Phoenix Board # 194: Toy Fair, TROS Home Theater Release & The Clone Wars Final Season

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the sudden EE charges. That's why I like to pay off a lot of my big purchases like Sideshow and Hot Toys upfront, so I don't get any sudden surprises. You may want to watch HasbroPulse as well, as I have received some of their items early with no notice.

As far as things being opened, I believe some restaurants are allowed to open on Monday as long as they meet certain criteria. Salons and barbers opened yesterday, so you could get yourself a "big city" haircut.

Reaction score
Target actually has the 11" plush Child back up for pre-order and supposedly shipping tomorrow, which is what they have listed as its release date. They sent mine to me weeks ago.

If you have a redcard, then you'll actually get it a bit cheaper this way and not have to deal with the public.

1589042801263.png

Reaction score
Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the sudden EE charges. That's why I like to pay off a lot of my big purchases like Sideshow and Hot Toys upfront, so I don't get any sudden surprises. You may want to watch HasbroPulse as well, as I have received some of their items early with no notice.

As far as things being opened, I believe some restaurants are allowed to open on Monday as long as they meet certain criteria. Salons and barbers opened yesterday, so you could get yourself a "big city" haircut.
I actually love doing take out, totally enjoying all the different places to eat as we are only eating at restaurants that we never eat at in Tucson. I took Wahl clippers to my hair with a #4. I look like a who knows what, I keep getting called sir. LOL I was just hoping to locate a nice comic book store, or something like. I have my work cut out for me today anyway though, I slept in, so gotta make up time.

Reaction score
Kielbassa- I already received shipping notice for the Pop! Artoo you texted about. That's fast!
i picked up one at Red Mtn Target, but the box was damaged, and the rest were gone. I found a good one at Gilbert/Southern. Now that I see them side by side, one R2 has a good muddy Dagobah look on the legs and underneath the body. The other is more of a light wash like an ANH Tatooine dirty look. I’ll probably keep them both.

777D3141-F89D-4F7C-A886-3D1FCB043F62.jpeg91DDCFC6-2530-45CE-92C9-8128635290FA.jpeg

Reaction score
Today Desiree and I went off to the park for a bike ride and hike. While we were away, the Child discovered books, so he spent his time reading.

1589169095641.png 1589169115066.png

Then a shipment from Target arrived and he was pretty excited. I'm still not sure if I am keeping it, but I haven't told him yet.

1589169137142.png

Reaction score
I'm guessing Kielbassa will be dropping around $250 soon...

He comes with a jetpack, his regular Rex helmet and an Ahsoka helmet.
I'm pretty happy with Sideshow's Phase 2 Rex. If HT releases a 332nd clone trooper with that helmet I'll probably get it.

Reaction score
He's just a little older than me, but it's nice to see we have similar taste in reading glasses style.
Actually those are mine and I'm just a little older than you too. I get them from Home Depot because they're cheap and take a half way decent beating. I put them on him and just started cracking up. Desiree did the same when she saw him.

Reaction score
Actually those are mine and I'm just a little older than you too. I get them from Home Depot because they're cheap and take a half way decent beating. I put them on him and just started cracking up. Desiree did the same when she saw him.
I think I got mine at Walmart or Fry's. Same reasons. Over the counter readers are good enough for me. No prescription or brand-name frames.

Reaction score
Don't you hate how Sideshow and Hot Toys have competing products?
Especially more recently. It seems like one will reveal a figure of the same character shortly after the other. I don't pre-order much anymore.

Reaction score
Especially more recently. It seems like one will reveal a figure of the same character shortly after the other. I don't pre-order much anymore.
You mean like two life-sized The Childs? I know what you mean. They also did the same thing back when I got the Premium Format Boba Fett. Hot Toys had one in the same scale releasing right around the same time.

Reaction score
Be very mindful of your shipments. In the last couple of weeks I have had an item with Fed Ex get damaged and they did not inform Walmart, so I had to take the initiative to call and get Walmart to re-ship my items.

Then yesterday UPS dropped off a package for my neighbor to me and left one of mine with him and Fed Ex marked a package as delivered even though I never saw it, but they had no proof of delivery online. Then this morning I checked again and now it's with USPS for delivery today.

Also, this morning UPS sent me an email stating a package that I was informed would be delivered today, would not be. Not sure what is going on with that one yet.

I think all the additional stress and extra deliveries is getting to the delivery workers and they're making mistakes.

Reaction score
You need to give an idea on what the subject is or we don't know we want to read it.
It is about casting for Mandalorian. I only put spoilers because someone complained when I talked about who I talked about last time I posted. I don't think I needed to put spoilers since we all discussed Rosario Dawson, but someone didn't like what I posted without spoilers last time about casting and I didn't want to rock the boat.

Reaction score
Shouldn't the arms be white/grey? It looks like his pants may be the same color as well.

And does he wear the hood in the Clone Wars? I can't find any pictures of it.

View attachment 352320
That’s why I said “inspired”. The arms were going to be my biggest obstacle since I was going to have to remove the arms from the torso and that requires cracking it. I’m still not completely done as I want to add to the forearms and belt. I modeled the hood after his rebels design. Still want to work on a true CW Maul. 859AF293-0578-41F6-AEB3-3E2AC4AF11AE.jpeg859AF293-0578-41F6-AEB3-3E2AC4AF11AE.jpeg

Reaction score
That’s why I said “inspired”. The arms were going to be my biggest obstacle since I was going to have to remove the arms from the torso and that requires cracking it. I’m still not completely done as I want to add to the forearms and belt. I modeled the hood after his rebels design. Still want to work on a true CW Maul.
For some reason your pictures keep posting twice.

Have you ever tried using Super Sculpey? It allows you to sculpt your own parts and even add to existing parts and it basically becomes plastic-like and it's paintable. This way you could whittle the arms down a bit and create the armor on your own without removing them.

Reaction score
It is about casting for Mandalorian. I only put spoilers because someone complained when I talked about who I talked about last time I posted. I don't think I needed to put spoilers since we all discussed Rosario Dawson, but someone didn't like what I posted without spoilers last time about casting and I didn't want to rock the boat.
And I agree with that someone that complained, because there are some people that steer clear of the fan sites to avoid spoilers, but if you want others to know whether it's safe for them to click on your spoiler link you need to at least give a general idea what the spoiler is about without any details, like "Mandalorian casting" or something like that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mandalorian casting.
Now this I am REALLY looking forward to!!!:
  Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  
I don't share in your enthusiasm at all. After watching her in multiple seasons of The Flash play an unbelievably annoying character, I could do without her. I didn't watch Battlestar Galactica, but everything I have seen her in did not impress me in the slightest. Probably the best performance I have seen her in was a cameo on The Big Bang Theory and that's only because it was somewhat comical.

I really hate that they're pulling all of these characters from Rebels and Clone Wars into The Mandalorian. They don't need to be there.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I don't share in your enthusiasm at all. After watching her in multiple seasons of The Flash play an unbelievably annoying character, I could do without her. I didn't watch Battlestar Galactica, but everything I have seen her in did not impress me in the slightest. Probably the best performance I have seen her in was a cameo on The Big Bang Theory and that's only because it was somewhat comical.

I really hate that they're pulling all of these characters from Rebels and Clone Wars into The Mandalorian. They don't need to be there.
While I’m super excited to see more live action Star Wars, I hope this is just a 1, maybe 2 episode thing. Mandalorian does extremely well on its own, and doesn’t need a lot of fan service-y stuff as there’s already enough to love.
Im guessing it’s Filoni’s dream come true- but let there be separation in stories, spread out the good.... That’s how you build a universe- not by cramming all cool characters into one place.

Reaction score
While I’m super excited to see more live action Star Wars, I hope this is just a 1, maybe 2 episode thing. Mandalorian does extremely well on its own, and doesn’t need a lot of fan service-y stuff as there’s already enough to love.
Im guessing it’s Filoni’s dream come true- but let there be separation in stories, spread out the good.... That’s how you build a universe- not by cramming all cool characters into one place.

Agreed! I'm just worried they're going to do like they did recently in Clone Wars and take a character like Ahsoka and focus on her for 3 episodes that are completely irrelevant to the series. The show is called The Mandalorian. I want it to be about THE Mandalorian (Din Djarin).

Reaction score
Yakface.com posted up a Black Series rumor with this hint...

1589465904397.png

Obviously this is going to be a Black Series Mandalorian Helmet. If this is the case I may want to hold on building mine. If this is anything like the quality of the Boba Fett helmet, it will definitely meet my needs for trooping.

Reaction score
Yakface.com posted up a Black Series rumor with this hint...

View attachment 352531

Obviously this is going to be a Black Series Mandalorian Helmet. If this is the case I may want to hold on building mine. If this is anything like the quality of the Boba Fett helmet, it will definitely meet my needs for trooping.
I thought it was confirmed a few days back....or maybe it was just a photoshopped pic

Reaction score
I have an extra wave 1 retro Darth Vader figure if anyone needs one. The card is damaged. PM me if interested.