Phoenix Board # 192: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorians, Disney +, More TVC Goodness

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have been hanging around for several months just reading everyone's posts. I often want to jump in and ask questions and make comments but I am an old 52 yr old female and I admit a bit embarrassed to jump in and comment. I am in Tucson incidentally, are any of you from Tucson?

I also admit to mainly collecting female characters, but I do love and collect some Luke and Vader figures and other items.
Welcome! We used to have a separate Tucson-area thread for local finds, but I haven't seen activity on there in years.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Bad luck with shipments yesterday. My Amazon armory pack Sith Trooper arrived in a padded envelope, and the card was creased all the way across like it was folded in half. I'll be opening it, but I kind of liked it carded with the armory pack sticker on there.
Somehow I lucked out. Mine arrived in a padded envelope as well, but it was in perfect condition. It's sitting on my end table waiting to get opened.

Reaction score
Just picked up Fallen order on PS4 with exclusive purge trooper. According to employee they do not yet have a sku for the purge troopers to buy separately. But I think GameStop will get another shipment and sell them separate since they usually have done this with exclusives. I’m sure a regular airborne trooper will come out as a repaint since this is the same thing. It’s pretty cool figure.

meanwhile checking Disney+ for when episode 2 of the mandalorian will hit.
The Purge trooper is scheduled to be an individual release outside the bundle.

The second episode of The Mandalorian is available now.

Reaction score
The Gamestop exclusive BS6 Imperial Shocktrooper is on sale for $19.99. This figures since I already bought a second one. Though maybe I should get a third and give it some weathering and deco like the incredible looking Hot Toys version.

UPDATE: Actually, I can't. It's not available online and is not anywhere close to me according to the website.

1573829071145.png

bac

Reaction score
Bad luck with shipments yesterday. My Amazon armory pack Sith Trooper arrived in a padded envelope, and the card was creased all the way across like it was folded in half.
I had two arrive. One was creased up and the other fine. Pure luck considering the padded envelope.

Episode 2 of The Mandalorian is out. And it's awesome.

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have been hanging around for several months just reading everyone's posts. I often want to jump in and ask questions and make comments but I am an old 52 yr old female and I admit a bit embarrassed to jump in and comment. I am in Tucson incidentally, are any of you from Tucson?

I also admit to mainly collecting female characters, but I do love and collect some Luke and Vader figures and other items.
Welcome to the AZ Boards, feel free to chime in, there is actually a Tucson thread as well but it doesn't have much activity and besides we love to bump it down everytime it comes above the PXH one :)

Reaction score

Welcome, I'm in my late forties and collect way too much of everything Star Wars related.

Reaction score
Bad luck with shipments yesterday. My Amazon armory pack Sith Trooper arrived in a padded envelope, and the card was creased all the way across like it was folded in half. I'll be opening it, but I kind of liked it carded with the armory pack sticker on there.

My WM Knight of Ren Pop! arrived in a decent sized box, but they put in so much packing paper that the Pop! box is pretty well crushed. I didn't know there was such a thing as too much packing paper. Usually there's not enough!

Sorry to hear that that gets really frustrating. My Amazon figure is still out for delivery and I haven't picked up my Pop from Walmart yet.

Reaction score
Just picked up Fallen order on PS4 with exclusive purge trooper. According to employee they do not yet have a sku for the purge troopers to buy separately. But I think GameStop will get another shipment and sell them separate since they usually have done this with exclusives. I’m sure a regular airborne trooper will come out as a repaint since this is the same thing. It’s pretty cool figure.

meanwhile checking Disney+ for when episode 2 of the mandalorian will hit.

Congrats on getting your Purge trooper I held off on buying the bundle I was tempted but didn't want to spend that much right now. I'm really hoping they get a few of the figures to come out just by themselves so I can pick one or two up, I'll probably get the game maybe later on discount. Let me know what you think of the game once you start playing.

Reaction score
Game is really nice. Reminds me of force unleashed. One thing I should point out is at GameStop if you get the bundle you can trade the game back in within 3 days and receive $59.99 in trade in credit back. Not cash but GameStop does also have other Star Wars figures too. I guess they are doing this with any new game that comes out...you get 72 hours to trade it back for the credit....just found this out. So technically you would get the credit back and keep the figure. But hopefully this is coming separate as announced because it is a nice army builder.

Reaction score
Game is really nice. Reminds me of force unleashed. One thing I should point out is at GameStop if you get the bundle you can trade the game back in within 3 days and receive $59.99 in trade in credit back. Not cash but GameStop does also have other Star Wars figures too. I guess they are doing this with any new game that comes out...you get 72 hours to trade it back for the credit....just found this out. So technically you would get the credit back and keep the figure. But hopefully this is coming separate as announced because it is a nice army builder.

So you end up essentially paying $40 for the figure. No thanks!

Reaction score
My WM Knight of Ren Pop! arrived in a decent sized box, but they put in so much packing paper that the Pop! box is pretty well crushed. I didn't know there was such a thing as too much packing paper. Usually there's not enough!
Picked up my Knight of Ren from Walmart and it was EXACTLY as you described... Jammed so full of packing paper that it was all smashed up.

bac

Reaction score
Episode 2 made me very happy to have my Sandcrawler. Now I have a new way to display it... With the Mandalorian crawling up the side.
You could also add removable Offworld-specific accoutrements on the top.

Reaction score
Episode 2 made me very happy to have my Sandcrawler. Now I have a new way to display it... With the Mandalorian crawling up the side.
You will have to install some tents up there as well!

With regards to the Jawas, that’s what I thought as well them sounding like minions but then I recalled the short dialogue in ANH with Lars and thought it was fine.

Reaction score
Best Buy has already started their Black Friday deals.
After doing a factory reset I got everything set back up and finished. I had two other Roku's but they are too old to add D+. Roku actually just sent me an offer to upgrade one of them to the latest HD model for 50% off. So I ordered it last night as a backup.

Reaction score
Chandler Mall Walmart- Just happened to be having dinner in the area and stopped after and found Jannah, Wedge and TWO Yavin Lukes, so picked up one for ASM as well. They also had some BS6 & VC Sith Troopers.

Still no Cara Dune.

Chandler Mall Target- They had the Dagobah 3-packs. I passed on that ugly Luke the first time and OI passed on him again. He creeps me out. I did pick up a Brachiosaurus with the 25% off coupon code for toys.

Reaction score
Picked up the my order at the store of Walmart's Exclusive POP Knight of Ren. The packing material didn't damage the POP! but the top of the POP! was caught underneath one of the box flaps causing some damage to the top edge on the back of the POP! It was in pretty good shape overall.

I also received my Amazon order of the TVC Sith Trooper Armory Pack sent in a bubble mailer envelope. I was expecting it to be crushed but only the bottom left corner was bent. The corner isn't creased and the cardboard isn't split so it doesn't look awful. The rest of the card and the bubble are excellent, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
I finally got to watch the first two Mandalorian episodes today. I think its well done so far. Someone described it as a western in space and that makes even more sense now. The music during the show and the artwork that displays during the end credits remind me of certain Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Neither my Vizio TV or Sony Blu-ray player have the Disney plus app. I thought it would be no problem to cast from a phone or tablet to my Vizio TVs built in Chromecast. But no. Turns out Vizio does not support casting for Disney + either. I was successful in using Apples Airplay from my Iphone to my Vizio TV but for some reason I did not get output to my surround sound speakers, only my TV speakers. Wanting the best experience, I tried using Miracast from my Iphone to the Miracast app on the Sony Blu-ray player. For some reason it kept reverting to the Airplay. So I tried using Miracast from an old Android tablet to the Sony Blu-ray player. This time I got surround sound but no picture. It could be because the tablet is an older device. I'm curious if any of you Sony owners have tried this. Vizio does not plan on offering Disney + support until sometime next year. Hopefully it can be accomplished with a software update an not a new TV purchase. In the mean time I settled for watching it with Airplay (without surround sound).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler Mall Target- They had the Dagobah 3-packs. I passed on that ugly Luke the first time and OI passed on him again. He creeps me out. I did pick up a Brachiosaurus with the 25% off coupon code for toys.
I forgot you were into dinos, I picked the Brach awhile back It looks good next the 3.75 inch JP figures.