Phoenix Board # 191: Skiffs, Guards, Retro Figures and Double Force Friday

Reaction score
AZ Ave & Pecos Rd Walmart - 1 Skiff, 1 Jabba's Palace Playset, several Vintage Skiff Landos and Luke pilots. 1 of each Sith Jet trooper, Poe, and Rey. 1 gold saga pack (Luke and Chewie, surprised these have sold well as it was full of them on FF). A lot of GOA's figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also didn't see the newer Halloween Droid Factory droid, glad I ordered 1 online. Stuff seems to be selling out quickly. Also anyone who hasn't gone to Galaxy Edge, it is really cool. They have some cool stuff in the shops. The Large Build a Droids are a lot cooler then I expected. I got 1 and tempted to get other colors. They are just a pain to cart around when in the park. I wound up dropping mine off in the room and then went back to the park.
Dang it. I asked Gsr Jedi to get one for me when he goes there this month (They were not out yet when I was there in early August). Also, in the future you can ask a cast member to hold your purchases and get them before leaving the park for good, this is a free service.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
AZ Ave & Pecos Rd Walmart - 1 Skiff, 1 Jabba's Palace Playset, several Vintage Skiff Landos and Luke pilots. 1 of each Sith Jet trooper, Poe, and Rey. 1 gold saga pack (Luke and Chewie, surprised these have sold well as it was full of them on FF). A lot of GOA's figures.
I never saw the gold figures on TFF. Not that I wanted them anyway.

I need to take a good look at the GOA figures. I've read good reviews about them. Even from sites that don't think they're necessary.

Reaction score
I saw them and I think they are an abomination. Admittedly the packaging is GORGEOUS but they have no play value for kids, which unless I am wrong was something Hasbro was striving for...

Reaction score
I never saw the gold figures on TFF. Not that I wanted them anyway.

I need to take a good look at the GOA figures. I've read good reviews about them. Even from sites that don't think they're necessary.
Were you not at the this particular Walmart on FF? I thought I read that you went there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang it. I asked Gsr Jedi to get one for me when he goes there this month (They were not out yet when I was there in early August). Also, in the future you can ask a cast member to hold your purchases and get them before leaving the park for good, this is a free service.
I scoured WDW for these and the only place I found one was in Star tours beat to all heck. The next day at the store in Launch bay they had at least 60, all on minty mint cards. I wish I lived even remotely close to a store like that. The launch bay store has the best condition stuff.

Reaction score
Target AZ Ave & Ocotillo - TVC Poes, Luke X-Wing Pilots, many regular TROS BS6, many GOA figures, Solo Vandor sets for $19.99. Not much.

Reaction score
Ross @ 24thst/Baseline - I found some $7 FO TIE fighters , Micro Force and a 4 pack I wasnt aware of, (only worth it for the trooper).

Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I think the 4-pack may have been a Kohl's exclusive. I just couldn't justify the price for a red pauldron.
I saw this full price at a gamestop too. No way It's worth it. at $7 i's get it.

Reaction score
Apparently Rian Johnson was interviewed and this was his response about him still doing a new trilogy: "“Well we’ll see, I mean I’m still talking to Lucasfilm, they’re figuring out what they’re doing, and we’ll see what happens, but you know I’d be thrilled if it happens but I’m doing my own stuff too.”"

This does not sound like things are proceeding, which I am more than okay with. Personally, I think Lucasfilm would be stupid to disregard all of the backlash from The Last Jedi and the fans' opinion of Johnson.

Reaction score
According to JTA, Kids Warehouse had the AT-DT available for $12.99. When I click on the link now it doesn't show a page. I would've possibly considered this to get one to customize and make look like the actual vehicle. I was very disappointed with this release. Though, in all honesty, I have a feeling doing a complete rebuild would be the only way to get it right. The Hasbro version is just completely out of proportion.

bac

Reaction score
Though, in all honesty, I have a feeling doing a complete rebuild would be the only way to get it right. The Hasbro version is just completely out of proportion.
It looked way too much like a cheap toy the first time I saw pics online.

It needs the TVC treatment rebuilt from the ground up, but is highly unlikely to get it. A shame as it's a cool vehicle design.

Reaction score
Reaction score
What gets me is how Gamestop ended up with it. And Zuckass for that matter... Do people just return them there?

Reaction score
I just called Hasbro about the helmet and spoke with Amanda. She saw the same issues I did. She put me on hold to see if she could find anything out, but wasn't able to, so she took my information and is going to call me back later with an answer. She completely agreed that the version on the box looks far more realistic. I told her if the other one is the end result I'm going to probably pass on it entirely. She was great to talk to and very pleasant.

I will say the picture of the helmet alone almost looks like it was done in a paint app. Like they were just trying to prototype something. it doesn't look like it's actually on the helmet to me.
I talked to another rep from Hasbro and it is sounding like the weathering is going to match the picture of the helmet out of the box. I let him know if that was the case I was going to pass. He said he would relay that information to the product team. It seems really stupid to have the product differ from the picture on the box. If I see it locally, like at GameStop, I may pick it up and check the weathering and then if it doesn't match I can return it with a just cause.

Very disappointing.

Reaction score
I just received this from Gentle Giant...

Gentle Giant said:
Recently, Gentle Giant Ltd. shipped out the Star Wars Ahsoka Tano Mini-Bust to customers, all of whom placed their orders in 2018. While the bust was originally sold out, a number of orders could not be completed at the time of shipment, leaving a small quantity of Ahsokas unclaimed.

In order to fairly distribute the remaining busts to customers, Gentle Giant Ltd. is holding a raffle for 2019 Premier Guild members to be able to purchase Ahsoka for her original price, $120. All 2019 PG members will be allowed to place an order, but only a select number will be randomly chosen to have their orders completed. Only the winning customers will be charged, non-winning customers will not be charged. Customers who have previously purchased Ahsoka will not be eligible. The Membership Discount will not apply.

Please hold off on applying any Coupon Codes UNTIL you receive a notice that you've won. We can't reverse Coupon Codes after you've used them, so applying them to an order that is going to be canceled means you lose out on that Coupon Code. If you've won and would like to use a Coupon Code, please reply to your notice with the Coupon Code and we will happily apply it to your order.

To enter to win the chance to purchase Ahsoka, click here (you must be a 2019 PG member to view):
https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/premier-guild/premier-guild-exclusives/star-wars-ahsoka-mini-bust-raffle-entry/

Last edited: