Phoenix Board # 194: Toy Fair, TROS Home Theater Release & The Clone Wars Final Season

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Clone Wars Final Episode...

Spoiler:  
I absolutely loved the last scene with the Snowtroopers and Probe Droids and Vader. That was very cool and unexpected.

The rest of the episode fell short for me. The whole thing with switching levels while fighting seemed odd. One second Ahsoka is killing Clones and the next she's claiming she will not do it. Then later she's deflecting laser blasts into them. I definitely liked the last episode better.

Reaction score
Clone Wars Final Episode...

Spoiler:  
I absolutely loved the last scene with the Snowtroopers and Probe Droids and Vader. That was very cool and unexpected.

The rest of the episode fell short for me. The whole thing with switching levels while fighting seemed odd. One second Ahsoka is killing Clones and the next she's claiming she will not do it. Then later she's deflecting laser blasts into them. I definitely liked the last episode better.
  Spoiler:  
I loved the episode. Obviously not as great as the last two, but still awesome. Liked Maul tearing apart the hyperdrive, and Ahsoka trying to split her time between fighting the clones, defending Rex, and protecting the droids. Loved the scene where she is stopping Maul from taking off and it is just a battle of wills between them. Great scene with her in freefall trying to get to the ship. Very sad at the end where she is standing in front of the helmets, I think she is realizing that her decision to leave the Order was the right one. Surprised she left her Saber, it looks like the one she had in Rebels. I guess she was able to build the exact same one years later.
And yes, that was an amazing scene at the end. At first I thought they were on Hoth with the Snowtroopers, then I realized that winter had come to whatever planet the fallen Star Destroyer had crashed on. Very powerful scene with Vader. I was very surprised. I will miss this show tremendously.

Reaction score
Received my BS The Child today from Target.com, pretty small, although a bit oversized for the 3.75” line. It doesn’t look that bad right next to those figures.

Reaction score
Received my BS The Child today from Target.com, pretty small, although a bit oversized for the 3.75” line. It doesn’t look that bad right next to those figures.
Mine was supposed to show up yesterday, but I'm noticing Fed Ex is not keeping up on deliveries. One of mine seems to be lost.

I did receive an email showing my BS6 The Child out for delivery, so fingers are crossed.

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about it. Not really loving that they show the bottom of the helmet. It just doesn't appeal to me to see the bottom of his balaclava. And there's something weird about his lower half. It just looks small. It looks like he wears a size 6 - 8 in shoes and his knee armor seems really small too.

I will say from owning a framed Harley Quinn Sideshow art piece that they are really nice.

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to show up yesterday, but I'm noticing Fed Ex is not keeping up on deliveries. One of mine seems to be lost.

I did receive an email showing my BS6 The Child out for delivery, so fingers are crossed.
I originally had him ordered from Walmart.com and Pulse but then last month there was a 20% off sale at Target.com that I ran into it by chance when trying to order household stuff so I added him and cancelled the other orders.

Let me know if you agree (or not) that it doesn't look that out of scale with the 3.75" figures.

Reaction score
Personally, I would say they missed on either scale.

Sideshow has the life-size statue at 16.5" tall including what looks to be about a 2" base, so that would make him 14.5" tall. That would put it about 5" under the middle of my knee. Now considering I am at least 4" taller than Pedro Pascal, this would put the top of the Child much closer to his knee level. This is all if Sideshow has it sized correctly. Hasbro's plush version is only 10" tall, which this is much closer to being correct if Hasbro's plush size is correct, but I always expected it was not.

The part that bugs me is I paid $10 for this figure and while I am not sorry that I have it, I feel I was kind of bent over while paying for it. There is nothing here. Yes, they do include a small plastic case to hold the frog, shifter knob and cup, but they're all pretty useless when it comes to the Child figure since he can't hold the cup or the shifter knob. The Child does have articulated neck, arms, wrists and ankles, but all allow very limited movement and the arms pop out of their sockets super easily.

I am questioning if Sideshow's version is actually going to be a bit tall for being a 1:1 representation.

Hot Toys has their version at 14.17" (no base), so maybe Sideshow is correct. We may be able to tell more when we see future Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian episodes.

1588787551911.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I might eventually pick one up if I see it at retail.

Reaction score
Figured I’d ask here first before I go to OfferUp or eBay. Does anyone want these adidas nmd Darth Vader shoes size 10? Worn 1x for a few hours- they are 10, but fit like a 10.5 or even 11, which is why I took them off. Couldn’t get used to the extra room. I bought them for 140 in February but I’ll do 90 (finishlines current price on their last pair) the link is to finish line so you can get a good look.

Reaction score
Hasbro held a Q & A with a few of the sites and this one was a bit disappointing...

Q: Will the proto Boba Fett helmet be using the same mould as the original The Black Series Fett lid? You can see the sculpted weathering on the cheeks in the images you released last Friday.

A: Due too tooling costs, only the dome will be new, to remove the sculpted yet iconic dent in the helmet. The rest of the parts are reused, so any sculpted weathering will be present.

You can see the sculpted weathering in white in this picture. It's not going to deter me (or Desiree) from getting one, but it's still a bit disappointing.

1588867491482.png

Reaction score
I don't think the GG holographic Maul bust is going to have the sales they were hoping. I just checked the site and it's available. It went for sale for PGMs yesterday. I forget what the exact schedule is, but it just seems too easy to order one if I wanted to. Which I do not.

1588868596911.png

Reaction score
Which version of the child is this one? How tall is he? Is he all plush (besides the vinyl head?). My wife is now asking for one 😂

He's basically a pillow with arms and a plastic head. No feet. He has some sand or beans in him to make him sit pretty well without toppling over. He's 11" tall, which according to Sideshow and Hot Toys is too small. He's much nicer than I ever expected. I have the talking ones on order too, but the face doesn't look as cute on them. We'll see when they arrive.

Good luck finding one in stock. Did my Cinco de Mayo picture make her want one?

1588879305061.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's basically a pillow with arms and a plastic head. No feet. He has some sand or beans in him to make him sit pretty well without toppling over. He's 11" tall, which according to Sideshow and Hot Toys is too small. He's much nicer than I ever expected. I have the talking ones on order too, but the face doesn't look as cute on them. We'll see when they arrive.

Good luck finding one in stock. Did my Cinco de Mayo picture make her want one?

View attachment 351504
Thanks, the Cinco de Mayo pic was the last straw, the play date pic with Chewie and the Porg was the one that made her want one :)

Reaction score
I just cancelled my Hasbro order for the two Prototype Boba Fett helmets and pre-ordered both of them through BestBuy.com since I can return them there easily if the price were to drop at any point later. Best Buy has them at the same price and with FREE shipping as well.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi y'all! I know it's been months since I posted, I have been far too busy, still busy, but had to see how everyone was doing. My daughter and I are in Scottsdale moving my boss's stuff to his home in Tucson, he is now having to work from home with Covid. So of course I finally get to hang out in the big city and can't leave the apartment.

I have been getting lot's of "The Child" items' showing up at home. Found out Entertainment Earth is really bad about shipping items weeks early and not alerting you they are doing it, normally it wouldn't matter, but with times as they are last month was difficult and a few extra items shipping early did not help my bank account. I think from now on I will only pre-order from Amazon as they always let me know ahead of time. Getting things early is always awesome, but it helps to know a least a couple days before the money disappears from the bank account.

Has anything opened up this weekend with the new guidelines in place that I could check out tomorrow? Yes, I will be wearing my mask, and my apologies if you think it is too soon to venture out. I just never get to come to Phoenix and finally now that I do...... Sigh.......