Phoenix Board # 191: Skiffs, Guards, Retro Figures and Double Force Friday

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
So my Luke X-Wing helmet arrives from Amazon with a 40# bag of dog food sitting on top of it. I swear the shipping people at Amazon are idiots. I was told this wouldn't happen any longer, but as I found out today, all customer service can do is send feedback to the shipping department. They are sending me a replacement helmet that will arrive tomorrow and they issued me a $10 credit, so if anything, I gained from it, but it still sucks and I spent 20 minutes on a phone call about it. I just want it to stop.

Going to go check out the helmet now.

Reaction score
And now the review... Hasbro does not disappoint with the Luke X-Wing helmet. It has gorgeous deco. Way better than Poe's. It comes with the 3 cloth pads that attach with thin permanently installed Velcro areas inside the helmet. The chin strap is an adjustable elastic strap that snaps in on both sides, but you need to have it snapped in place before putting it on. If my head were any larger I would not be able to put the helmet on with the pads installed. It turns out to be a nice fit. It reminds me a lot of a motorcycle helmet and I wear and XL in motorcycle helmets, so my head is not small. The visor is in a fixed position, so no raising it, but I really don't care to anyway. The battery compartment is very well hidden. The button is not quite so much, but well enough to where I didn't notice it at first. It has two modes: Death Star and Hoth. You get different sound effects for each and they last a long time. They also simulate getting blasted at and lights go off in the visor making it have a lot of play-ability. It's sturdy, as the 40# bag of dog food sitting atop of it did not cause any damage. Had this been a Rubie's helmet it would've been trashed. Even an Anovos ABS helmet wouldn't have held up as well. It's definitely worthy of display and I have no regrets dropping the $100 $90 on it.

Now I wonder if Desiree will freak out if I wear to dinner tonight. I think we're going to head out and grab something and then check out a few stores to see if some items hit the floor early.

Reaction score
Ended up ordering 4 TVC figures from HasbroPulse with FREE shipping (Rey, Knight, Bliss and Sith Jet Trooper). Pasisng on Luke and Poe. I will check Walmart and Taget tomorrow morning just to see product availability.

Reaction score
Edited:
Ordered the 4 regular size Funko POP! I wanted from Hottopic.com. Rey, Connix, Mandalorian, and Second Sister. $9 each and free shipping to a local store.
Ordered the Carbonized Sith Trooper and the 6" Second Sister from Amazon.com, got free shipping.
Ordered the Carbonized Mandalorian from Target.com for store pickup tomorrow.
So I just need the 6" Rey, the VC Rey, and the 10" Black Boba Fett POP! at Target tomorrow morning. I preordered the 6" Commander Fox from Gamestop, so I have to stop there after work and pick him up and hope they still have a 6" Purge Trooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered a full set of the Vintage figures from Hasbro Pulse and a full set of the BS6 figures plus ceremonial Luke from Dorkside. I'm gonna hold off on the most of the larger items, (X-wings, AT-ST, Helmets). Only thing I might look for tomorrow is Jabbas Palace playset, which I still need. Don't care for the 5" figures, POPs or Hyperreal. Not sure if I'm forgetting anything.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'll buy all the BS6 Carbonized Collection exclusvies. But I did preorder the FO Jet Trooper from Walmart.com

Reaction score
You can now order Jabbas palace and have it shipped to your store for free.

I ordered a full set of the Vintage figures from Hasbro Pulse and a full set of the BS6 figures plus ceremonial Luke from Dorkside. I'm gonna hold off on the most of the larger items, (X-wings, AT-ST, Helmets). Only thing I might look for tomorrow is Jabbas Palace playset, which I still need. Don't care for the 5" figures, POPs or Hyperreal. Not sure if I'm forgetting anything.

Reaction score
You can now order Jabbas palace and have it shipped to your store for free.
Ya, Brickseek has been showing most of them in stock at all the stores around me for awhile now, I just haven't bothered to go looking until now because I heard they were street dated.

bac

Reaction score
Picked up a TVC case and Death Trooper to keep carded from Dorkside. Missed Luke Yavin that was briefly on there.

Bought a TVC Poe X-Wing from Amazon with the $10 off coupon right on the product page (https://amzn.to/31MjdtN). Steep price, but I want to support all-new TVC vehicles designed by Mark Boudreaux. It arrives tomorrow.

Walmart Ray/Power - Grabbed a Zorri, Poe and Rey TVC for openers. Will get a second Knight of Ren with a case for the next wave. Walmart still had some of the "first issue" BS figures in white boxes, but I didn't bother to look and see which ones.

And lastly ordered a Jabba's Palace for pickup at a different Walmart. Ray/Power had none on the floor that I saw, but they had a ton of Lando Skiff figures in the aisle display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So Desiree and I went to Red Robin for dinner last night near Chandler Mall and decided to stop by the Walmart to see what was happening for the one store doing the event at midnight. There were two other couples there milling about when we got there around 9pm. We talked a bit and then headed to the nearby Target to see if anything was mistakenly put out early. There wasn't. So we headed over to Walmart to see what was going to happen at 10pm and we ran in to a GSR Jedi. The event was lame. They put out a cardboard shelf with old Star Wars products on it. Some of them were at least 2 years old. Then a caricaturist showed up and he would draw you for free and accepted tips. GSR did it, so I hope he posts it up. Desiree and I also did it just before it hit midnight. I wasn't planning to be there at midnight, but it was fun hanging out. Working from home alone gets lonely. Oh and we also got Triple Force Friday pins.

At midnight they brought out a single pallet for about 50 - 60 people. It was pretty sad. The people in the back didn't get the choice of anything except the GOA figures, lightsabers and VC Skiff Lando. I got a few good things including the Carbonized Sith Jet Trooper, that I'm not sure if I want to keep yet.

Then we went to AZ Ave & Pecos Walmart that we found out is no longer 24 hour. Then to Gilbert & Germann, where we saw 3 collectors walking out and they said nobody could find anything for them. So home and to bed to sleep for about 5 hours. We made it to Germann & Gilbert Target at just after 7am and were the second and third people waiting. Just before 8am we were told by a manager where the new stuff was in the store and that we would be limited to one of each type of item. It was barely enforced as we walked out with four Carbonized Mandalorians. I didn't feel bad because there were still a number of them on the pegs when everyone dispersed and we found more at Chandler Mall Target at around 10am. We did manage to get one of the 10" Pop! Boba Fetts in red and my son was able to get me a black version, so I'm set. Desiree didn't realize I wasn't interested in the Pop! graffiti Fett and grabbed me one. He may go back to the store.

From there over to AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target, where we found a GSR Mike again and a number of the Pop! figures that were not at the other Target. Then to GameStop in the same parking lot and they had all of the Mandalorian Pop! figures and the Treadspeeder, so we bought those. They had a sale if you buy 3 you get 1 free, so it was a wash on the price. Desiree got herself a Cara Dune and a Mandalorian. She's pretty excited about Cara Dune as a lot of people think she looks like her.

Then we decided to head to the Chandler Mall area again and stopped for breakfast at Mimi's and took tally of what we had. Then to Best Buy, which was a waste, but just wanted to pop in and check to make sure the AT-ST wasn't there. Then to Chandler Mall Target where we found nothing we needed. And then to Hot Topic and Box Lunch in the mall where we picked up the remaining Pop! figures we needed. We decided to also check out the Disney store that had all of the white box BS figures except The Mandalorian. The only one I wanted. Then I stopped into Barnes & Noble to see if they had the exclusive Entertainment Weekly with The Mandalorian cover and they did, so we got it and then I happened across the VC Poe X-Wing and ended up buying it as it was the same $100 price as everywhere else. Now I have to take it back as I am going to get it off Amazon with the coupon code.

Oh and on the way back home I stopped off to pick up a $7 FO TIE Fighter that ASM told me was at AZ Ave & Ocotillo Ross that I passed on the other day when there. It was bugging me that it was basically the same price as a figure, so the TIE Fighter was free in my book.

Then I got home and Fex Ex dropped off my two Sith Troopers.

I managed to pick up just about everything. I saw no sign of VC Wave 7 or Luke's X-Wing. It's been a long day for us and we're very tired.

Reaction score
Bought a TVC Poe X-Wing from Amazon with the $10 off coupon right on the product page (https://amzn.to/31MjdtN). Steep price, but I want to support all-new TVC vehicles designed by Mark Boudreaux. It arrives tomorrow.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered with the $10 coupon and got an additional $10 off that Amazon gave me to make up for the poor way my X-Wing Luke helmet was shipped.

Reaction score
I had to wait until I got off work to make a few stops today:

Target 101/Indian Bend- Pretty picked over but still some BS6 and Vintage leftovers
Gamestop 101/IB- They had a few carbonized Second Sister figures but I passed. Tried to preorder Commander Fox but they found a store that had some in stock. They called and had one held for me. I thought the Purge Trooper was a GS exclusive but they couldn't find it in their computer.
Walmart Pima/Chaparral- Pretty picked over but still some BS6 and Vintage leftovers. I picked up Jabbas playset and left one on the shelf.
Gamestop AZ Mills- Picked up BS6 Commander Fox and a Mandalorian figure (even though I have a case ordred, I couldnt resist). They had two Fox figures left.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edited:
Ordered the 4 regular size Funko POP! I wanted from Hottopic.com. Rey, Connix, Mandalorian, and Second Sister. $9 each and free shipping to a local store.
Ordered the Carbonized Sith Trooper and the 6" Second Sister from Amazon.com, got free shipping.
Ordered the Carbonized Mandalorian from Target.com for store pickup tomorrow.
So I just need the 6" Rey, the VC Rey, and the 10" Black Boba Fett POP! at Target tomorrow morning. I preordered the 6" Commander Fox from Gamestop, so I have to stop there after work and pick him up and hope they still have a 6" Purge Trooper.
So to update my post from last night, I went to my local Target at open, they didn't have the 10" Black Boba POP!, they said they didn't get them in. I picked up the 6" Rey and the VC Rey, and picked up my order from last night of the Carbonized Mandalorian. I called the next closest Target and they didn't get them in either, according to the guy I talked to. So hopefully this will come back in stock online or in store.

After Work went to Gamestop to pick up my Preorder of the Cmndr. Fox. They didn't have any info on the Purge Stormtrooper.

So of all the items that were actually available, I bought/ordered everything I wanted except the Big Fett POP!

Also, just ordered the Sandtrooper POP! that is a shared exclusive with Target:
https://www.target.com/p/funko-pop--star-wars--sandtrooper--shared-nycc-debut-/-/A-76780245

Reaction score
I had to wait until I got off work to make a few stops today:

Target 101/Indian Bend- Pretty picked over but still some BS6 and Vintage leftovers
Gamestop 101/IB- They had a few carbonized Second Sister figures but I passed. Tried to preorder Commander Fox but they found a store that had some in stock. They called and had one held for me. I thought the Purge Trooper was a GS exclusive but they couldn't find it in their computer.
Walmart Pima/Chaparral- Pretty picked over but still some BS6 and Vintage leftovers. I picked up Jabbas playset and left one on the shelf.
Gamestop AZ Mills- Picked up BS6 Commander Fox and a Mandalorian figure (even though I have a case ordred, I couldnt resist). They had two Fox figures left.
My Gamestop couldn’t find the purge trooper in the computer either. I forgot to ask about Fox.

Reaction score
Like Ares said I was at the Chandler Mall WalMart last night. I wasn't after much and the only thing I didn't get at WalMart was a BS6 Mandalorian. In the morning I went to Chandler Mall Target and was the first one there. I thought this is either really good or really bad. It ended up being bad. When the store opened, they were still setting up the endcap display and the only product they had out were the Blu-ray rereleases. The lady eventually brought out some stuff, mostly Lego and the Mystery box. She said they had a whole pallet of stuff but had to unload the truck before they could bring it out and wasn't sure when that would be. So after waiting like 20 minutes I left and went to Ocotillo Target. Luckily they had one BS6 Mandalorian left. Then I had to go to work. Stopped by Country Club/Baseline WalMart and Gilbert/Southern Target and didn't see any SW except for some Funko at Target.

This was definitely the weakest Force Friday of them all so far. Hopefully the break in movies lets them build it up better next time.

Reaction score
Wow all of you guys were all over the place. Glad to see you that you got most if not all of what you were looking for.

Anybody here collecting the new 5” GOA line? I have been reading that they are cool figures with lots of articulation, accessories and removable stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow all of you guys were all over the place. Glad to see you that you got most if not all of what you were looking for.

Anybody here collecting the new 5” GOA line? I have been reading that they are cool figures with lots of articulation, accessories and removable stuff.
They look pretty nice and I may consider them, but considering all the other animated styles of figures I already have, it's tough to commit to a new one, especially at the price of the figures. I may get a few, but that usually gets me hooked.

Reaction score
Desiree opened her Pop! Car Dune and we then realized the cardboard insert was a Mandalorian symbol, so we checked the other 3 Mandalorian Pop! figures and all of them come with it. That's a nice perk for us.

The only thing I opened was a BS6 Mandalorian figure. It has major leg articulation, which makes me wonder if he will be riding atop some huge beast. Maybe a big orange dinosaur looking thing.

Oh and I did receive the other item I mentioned that was supposed to arrive today. After all the issues I had with the GG Amanaman bust arriving broken and then working out getting it exchanged and they never did completely reimburse me for return shipping charges, for some reason last week I received an email stating that my order had changed status and it showed me an Amanaman bust being processed. I assumed it was a classic GG screw-up and the email was coming after I received the item. It wouldn't be the first time. Then I checked my account and it was a new order with $0.00 cost and over the next few days the status kept changing. Then today it arrives. So I now have #420, #430 and #141 (missing arms). GG does incredible work, especially on non-human busts, but they're customer service is so completely screwed up.

Reaction score
So of all the items that were actually available, I bought/ordered everything I wanted except the Big Fett POP!

I got most of what I wanted no BIG Fett POP here either, still looking for BS Fox, & Purge Trooper and a VC Knight of Ren.

Reaction score
Oh and I did receive the other item I mentioned that was supposed to arrive today. After all the issues I had with the GG Amanaman bust arriving broken and then working out getting it exchanged and they never did completely reimburse me for return shipping charges, for some reason last week I received an email stating that my order had changed status and it showed me an Amanaman bust being processed. I assumed it was a classic GG screw-up and the email was coming after I received the item. It wouldn't be the first time. Then I checked my account and it was a new order with $0.00 cost and over the next few days the status kept changing. Then today it arrives. So I now have #420, #430 and #141 (missing arms). GG does incredible work, especially on non-human busts, but they're customer service is so completely screwed up.
Army building GG Amanamans?

Reaction score
Hottopic.com has a 30% flash sale today on the Funko POP! Kylor Ren in TIE Whisper and The First Order Tread Speeder. I held off buying these online yesterday hoping a 30% sale would happen soon plus I have $10 in rewards I can use on my purchase.

The 30% Flash Sale isn't on for the individual Star Wars POPs!

Reaction score
Hottopic.com has a 30% flash sale today on the Funko POP! Kylor Ren in TIE Whisper and The First Order Tread Speeder. I held off buying these online yesterday hoping a 30% sale would happen soon plus I have $10 in rewards I can use on my purchase.

The 30% Flash Sale isn't on for the individual Star Wars POPs!
I was able to get them to price match the online prices for the Pop!s yesterday and got the Kylo in TIE Whisper for $23 and the regular Pops for $9, plus the cashier was not able to adjust the prices well. He may have been new and gave me $2 extra off and then $5 in rewards, so I was thrilled.

Reaction score
This morning at Higley/Brown Hallmark I picked up the Keepsake Sith trooper ornament that came out for today's Hallmark ornament event.

MY TFF was pretty lame really. I hit 4 east valley WMs starting at midnight, but none had product out. I hit 35th Ave/Southern WM at 6am. Same story.

I went to 24th St/Baseline Target a little after 8am, but they were just putting out Funko Pops, and nothing else was out yet. I had to get to work so I couldn't wait.

Back at work I ordered all of the Pops from TROS, JFO and TM on Hot Topic, including the deluxe tread speeder. I was also able to get the NYCC Mandalorian and sandtrooper Pops when they went live at Funko Shop and Target.

Finally in the evening I tracked down 4 of the 5 TROS TVC figures. Still need a Knight of Ren. I went ahead and pre-ordered one on Amazon, but it ships in 1-3 weeks.

Glad I don't still collect BS6. Was it like $300 worth of common and exclusive figures released this weekend?

Reaction score
Desiree was nice enough to run to Chandler Mall again and hit GameStop where they were holding a Commander Fox for me. This allowed me to build Halloween. She also returned Poe's X-Wing at Barnes & Noble and the one I ordered off Amazon arrived about an hour ago.

Reaction score
I just ordered the VC Luke X-Wing from HasbroPulse. They show it with a 10/15 release, where Entertainment Earth shows a December release. Not sure who is right, but if it goes beyond 10/15, I may cancel the order and see if I can find a better deal. I haven't found it on Amazon yet.

Reaction score
Target has the deal Spend $50 get $10 off and spend $100 get $25 off. It figures they do this two days after TFF.

Not any mention of Star Wars in the Target Weekly Ad. Seriously?!?!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Target has the deal Spend $50 get $10 off and spend $100 get $25 off. It figures they do this two days after TFF.

Not any mention of Star Wars in the Target Weekly Ad. Seriously?!?!
You can order Poe’s X-Wing and get it for $80 if you throw in a low ost item to make it to $100

Reaction score
I got my POP! Sandtrooper in store today along with the black POP! 10" Boba.

I'm not sure when the POP! Knights of Ren are going to be released but it looks like the 5 of them are going to be exclusive--Funko Shop, FYE, Gamestop, FYE, Walmart and Hottopic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I checked shipping status of my Pop! Sandtrooper and it showed Wednesday, which cracks me up since Target is supposed to be two day shipping. Then as I'm outside working on Halloween, this delivery driver walks up and hands me a box. It's the Sandtrooper.

Also earlier today Germann & Gilbert Target showed three in stock.

I really love this Sandtrooper. Had I not recently spent a huge amount of money on TFF, I would've probably considered running to Target and getting another one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm really happy Funko finally released a Sandtrooper to pair with the Deluxe Sandtrooper and Dewback.

Funko has given us some figures we've wanted: Sith eyes Anakin, Sebulba, Watto, Aurra Sing, Lando Skiff Guard, Darth Maul #299, and the Sandtrooper, but they have released way too many repaints. Celebration and SDCC this year had 14 chrome figures and just three new sculpts and one of the new sculpts--the Sith Trooper was a convention only release.

Reaction score
I'm really happy Funko finally released a Sandtrooper to pair with the Deluxe Sandtrooper and Dewback.

Funko has given us some figures we've wanted: Sith eyes Anakin, Sebulba, Watto, Aurra Sing, Lando Skiff Guard, Darth Maul #299, and the Sandtrooper, but they have released way too many repaints. Celebration and SDCC this year had 14 chrome figures and just three new sculpts and one of the new sculpts--the Sith Trooper was a convention only release.

Is that why I couldn't find the Sith Trooper anywhere??? I kept meaning to ask all of you if you were able to find it. That's the only one I couldn't find.