C-3PO.

Reaction score

You can get the Bandai samurai SW figures 2 for $100. Not a bad price.
They may have changed it since you posted. I'm seeing them at $50 each. No second one required.
Unfortunately, I was a day too late. The sale ended yesterday. I would have liked to pick up the FO Movie Realization Stormtrooper. I only wanted the one figure so I wasn't interested in the 2 for $100. I wish I would have seen Ares' post before this morning on the $50 each.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Unfortunately, I was a day too late. The sale ended yesterday. I would have liked to pick up the FO Movie Realization Stormtrooper. I only wanted the one figure so I wasn't interested in the 2 for $100. I wish I would have seen Ares' post before this morning on the $50 each.
ComicCon ended yesterday, so that makes sense. Sorry. Had I known you were interested I would've texted you. This is why I try to check the computer when I get up and before go to bed (and from time to time throughout the day). I just leave a tab open to the forum at all times.

Reaction score
You could always build a pirate ship. That's what I started on Friday. My last one had to be tossed since it was in pretty worn out shape.
Nice. That would be too big of a project for me, I do a lot of work around the house myself so that keeps me busy.

Reaction score
ComicCon ended yesterday, so that makes sense. Sorry. Had I known you were interested I would've texted you. This is why I try to check the computer when I get up and before go to bed (and from time to time throughout the day). I just leave a tab open to the forum at all times.
I thought I checked the Forums when I was online last night but I may have missed the post or didn't have the urgency to go to the site right away and forgot about it before logging off. Not a big deal; I would like to get that figure, but it's not a must have.

Reaction score
So last week I mentioned buying a discounted Cupcake display. I finally got some time to mess with it. The spacing between shelves is too small for Star Wars Pop! figures. In the pictures below I added some spacers between the shelves, but this doesn't allow you to fully insert the screws. Even with the spacers it's pretty limited on space. It's also not supposed have every other shelf rotated like this. They're supposed to be all square to each other, but I did this to allow for more room. Not sure I care for the idea as much as I thought I would. Plus to really make it work I would either need to get some longer screws and thicker spacers or replace the acrylic dowels with longer dowels. The second option would probably be easier as the screws are threaded on both ends, so they may be hard to find.

I'm going to try these out with Galactic Heroes and see if I like that at all and if not give Desiree the chance to use them as her Pop! figures aren't bobbleheads and don't have display stands and she's been making noise about them ever since they arrived. Even though I asked her if she wanted any when I bought them.

Worst case I send them back to Amazon since they have free returns.

1595887512716.png 1595887528952.png

Reaction score
So last week I mentioned buying a discounted Cupcake display. I finally got some time to mess with it. The spacing between shelves is too small for Star Wars Pop! figures. In the pictures below I added some spacers between the shelves, but this doesn't allow you to fully insert the screws. Even with the spacers it's pretty limited on space. It's also not supposed have every other shelf rotated like this. They're supposed to be all square to each other, but I did this to allow for more room. Not sure I care for the idea as much as I thought I would. Plus to really make it work I would either need to get some longer screws and thicker spacers or replace the acrylic dowels with longer dowels. The second option would probably be easier as the screws are threaded on both ends, so they may be hard to find.

I'm going to try these out with Galactic Heroes and see if I like that at all and if not give Desiree the chance to use them as her Pop! figures aren't bobbleheads and don't have display stands and she's been making noise about them ever since they arrived. Even though I asked her if she wanted any when I bought them.

View attachment 358774 View attachment 358775
Looks nice definitely doesn't look like a cheap display and it works well. The only real downside I see is you'll have to display it somewhere where you can walk all the way around it so you can see all of the Pops. Some of the other wall shelves or other shelving you showed with the Death Star might be a little more practical for viewing, but it really depends on what makes you happy.

Reaction score

View attachment 358774 View attachment 358775
I like it! Unfortunately 95% of mine are boxed, so that wouldn't work for me.

Reaction score
Update to the cupcake stand...

I reconfigured it without the spacers and mixed the shelf sizes up a bit and tried displaying the Pop! figures. I kind of like it that way better.

Then I tried them with Jedi Force/Galactic Heroes figures. I definitely think they fit the Smaller figures much better.

1595895057937.png 1595895135890.png

Something I had never realized is there is no Leia, OT Lando or Emperor in the Jedi Force figure line.

Desiree is trying out her Pop! figures on it now. I may lose these shelves anyway or end up buying more. I do have to say I wouldn't mind a shelf unit for each of the OT movies and then one for PT and one for ST.

These would probably work well for LEGO too.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I reconfigured it without the spacers and mixed the shelf sizes up a bit and tried displaying the Pop! figures. I kind of like it that way better.

Then I tried them with Jedi Force/Galactic Heroes figures. I definitely think they fit the Smaller figures much better.

View attachment 358778 View attachment 358779

Something I had never realized is there is no Leia, OT Lando or Emperor in the Jedi Force figure line.

Desiree is trying out her Pop! figures on it now. I may lose these shelves anyway or end up buying more. I do have to say I wouldn't mind a shelf unit for each of the OT movies and then one for PT and one for ST.

I spy The Child (eating the frog) Pop. Yum frog legs for dinner.

Reaction score
Got a shipping notice from Gamestop for one of my 2 SW Gaming POP's! They shipped Revan, and are preparing to ship the Shadow Stormtrooper. Like Hasbro, you have to wonder how much money they have to burn by shipping everything separately.

Reaction score

Yeah I agree, they seem to work better with the Jedi Force figures. I wonder how they would look with the Titaniums ships. I've been trying to figure out a way to display all mine.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, they seem to work better with the Jedi Force figures. I wonder how they would look with the Titaniums ships. I've been trying to figure out a way to display all mine.
Probably pretty good. I would show you, but all of mine are packed away right now.

It's looking like Desiree is going to end up keeping these. They fit her Pop! figures better than mine and I'm not ready for a Jedi Force/Galactic Heroes display yet and I would need more of the cupcake shelves and for some reason they're no longer on clearance on Amazon.

Reaction score
Those cupcake

I might try one of those for my Funko Mystery Mini collection some day. I should be able to get all the figures on the stand.

Reaction score
Got my BS6 Plo Koon yesterday, looks like a nice figure haven't opened it yet not sure if his mask comes off or not.

Reaction score
It's nice to see Star Wars TV getting some formal awards recognition.

Superherohype said:
Disney+’s original Star Wars series, The Mandalorian, got off to a strong start with 15 Emmy nominations. That includes a Best Drama Series nomination, as well as a nod for guest star Giancarlo Esposito. However, Taika Waititi had an acting nomination as well for Best Voice-Over Performance for his turn as IG-11. Additionally, The Mandalorian dominated technical categories including production design, editing, makeup, music composition, sound editing, sound mixing, stunt coordination, and special visual effects.

The Mandalorian also received nominations for Outstanding Cinematography and Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes. The series may be a longshot in the Best Drama category, but it seems likely to clean up in the other fields.

Reaction score
It's nice to see Star Wars TV getting some formal awards recognition.
Yes! Can't believe they got 15 nominations, especially that Best Drama Series. Think that is the first true Sci Fi show to get one since Star Trek TNG(Game of Thrones is more Fantasy than Sci Fi).