Phoenix Board # 191: Skiffs, Guards, Retro Figures and Double Force Friday

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I am looking forward to this helmet repaint.

As far as I am concerned, Hasbro can do all the Stormtrooper repaints they want as long as they make sense. I'm beginning to wish I had bought the Amazon exclusive Shadow Trooper helmet.

Reaction score
I haven't heard about anyone getting these Carbonized figures. Both are available. I'm passing and probably returning the Sith Jet Trooper I picked up.

I bought the Jet Trooper because I saw it, but haven't tried to track down the others. Another Hasbro money grab at $5 more than the other TBS6 figures. I'm not going to be getting all the TBS6 figures anyway so these aren't a high priority. I'll probably pick up the carbonized Mandalorian if I see it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm really happy Funko finally released a Sandtrooper to pair with the Deluxe Sandtrooper and Dewback.

Funko has given us some figures we've wanted: Sith eyes Anakin, Sebulba, Watto, Aurra Sing, Lando Skiff Guard, Darth Maul #299, and the Sandtrooper, but they have released way too many repaints. Celebration and SDCC this year had 14 chrome figures and just three new sculpts and one of the new sculpts--the Sith Trooper was a convention only release.
Is that why I couldn't find the Sith Trooper anywhere??? I kept meaning to ask all of you if you were able to find it. That's the only one I couldn't find.
I thought the POP! Sith Trooper was going to be a common release, which is why I didn't try to buy it when it came out at SDCC. The Sith Troopers SDCC sticker said DEBUT so I thought Funko would be releasing it with the other common figures much like the Unmasked Vader from Celebration 2015; The Celebration 2015 Unmasked Vader had a First To Market sticker and later could be found at Barnes and other stores. I bought one at the Power and Ray Target about a year ago.

I had hope Funko would be releasing the Sith Trooper because it is shown on the back of the Rise of Skywalker POPs!, but this could just be like the POPs! that were released showing Qui-Gon on the back of the box. Hopefully the Sith Trooper will be released when the Knights of Ren come out.

Reaction score
Az Ave/Ocotillo Target has a couple of the 10” Fetts in both black & red on the shelf.

Reaction score
New figures

Hit multiple stores on force Friday....

Was able to find everything except the mandalorian at happy valley Walmart. Was able that morning to get the mandalorian at GameStop that morning. last few days most targets and Walmart’s I searched were pretty empty on figures.

I’am at Disneyland currently. They do have a new droid factory set that was released on force Friday. It has 2 blue droids that are like metallic , then a r5d4 looking droid and d-0 droid. Retail is $29.99. eBay has a few auctions for these. I hadn’t seen anyone post about this set yet. They are not the color change ones from galaxy edge these are new ones from rise of Skywalker. Also they have a bunch of the Poe xwings.

Reaction score
Hit multiple stores on force Friday....

Was able to find everything except the mandalorian at happy valley Walmart. Was able that morning to get the mandalorian at GameStop that morning. last few days most targets and Walmart’s I searched were pretty empty on figures.

I’am at Disneyland currently. They do have a new droid factory set that was released on force Friday. It has 2 blue droids that are like metallic , then a r5d4 looking droid and d-0 droid. Retail is $29.99. eBay has a few auctions for these. I hadn’t seen anyone post about this set yet. They are not the color change ones from galaxy edge these are new ones from rise of Skywalker. Also they have a bunch of the Poe xwings.
That was the only thing on the TFF checklist from Disney that I sort of was interested in and then I found out it was a park exclusive and not a store exclusive.

And speaking of Poe's X-Wing... I opened mine tonight and really like it. It seems a bit fragile, not that it'll break, but that the pieces could come off. The landing gear is incredible, but hard to get out without something smaller than my fingers to work in and grab an edge. They fold up nicely. The only part on the entire ship that is that rubbery plastic is the nose piece, but it is thick and slides over hard plastic, so it's not an issue. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. Especially in the sculpting detail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That was the only thing on the TFF checklist from Disney that I sort of was interested in and then I found out it was a park exclusive and not a store exclusive.

And speaking of Poe's X-Wing... I opened mine tonight and really like it. It seems a bit fragile, not that it'll break, but that the pieces could come off. The landing gear is incredible, but hard to get out without something smaller than my fingers to work in and grab an edge. They fold up nicely. The only part on the entire ship that is that rubbery plastic is the nose piece, but it is thick and slides over hard plastic, so it's not an issue. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. Especially in the sculpting detail.

If if anyone needs one I’ll be here for the week. The only thing that sucks is d-0 was a cheap 4th droid.... shoulda had 1 more droid in this set...

text 6029300695 as I may not respond to pms quickly

Reaction score
The Amazon exclusive BS6 Chewie/3PO 2-pack is up for pre-order. It's $49.99. It seems a bit pricey, but considering it has one over-sized figure and the other figure completely comes apart, plus includes a bowcaster and cargo net, it's really not that bad.

I went ahead and pre-ordered, which may be a mistake, since I did the same thing with the Luke X-Wing helmet and two days after I received it Amazon posted a $10 off coupon.

It's supposed to release on December 20th. My email shows it arriving on Christmas Eve.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gamestop.com has the BS6 Commander Fox figure available for order. FREE shipping after $35.

$22.99

I forgot to mention that when Desiree picked mine up the other day, she said they gave her 10% off because of a small tear in the box. Not that I cared. He's already opened and the box is in the recycle bin, but I liked getting the discount.

Reaction score
Today is a lot of pre-orders...

Best Buy has the Best Buy exclusive BS6 IG-11 up for pre-order.

$19.99

I am getting FREE shipping through Best Buy, but I'm not sure if this is what they offer for pre-orders or if this is because I have spent well over $12,000 with them in the last 5-6 years and maybe it has something to do with account status.

Reaction score
Best Buy also has Luke's X-Wing available and supposed to arrive on 10/10. I am ordering this one since it has FREE shipping and I can always return to the store if I find a better deal. I will cancel my HasbroPulse order.

UPDATE: I just tried to cancel my HasbroPulse order and apparently they received them early and they are shipping, so I cannot. Dammit!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Luke X-wing box art May be my favorite of any package.

is anyone going to the sunday ESB symphony performance?

Reaction score
I finally opened my VC figures from Friday. I am super impressed with a number of them, but something about the Rey figure really works for me. She has a lot of accessories and the likeness of her and Poe are spot on.

I also found a new feature on Poe's X-Wing that I was not aware of... I went to put him in and accidentally pulled up the instrument panel of the cockpit. It's hinged to make it easier to get someone seated properly. What's really nice is he actually fits in it well.

My least favorite of the new figures is Zorri Bliss. Her helmet is way too small.

Reaction score
HasbroPulse has the Incinerator Trooper helmet up for pre-order.

$99.99

December 1st release date

So I was about to pre-order the Black Series Incinerator Trooper helmet, but then noticed the product picture differs from the the picture on the product box. I really like the way it looks on the box as it seems like somewhat natural weathering/battle-damage. The other picture looks really bad. It looks very toy-ish. I may be contacting HasbroPulse later and see if they know which is going to be released. My guess is they won't be able to tell me. I don't want to pay $100 for something that looks like this. If that's the case, I would rather just buy a white helmet of eBay for $70 and repaint it myself.

Reaction score
I just called Hasbro about the helmet and spoke with Amanda. She saw the same issues I did. She put me on hold to see if she could find anything out, but wasn't able to, so she took my information and is going to call me back later with an answer. She completely agreed that the version on the box looks far more realistic. I told her if the other one is the end result I'm going to probably pass on it entirely. She was great to talk to and very pleasant.

I will say the picture of the helmet alone almost looks like it was done in a paint app. Like they were just trying to prototype something. it doesn't look like it's actually on the helmet to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The scratches and damage are overdone and looks stenciled and unnatural. The Luke X wing Helmet is better but a dud in my eyea as well...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disneyland report

Disneyland has a good amount of the new ROTS Black Series wave. They are also in the white packaging. Only thing is NO Mandalorian. He has been selling out quickly. None anywhere in park, crazy as Disney shops put new figures out daily. 1 store had Vintage figures, minus Knight of Ren. They had a few Poe X-wings in Downtown Disney. Star Trader still has a good amount of the small build a droid figures, but since 2017 hasn't come out with any new pieces. The Sandcrawler is starting to run out, few stores have this left. If anyone hasn't gotten one, these are probably not going to be around much longer. I also didn't see the newer Halloween Droid Factory droid, glad I ordered 1 online. Stuff seems to be selling out quickly. Also anyone who hasn't gone to Galaxy Edge, it is really cool. They have some cool stuff in the shops. The Large Build a Droids are a lot cooler then I expected. I got 1 and tempted to get other colors. They are just a pain to cart around when in the park. I wound up dropping mine off in the room and then went back to the park.

Reaction score
I have to say this now that I've seen it more than a couple of times, TROS, and ROTS are not the same movie. Revenge of the Sith, and The Rise of Skywalker have initials that are too easy to confuse...

Reaction score
The cool thing about carrying the droid is that he actually interacts with things in the park!