Phoenix Board # 192: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorians, Disney +, More TVC Goodness

Reaction score
I was super excited when I heard Alamo was coming and was going to be so close. Then I saw TLJ there and was extremely disappointed. I was used to iPic. I like a plush experience when watching a movie and was willing to pay extra and travel further to get it. I don't think you ever tried the Premium Plus seats at iPic. They're really nice. You're in a comfortable reclining chair, you get a pillow, a blanket, complimentary popcorn and service for food. I know Alamo does food service too, but it's not even close to the same food and I don't care for the seats at Alamo at all. They're not comfortable and you're just sitting with everyone else. iPic has secluded seating and since they did the remodel and upgraded all of the seats, it's even more secluded. I don't have to deal with anyone's head in my way or see anyone moving around. It's really nice and now they have dropped ticket prices by $10, so it's even better. I just wasn't aware they were dealing with Chapter 11. Hopefully they can pull out of it. According to the person I spoke with last night, the company was just picked up on Friday. So maybe it'll turn around for them.
So, the question for you is will iPic be open on December 19? You might want to look for an alternative.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
So, the question for you is will iPic be open on December 19? You might want to look for an alternative.
That's what I am trying to determine. We may end up at Alamo. According to the news article I read on their Chapter 11, it's supposed to be business as usual and it will not impact members, but obviously that is not true or I would have tickets already.

I'm not too worried since I don't plan to see it until Saturday anyway. I hate seeing movies when I'm tired, so I never go opening night. I'm up far too early in the morning.

Reaction score
Received my POP! Han and Falcon yesterday and opened it today. The box is real big. I'm an in box collector, but this one definitely needs to be displayed out of box to get the whole effect.

I'm happy mine arrived in excellent shape even though the shipping package fit the POP! snugly with no packing materials to protect the precious cargo. The only problem on mine is the back left bottom edge by the corner has what looks to be a manufacturing defect I've seen on other POPs!; the cardboard is rolled under somewhat. That's the only problem and it's not that big a deal. No creasing and no window dents.

I was hesitant about preordering this but I'm glad I did. Of course, I just wish it cost a little less.

Reaction score
I ended up booking tickets at AMC Mesa Grand. Tired of waiting for iPic.

The tickets are refundable, so if iPic does eventually come through I can always cancel and switch. I'm a bit pissed at them now though.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- Wave 24 remnants, 1 Sith Trooper and 2 Jawas, a bunch of X-Wing pilot Lukes, Snokes and Jyns. Left everything.

Reaction score
So nobody supposedly likes The Last Jedi or the "Disneyfication" of Star Wars, and yet the tickets for Episode IX are selling faster than tickets for Avengers: Endgame...

Reaction score
Received my POP! Han and Falcon yesterday and opened it today. The box is real big. I'm an in box collector, but this one definitely needs to be displayed out of box to get the whole effect.

I'm happy mine arrived in excellent shape even though the shipping package fit the POP! snugly with no packing materials to protect the precious cargo. The only problem on mine is the back left bottom edge by the corner has what looks to be a manufacturing defect I've seen on other POPs!; the cardboard is rolled under somewhat. That's the only problem and it's not that big a deal. No creasing and no window dents.

I was hesitant about preordering this but I'm glad I did. Of course, I just wish it cost a little less.
I'm glad it's nice and yours arrived in good shape mine hasn't shipped yet, but I got charged for it.

Reaction score
My Pop! Han in Millennium Falcon shipped. It will be here tomorrow.
Save me your box if you could if it's in good shape (unless they ship it with a 40 lb bag of dog food). I don't have the best of luck with Amazon sometimes.

Reaction score
That Clone Wars Obi-Wan was up, down, sold out, back up, sold out, and finally taken down. not aggravating at all!
That EFX Fett helmet looks nice, but notice they say it's display only. Does that mean it's just missing inner liners and such?

long shot here, but does anyone have any parts for a Legacy Falcon? perhaps from a broken one?

Reaction score
You use Edge???
No good? I ditched Explorer fore Chrome years ago because Explorer was getting too glitchy. But when I got a new computer, it had Edge as the default. I haven't had any problems until now. What do you use?

Reaction score
No good? I ditched Explorer fore Chrome years ago because Explorer was getting too glitchy. But when I got a new computer, it had Edge as the default. I haven't had any problems until now. What do you use?

I agree about Explorer. I hung on to it for as long as I could because Chrome was missing a lot of the features I liked. They have since added some. I tried Edge for about a week and it irritated the hell out of me because it has zero features and I found a lot of sites don't seem to work with it. I'm primarily using Chrome currently. It's not perfect, but it seems I have the least amount of issues with it.

Reaction score
Received Target”s holiday toy catalogue today and starting on Sunday 10/27 through 11/23, text TOY to TARGET and get a coupon for 25% off

Reaction score
I ended up booking tickets at AMC Mesa Grand. Tired of waiting for iPic.

The tickets are refundable, so if iPic does eventually come through I can always cancel and switch. I'm a bit pissed at them now though.
hope you got the Dolby Cinema. Dolby Vision & Atmos is the way to go.

Reaction score
eFX has The Mandalorian helmet up for pre-order.

$699 (with a $300 non-refundable deposit)

I can't find what it's made of. They're claiming it's anticipated to ship before this Christmas.

UPDATE: I emailed EFX asking about what it's made of and the likelihood of it making the December release date and here is the response:

The helmet is made in fiberglass. . .

Bryan Ono from EFX Collectibles said:
Right now, we are on track to start shipping in December. Depending on the quantity, it may not be the entire production run, so some orders may be fulfilled a little later, as they are made

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Received Target”s holiday toy catalogue today and starting on Sunday 10/27 through 11/23, text TOY to TARGET and get a coupon for 25% off
Text TARGET as in spell out TARGET on the keypad? Just confirming as I've never texted TARGET.

Reaction score
I received my Pop! Star Wars: Bird of Prey. It's pretty cool, but not worth the price whatsoever.

Slave I- One of the bottom corners is dinged up on the box. It's only really visible from the bottom. Do you still want it? I'm probably keeping the insert.

Reaction score
I received my Pop! Star Wars: Bird of Prey. It's pretty cool, but not worth the price whatsoever.

Slave I- One of the bottom corners is dinged up on the box. It's only really visible from the bottom. Do you still want it? I'm probably keeping the insert.
Thx, I'm not worried about the ding I'm just worried about the plastic front as long as that looks nice. I'll have my own insert with mine. I may not need anything if mine arrives in decent shape you just never know with Amazon. Mine has shipped but I'm not sure when it will be delivered yet I'll let you know. I'm going to open mine but I still want to keep the Box nice in case I ever put it back in. Watch these things will be half price at Christmas time.

Reaction score
is movie plot speculation and discussion welcomed or should I avoid that type of post. Seems like the az forum is mostly for collecting now. There are other places to discuss the film of course. I am just a bit unclear on the expectations of the AZ thread since I don't post much (at all) anymore.

Reaction score
is movie plot speculation and discussion welcomed or should I avoid that type of post. Seems like the az forum is mostly for collecting now. There are other places to discuss the film of course. I am just a bit unclear on the expectations of the AZ thread since I don't post much (at all) anymore.

I would prefer not.

Start a new thread.