Phoenix Board # 192: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorians, Disney +, More TVC Goodness

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I forgot you were into dinos, I picked the Brach awhile back It looks good next the 3.75 inch JP figures.
Yeah. I saw it a few weeks back, but the $50 price tag was too much to justify. Even the $37.50 is a bit high, but it helps. I don't do the figures. This one caught mine and Desiree's attention because of the size. I'm still debating on it. I took it out of the box, but I can assemble it since it looks like once I do it will never come apart again. I will probably end up keeping it though.

Reaction score
I finally got to watch the first two Mandalorian episodes today. I think its well done so far. Someone described it as a western in space and that makes even more sense now. The music during the show and the artwork that displays during the end credits remind me of certain Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Neither my Vizio TV or Sony Blu-ray player have the Disney plus app. I thought it would be no problem to cast from a phone or tablet to my Vizio TVs built in Chromecast. But no. Turns out Vizio does not support casting for Disney + either. I was successful in using Apples Airplay from my Iphone to my Vizio TV but for some reason I did not get output to my surround sound speakers, only my TV speakers. Wanting the best experience, I tried using Miracast from my Iphone to the Miracast app on the Sony Blu-ray player. For some reason it kept reverting to the Airplay. So I tried using Miracast from an old Android tablet to the Sony Blu-ray player. This time I got surround sound but no picture. It could be because the tablet is an older device. I'm curious if any of you Sony owners have tried this. Vizio does not plan on offering Disney + support until sometime next year. Hopefully it can be accomplished with a software update an not a new TV purchase. In the mean time I settled for watching it with Airplay (without surround sound).
Not sure if this is an option for you, but the guy at Best Buy said you can get an AppleTV device for $150.

Reaction score
Woo Hoo I picked up a Purge trooper from GameStop I called around a bunch of them on Friday and they said if any were left over by Monday that nobody picked up they would sell it to me so they had one left and I picked it up.

Reaction score
I finally had the time to watch the first two episodes of The Mandalorian this weekend. I really enjoyed it. It makes me look forward to the POPs! and action figures that are going to come out now that I'll get to see who they are.

Reaction score
Woo Hoo I picked up a Purge trooper from GameStop I called around a bunch of them on Friday and they said if any were left over by Monday that nobody picked up they would sell it to me so they had one left and I picked it up.
Didn't know you could do that, so I called a couple and was able to get on a list in case the people that ordered don't follow through.

Reaction score
I'm in Tucson quite frequently. Not much reporting as there is not much there. Almost pointless to check the area for anything. Whatever makes into shelves ends up on ebay resellers, or the 3 collectible stores in the local mall for a 40% mark up!

Reaction score
THe BS Elite FO Snowtrooper has been found at a Target in PA. I have this figure from the Mystery Box and actually wouldn't mind a few more, but they're $25 each. The only addition is a soft goods cape, that isn't bad, and a soft goods wrap around the backpack, which I don't understand.

I was okay with the Mystery Box because I actually like the hat that came with it. It's a nice quality and actually looks good on me and most of the winter beanie type hats don't. The comic is really nice quality too, but I have yet to read it. It's sitting on my end table with a bunch of figures waiting to be opened.

Update: According to JTA these are retailing at $19.99. Not sure who is correct.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my FYE Knight or Ren Pop! in good condition yesterday. The Funko Shop one is out for delivery today.

Reaction score
Somewhere along the way I missed one of the Pop! Knights of Ren. I have 4 and one is scheduled to arrive today. Now I need to figure out which one and hopefully I can still find it.
Did you count the one that came in the last Smuggler's Bounty box?

Reaction score
Did you count the one that came in the last Smuggler's Bounty box?
That was the one. I had put him with all my other Pop! figures (basically storage) and the others are all sitting on my pool table with a bunch of other recently purchased items. I've been so busy cleaning up Halloween that I haven't had time to do anything with them.

Reaction score
Why are sites advertising this as "The Mandalorian Incinerator Stormtrooper"? I noticed first with Brian's Toys, but then found GameStop and Entertainment Earth doing the same thing.

View attachment 339739

I'm anxious to see the episode with the Incen. trooper saw just a small bit of him in one of the trailers. They should have it listed as Incinerator trooper from the Mandalorian maybe the Mando actually puts on the trooper gear. I hope they make him into a Pop. Has the Incen trooper been in anything other than the FU video game?

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see the episode with the Incen. trooper saw just a small bit of him in one of the trailers. They should have it listed as Incinerator trooper from the Mandalorian maybe the Mando actually puts on the trooper gear. I hope they make him into a Pop. Has the Incen trooper been in anything other than the FU video game?

I wasn't aware the Incinerator Trooper was in The Mandalorian. So now I get why they're doing that. Damn! I wished Hasbro hadn't messed up the deco on that thing. I saw a couple of them last week when we were buying the TV at Best Buy. I so wanted to buy them and then remembered how bad the paint was.

Reaction score
I'm in Tucson quite frequently. Not much reporting as there is not much there. Almost pointless to check the area for anything. Whatever makes into shelves ends up on ebay resellers, or the 3 collectible stores in the local mall for a 40% mark up!
I definitely agree with you on that. Anymore most of what I get I buy online and on the rare occasion I walk into a store and find a surprise item never expected. That being said, I do continue to hit the stores a couple times a week and on all release dates just in case.

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the TVC RO Stromies at retail, they are back on Amazon.

Reaction score
BS6 IG-11 for $15.99. I just ordered two of them and will be returning one with my original receipt. This way I can use one for a custom, like blowing a hole through his head. Mine came with FREE one-day shipping. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

1574258299568.png

Reaction score
So I was just putting away some of my recently purchased figures and my Mandalorian figure stands a good head taller than Wedge. This seems a bit off since Pedro Pascal is only 5' 11", unless they're trying to pass him off as much taller than he really is. Denis Lawson is shorter, but only by 3".

Reaction score
I got my Funko Shop Knight of Ren Pop! yesterday in good condition, nicely boxed within a box.

Reaction score
Two questions...

1. Did any of the new design concepts (Praetorian Guards, AT-M6, Snowtroopers with grey stripe, Porgs, etc) make it into TROS? I've seen no signs of any of them. I really hope the AT-M6 is at least shown, but would really love to see it in battle. I realize Rey and Kylo took out the 8 Praetorian Guards, but that couldn't have been all of them. I would think they would have some in training in case one is killed. What if one of them calls in sick. They must have more. Chewie took Porgs away from their home world, so there should be some Porgs someplace new now. We're getting the new Elite Snowtrooper, so does that mean the grey stripe was nothing special?
  2. Has there REALLY only been ONE 3.75" figure released for The Mandalorian so far? The only one I can find is the Klatooinian AT-ST Raider driver.

Reaction score
Two questions...

1. Has there REALLY only been ONE 3.75" figure released for The Mandalorian so far? The only one I can find is the Klatooinian AT-ST Raider driver.
They really dropped the ball on this and so far we only know of 3 coming early next year, Mando, Cara Dune, and the Stormtrooper. They are passing up on a bunch of money right now, they need to be capitalizing on the newness of it right now not six months from now when some of these later figures might come out. When you think about it we really didn't get that many figures for the new movie coming out either. I'm hoping they're sitting on a bunch of new stuff for when everything has been fully released.

Reaction score
They really dropped the ball on this and so far we only know of 3 coming early next year, Mando, Cara Dune, and the Stormtrooper. They are passing up on a bunch of money right now, they need to be capitalizing on the newness of it right now not six months from now when some of these later figures might come out. When you think about it we really didn't get that many figures for the new movie coming out either. I'm hoping they're sitting on a bunch of new stuff for when everything has been fully released.
I've heard there's a whole mess of new Hasbro product that cannot be released until after the release of TROS.

I would be really surprised if someone doesn't release some sort of baby Yoda collectible after Thanksgiving. That thing would sell for the holidays. I know two people in my house of two people that both want one immediately. Especially if it was full size. I've read a lot of other fans that want it too.

1574291414292.png

I just found out we can resize pictures in the new forum. Just click the image and grab the handles. COOL!!!

Reaction score
I've heard there's a whole mess of new Hasbro product that cannot be released until after the release of TROS.

I would be really surprised if someone doesn't release some sort of baby Yoda collectible after Thanksgiving. That thing would sell for the holidays. I know two people in my house of two people that both want one immediately. Especially if it was full size. I've read a lot of other fans that want it too.

View attachment 339792

I just found out we can resize pictures in the new forum. Just click the image and grab the handles. COOL!!!
Yeah, both my wife and my daughter are going nuts with that baby Yoda.