Phoenix Board # 192: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorians, Disney +, More TVC Goodness

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
So I was just messing with my Samsung QLED TV and suddenly noticed on the bar where you select the different components or apps you want to use that it had a "Featured" area showing a Disney+ picture, so I clicked it and then it took me to a login page and I logged in and it loaded an app that works pretty much like Netflix does. This was AWESOME! It's super fast and has no issues loading up the content. So it seems like Samsung is jumping on the Disney+ bandwagon. Probably a good move considering Disney+ crashed this morning according to some articles I found on the web. This was probably the time when none of us could load anything.

There's more content than I ever expected on the first day. I mean you could watch the movie "The Black Hole" if you wanted to (Not sure I ever would want to) or old Disney movies form the 60s or documentaries. This will be fun to check out. I just need to get it working in the bedroom now. I checked out BestBuy.com and they have the Black Friday deals running already and I could get a 65" Samsung UHD 4K Smart TV for under $500. It's not near the quality of the QLED, but it's only for the bedroom and I usually keep the screen dimmed down anyway so we can fall asleep if we want to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I watched The Mandalorian and gotta say that I really liked it. Feels very Star Warish in my opinion Used my son’s X-box and worked just fine.

Reaction score
Mandalorian is fresh, I love it. Feels more like Star Wars then we have had in a long time.
Jayson aka Yakface said the Mandalorian offerings from Hasbro are pretty much all but a few shown at this point.
I hope he is wrong, This is gonna be the perfect series for figure and vehicle offerings.

Reaction score
I really liked The Mandalorian. It's a little slow, but it's just getting started. I like the darkness and I absolutely love all the classic Star Wars aspects of the movie. The music didn't drive me wild, but it could be different with each episode.

Afterwards I showed Desiree the TV I want to purchase for the bedroom and she's all for it. I may order it tomorrow and have it delivered this weekend. So far I am loving Disney+.

If you're an MCU fan, be sure to check out Marvel: Expanding the Universe. They tell you about all the upcoming Marvel series coming to Disney+. I'm pretty surprised at the level of it.

UPDATE: I got anxious and a new TV is due to arrive on Friday. Now I have to figure out what to do with the old one. It's a nice TV. It's just not smart or 4K and I will say I noticed the high resolution in the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apparently there’s a new change to the version of ANH that’s on D+, one that was approved by Lucas right before the sale.

Reaction score
It took a while, but I finally got the Disney + on my LG Smart TV. I really liked the Mandalorian as well. I agree that it started out a little slow, but it seems to always happen with origin stories. Can't wait for the second episode on Friday.

Reaction score
Every version of the OT on D+ has changes made. Too bad it's not the theatrical cuts.

Reaction score
Apparently there’s a new change to the version of ANH that’s on D+, one that was approved by Lucas right before the sale.
I had it playing yesterday while I worked, so I wasn't glued to it and didn't notice anything new. Any idea what the change was?

I did see that they show Boba Fett sooner in the scene where Jabba confronts Han in the Mos Eisley Hangar.

UPDATE:
And I just read that the scene with Han and Greedo has changed yet again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Disney + on a Sony TV or Sony BluRay player? I have been able to get it on my computer, Android phone, and LG TV but not Sony.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Disney + on a Sony TV or Sony BluRay player? I have been able to get it on my computer, Android phone, and LG TV but not Sony.
We got it on the PlayStation 4, so it works on that Sony product.

Reaction score
I got an email that my Amazon exclusive TVC Sith trooper (armory pack version) should be delivered by Monday. It hasn't shipped yet.

1573657346673.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yesterday I received two items appropriate for the day due to The Mandalorian... I ordered my third Mandalorian T-shirt and I also ordered a military style shirt that looks extremely close to what the Mandalorian wears. It's my first step into making a kit based in this character. Desiree is planning to do Cara Dune. We're hoping to have them together by Celebration 2020.

1573659291134.png

Reaction score
I just watched The Mandalorian again while having lunch and I caught a few more things.

Spoiler:  
When talking to the armorer, she asks about his signet being revealed. I wonder if this is considered Boba Fett's signet.

1573681494638.png

I also noticed that the netting covering the Yoda-baby's bassinet is the same stuff I have all over the place for my Halloween Pirate display. That stuff sucks too because it comes apart easily and gets in your eyes and nose. Though I wished I had more of it.

Oh and I finally have a good excuse to build me an Imperial Laser Cannon.

1573681691695.png

Reaction score
No I haven’t. Please let me know if you are able to do it. I searched online and the articles that I read indicate that you can’t download it on Sony BR players

Reaction score
Loved the Mandalorian. Watched the end 4 minutes a few times. I actually like the score, bounced between a western style, the only time I didn’t like it (and this is because of Carl Weathers involvement) is I picked up a slight “Rocky” training montage vibe....but I love scores/soundtracks so I was probably just thinking about it too much.

I have spoken.

Reaction score
So we had a changed of plans on the new bedroom TV and it worked to our advantage. I discussed with Desiree this morning that I didn't really want to deal with a delivery on Friday during work hours, so I cancelled the order and we decided to head over this evening. Plus I needed to return the AT-ST that I got for $80 anyway. Glad we did this because the 6 series TV doesn't support the new apps and would not have had the Disney+ app, so we ended up looking at the 7 series. We could've got the 55" for a little less than the 65" we were planning to get, which would've been good since we currently have a 52", but we ended up spending extra and getting the 65". The funny thing is Desiree is usually the one pushing for the bigger screen.

Another option would've been to buy a $150 Apple TV device, but neither of us were too big on that idea. So now I have a new TV I need to install. It probably won't happen to 'til the weekend.

Reaction score
Loved the Mandalorian. Watched the end 4 minutes a few times. I actually like the score, bounced between a western style, the only time I didn’t like it (and this is because of Carl Weathers involvement) is I picked up a slight “Rocky” training montage vibe....but I love scores/soundtracks so I was probably just thinking about it too much.

I have spoken.
So I checked for The Mandalorian on IMDB and to my surprise found that Carl Weathers is only listed for one episode. With all the hype beforehand about him, I would've expected a lot more. Unless maybe they're keeping things a secret, but other people are listed for more episodes.

Reaction score
It looks like the forum now does multiple quotes. I don't remember seeing that before. Also if you are typing in the new message at the bottom of the screen and click "reply" on someone's post it will quote their post in your new message.

Reaction score
It looks like the forum now does multiple quotes. I don't remember seeing that before. Also if you are typing in the new message at the bottom of the screen and click "reply" on someone's post it will quote their post in your new message.
You could do that in the old forum as well, I did it multiple times.

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have been hanging around for several months just reading everyone's posts. I often want to jump in and ask questions and make comments but I am an old 52 yr old female and I admit a bit embarrassed to jump in and comment. I am in Tucson incidentally, are any of you from Tucson?

I also admit to mainly collecting female characters, but I do love and collect some Luke and Vader figures and other items.

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have been hanging around for several months just reading everyone's posts. I often want to jump in and ask questions and make comments but I am an old 52 yr old female and I admit a bit embarrassed to jump in and comment. I am in Tucson incidentally, are any of you from Tucson?

I also admit to mainly collecting female characters, but I do love and collect some Luke and Vader figures and other items.
No need to be embarrassed. It'd be nice to have someone new. You actually only have one year on me. I've been collecting since I was 8. Not from Tuscon and not female. I may be the closest one located to you though. I'm in very south Chandler.

Reaction score
No need to be embarrassed. It'd be nice to have someone new. You actually only have one year on me. I've been collecting since I was 8. Not from Tuscon and not female. I may be the closest one located to you though. I'm in very south Chandler.
I've been imagining all of you in your twenties and thirties, nice to know I'm not the only one. We used to get to your area quite regularly but life is so hectic anymore I rarely make it out of town.

Reaction score
Just picked up Fallen order on PS4 with exclusive purge trooper. According to employee they do not yet have a sku for the purge troopers to buy separately. But I think GameStop will get another shipment and sell them separate since they usually have done this with exclusives. I’m sure a regular airborne trooper will come out as a repaint since this is the same thing. It’s pretty cool figure.

meanwhile checking Disney+ for when episode 2 of the mandalorian will hit.

Reaction score
Bad luck with shipments yesterday. My Amazon armory pack Sith Trooper arrived in a padded envelope, and the card was creased all the way across like it was folded in half. I'll be opening it, but I kind of liked it carded with the armory pack sticker on there.

My WM Knight of Ren Pop! arrived in a decent sized box, but they put in so much packing paper that the Pop! box is pretty well crushed. I didn't know there was such a thing as too much packing paper. Usually there's not enough!