Phoenix Board # 195: Mandalorian Season 2, Face Masks and TVC Offerings

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
BBTS has an EFX Stormtrooper wearable helmet available for pre-order.

$269.99 (Not a horrid price)

1595511427431.png

This was supposedly taken from the original molds, which means it will be the wonky, asymmetrical version. Personally, I prefer the symmetrical version with the molded vents that Hasbro created, but if you want it to be authentic to the OT, this may work for you.

Reaction score
Sith Jet Trooper @ Amazon is up.

Since I already have a Pop! Sith Trooper and this one doesn't do a lot for me and I am trying to slow my Pop! buying down, I am going to pass on this one. It's just getting so out of hand.

Reaction score
And on that Pop! note, I have just ordered two of these cupcake display stands to try out for displaying Pop! figures. They're normally $32.99 and they are marked down to $16.66 with FREE returns (if they don't work out). The shelves are 4" from each other, so it could be a close fit, but I figure it's worth trying out. I could also use it for Galactic Heroes or the mini helmets that came out years ago or any number of things.

1595512877962.png

Reaction score
Looks like just a prototype right now and I do like the character Babu, but I just think there are so many other SW busts that could be made instead of this.

"This C-3PO mini bust is inspired by The Rise of Skywalker and features the lovable mechanic Babu Frik. It is hard to tell from the angle of the image but the back of the head will be open. We were told by Diamond Select Toys that the color scheme of C-3PO will be movie accurate, so expect a metallic-like finish."

Reaction score
Looks like just a prototype right now and I do like the character Babu, but I just think there are so many other SW busts that could be made instead of this.
I actually like the idea of this bust. I wouldn't have minded a larger version of Babu Frik, but I'm guessing they wanted to keep it to the same 1:6 scale of the other mini busts. I wonder if 3PO will have red eyes. Hopefully he has a bunch of wires coming out of the back of his head. It looks like the back panel to his head has been removed.

Reaction score
A few of the sites are announcing that the Millennium Falcon will be up for pre-order again tomorrow at 10am EST in limited quantities. Dammit! I took tomorrow off work and was going to try and sleep in a bit longer than that. GOOD LUCK to any of you attempting this.

1595526660615.png

Reaction score
I got the Millennium Falcon!!! WOO HOO!!!

I figure it's a no lose scenario... First off I get $20 off with the red card. It's a pre-order, so I can cancel at anytime. Since it's a red card order, I get free shipping and if for any reason I decide I don't want it, I can return it to the store and no loss on my part.

UPDATE: 1 hour later and the Falcon is still available. It looks like there's a limit of two per order, but I don't see anything stopping from placing a second order. It also doesn't look like there's going to be a shortage of these. I just wished they would've added more of Captain Cardinal and maybe that Pop! Droid. I kind of like him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If theaters ever open back up this would be a must-do way to see a movie.

As long as I wouldn't have to share the pod with strangers, I'd be all over this. Just not sure it would work well if you came as only a couple and 12 other seats sat empty. Not that it matters since COVID is ruining everything.

bac

Reaction score
I got the Millennium Falcon!!! WOO HOO!!!

I figure it's a no lose scenario... First off I get $20 off with the red card. It's a pre-order, so I can cancel at anytime. Since it's a red card order, I get free shipping and if for any reason I decide I don't want it, I can return it to the store and no loss on my part.
Pretty much my exact logic.

bac

Reaction score
The Millennium Falcon finally sold out at a bit after an hour.
Awesome on two counts.

1) Folks had ample opportunity to order

2) It shows Target and Hasbro -- twice now -- that there's a retail market for higher end Star Wars TVC toys.

I have my Legacy Falcon sitting right next to the Barge at the moment. If you didn't know the prices you'd think they were comparable.

Can't wait to see what the HasLab is.

bac

Reaction score
Have you heard anything about when it's supposed to be announced? I kind of figured we would at least hear by this weekend.
Hasbro said "August or September" in their announcement.

Marvel's current HasLab doesn't wrap up until the end of August.

I don't see Hasbro overlapping them with some crossover fan base.

My prediction for the TVC HasLab reveal is mid-September, especially if it's the Razor Crest to tie into S2 of The Mandalorian. We'll have seen the trailer by then.

Reaction score
Hasbro said "August or September" in their announcement.

Marvel's current HasLab doesn't wrap up until the end of August.

I don't see Hasbro overlapping them with some crossover fan base.

My prediction for the TVC HasLab reveal is mid-September, especially if it's the Razor Crest to tie into S2 of The Mandalorian. We'll have seen the trailer by then.
I hadn't heard "August or September", but that's not too bad.

What makes you think it's going to be the Razor Crest? I'm definitely not opposed to it, but I hope they make it true to scale.

bac

Reaction score
What makes you think it's going to be the Razor Crest? I'm definitely not opposed to it, but I hope they make it true to scale.
Not necessarily going to be, but could be. They could price it in the $300 range, have stretch goals like the carbonite blocks and a carded Baby Yoda, and it would be a hit.

The other options like Death Star and Blockade Runner are tougher sells imho. Mandalorian is simply hotter right now.

Truth be told I want it to be a Sandcrawler with attachments to switch between Mandalorian and movie modes. Stretch goals: muddy Mandalorian with Mudhorn egg, Kuill w/ship parts cart.

Reaction score
I received shipping notice from HasbroPulse for my BS6 Plo Koon.
I got my BS6 Han in carbonite, Zuckuss and 4-Lom today from HP. Looks like my BS6 Plo Koon, (Geonosis Red)BD, and my BS6 Snowspeeder will be here early next week from EE.

15956267439004518722657185493180.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I received notice that my BS6 Obi-Wan, Anakin and Battle Droid have shipped. I don't get HasbroPulse. They ship everything separate. If they would get someone to handle their ordering/inventory system a bit better, they could see multiple items for the same customer were going to be ready to ship within days of each other and ship them all at the same time. They must lose a lot of money in shipping costs. Plus a lot of packaging is wasted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I received notice that my BS6 Obi-Wan, Anakin and Battle Droid have shipped. I don't get HasbroPulse. They ship everything separate. If they would get someone to handle their ordering/inventory system a bit better, they could see multiple items for the same customer were going to be ready to ship within days of each other and ship them all at the same time. They must lose a lot of money in shipping costs. Plus a lot of packaging is wasted.
Same thing here with EE 3 things coming all shipped separately with free shipping.

Reaction score
Used the vacation time I had originally planned to take for SDCC to go camping for a couple days Instead, and got home to see my Hallmark probe droid ornament came today.

Reaction score
Hey! Maybe. They're almost as large as a lightsaber, but that could be.
My BS6 Snowspeeder showed up early I got it today, very nice vehicle. The two cylindrical things you were talking about are definitely grenades one can be applied to each side of the cockpit with the others.

Reaction score
I have now received shipping notice from HasbroPulse on the BS6 Kit Fisto. So that's four figures all shipping separately.

I also received shipping notice from Amazon for the Pop! The Child (eating the frog). It arrives tomorrow.

UPDATE: Just found out I saved 49 cents on the Child Pop! due to Lowest Price Guarantee. WOO HOO!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score

You can get the Bandai samurai SW figures 2 for $100. Not a bad price.

Reaction score
I have the Vader, Maul, Stormtrooper, and Sand trooper, and spider-man samurai figures. They are pretty sweet. At that price I may add the snowtroooer and Jango.