Phoenix Board # 192: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorians, Disney +, More TVC Goodness

bac

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Disney+ will be like HBO and release one episode weekly for their series or like Netflix and release an entire season all at once?
Disney+ new shows will be released on a schedule and not in bulk like Netflix or Amazon, though not quite exactly weekly.

The Mandalorian episodes:
  • #101 – November 12.
  • #102 – November 15.
  • #103 – November 22.
  • #104 – November 29.
  • #105 – December 6.
  • #106 – December 13.
  • #107 – December 18.
  • #108 – December 27.

Reaction score
I saw the Black Series 6" C-3PO/Babu Frik at my local Target today on the pegs. There were a lot of them. I didn't know it was a Target exclusive until I saw the story of the front page of Rebelscum just now. I didn't try to buy one, but I guess I wouldn't have been able to since the story says they are locked until the 10th.

Reaction score
Walmart Gilbert Rd & Germann Rd - Shipped in aisle just outside of toys with many TVC Yavin Lukes and the Skywalker saga gold figures 2-packs. 3-4 BS6 Yoda Spirits, left them all. Picked up the last BS6 Jedi Jabbas Palace Luke, I believe both of these are Walmart exclusives.

Walmart AZ Ave & Pecos Rd - At least 6 TVC Jabba's Palace Playsets. TVC X-Wing pilot Lukes, Poes and 1 Skiff Lando.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Here's some quality QA work done at HasbroPulse. This is listed as part of the description for the BS6 Yavin Luke.

HasbroPulse said:
When a Rebel assault goes wrong, Han and Leia must think fast to make their escape – while Luke comes face-to-face with Dark Vader! In the xplosive aftermath, a humbled Luke returns to Tatooine to learn more about his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I found this recent article:

I sure hope that changes. My TV was not cheap and I would like to have it as something easy to do. I have an LG TV in the bedroom, but my guess is it's far too old to have access to this. It's not a Smart TV.

Reaction score
Walmart Gilbert Rd & Germann Rd - Shipped in aisle just outside of toys with many TVC Yavin Lukes and the Skywalker saga gold figures 2-packs. 3-4 BS6 Yoda Spirits, left them all. Picked up the last BS6 Jedi Jabbas Palace Luke, I believe both of these are Walmart exclusives.
All of the Yodas were gone by the time I got there. Not too worried. Not even sure how much I want it.

Also hit Germann & Gilbert Target and found 3 C-3POs with Babu Frik. Got shut down at the register, but a manager said he could put it on hold for me until Sunday. Just to be safe I went back and stashed the other two. Why is there a street date on 3PO?

bac

Reaction score
I was there around noon and totally missed that display despite walking up and down toys looking specifically for it. Oh well.

bac

Reaction score
Then you missed the dozen or so VC Yavin Lukes that all had the same curl to the card that mine does.
The curl is inevitable with these flimsy cards, but can be mostly straightened out when put in star case isolation for a couple weeks.

bac

Reaction score
Got a nice curved Yavin Luke. He's currently in straightening out rehab.

Have been on the hunt for a VC150 Leia. Found my second Leia in the wild today and like the first it was 164. Strike two.

Also Ray/Power Walmart has both the Spirit Yoda and Luke Jedi figures in quantity. Power/Ray Target has jack as usual.

bac

Reaction score
Looks like Disney+ will have a 7-day free trial option when it launches for those not ready to commit.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- Picked up the BS 3P0/Babu Frik that the manager put on hold for me. Then I went to the back and put the two I had hidden back on the pegs. I would've left them hidden for someone here, but nobody made any noise about them.

Reaction score
New BS figure. No idea if it's part of TROS or The Mandalorian. It may be a spoiler. So follow the link only if you want to see it.

UPDATE: Yakface.com is claiming it's from The Mandalorian. Also, if you want to avoid this spoiler, do NOT go to most fan sites. It's not being hidden by any of them that I have seen except Rebelscum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a couple of the Hot Wheels character cars over the weekend at Gilbert/Germann Target. They were in an endcap a few aisles over from toys. D-O, Supreme Leader Kylo, and Rey are all new.

Reaction score
A heads up for Disney Movie Insiders, the new name of Disney Movie Rewards, when you redeem codes from purchased movies enter them on DMI first before redeeming the digital copy on Movies Anywhere. Looks like if you do MA first it says the code is invalid at DMI and you won't earn points.

Reaction score
Saw a The Mandalorian trailer that played during my Walking Dead recording.

How many of you will be up at midnight trying to watch The Mandalorian? Not me. I won't be seeing it until after Desiree gets home tomorrow. Please no spoilers.

Reaction score
So I just attempted to load Disney+ on my the browser on TV and the site opens with no issue, but when I select something to watch it just shows a spinning cursor. Not sure if it's because a lot of people are trying to load content right now or if it's because the TV is on WiFi where my computer is direct connect through a Gigablast fiber optic connection.

Actually, my WiFi comes from the same fiber connection, so that shouldn't be an issue, but WiFi may be. Not sure. Going to try it on my BD player and see if that has any better luck.

Reaction score
So I just attempted to load Disney+ on my the browser on TV and the site opens with no issue, but when I select something to watch it just shows a spinning cursor. Not sure if it's because a lot of people are trying to load content right now or if it's because the TV is on WiFi where my computer is direct connect through a Gigablast fiber optic connection.

Actually, my WiFi comes from the same fiber connection, so that shouldn't be an issue, but WiFi may be. Not sure. Going to try it on my BD player and see if that has any better luck.
Same thing is happening to me right now on my computer.

Reaction score
I think they’re getting swamped right now. This morning it was having trouble loading content.

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me right now on my computer.
I think they’re getting swamped right now. This morning it was having trouble loading content.
Okay, good! I was afraid I would have issues with watching on my TV. I am still watching ANH off and on while work permits, but it has probably already completely downloaded at this point.

Reaction score
Added the channel to my Roku and I cannot get the Mandalorian to load. Not that I have time today anyway. Prepping our house for pictures today and listing it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk