Phoenix Board # 191: Skiffs, Guards, Retro Figures and Double Force Friday

Reaction score
HMMMMMMM

New Thread smell. Received my Retro case from EE Wednesday.

Here are a a few of the last posts from the previous thread

I just received notice from Amazon that my VC Stormtrooper order could not be fulfilled.

I quickly pre-ordered it again from Dork Side Toys and will probably just leave it this time.

Did any of the rest of you get a cancellation?

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my LEGO Death Star I. $350 for local pickup only. It is the original release:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tag/6950583099.html

People have complained about broken saber hilts and bad paint apps, but mine is fine. The problem with mine is that the hilt of her right-hand lightsaber is too long, so the weight of the bust is partly supported by that instead of fully by the base. A potential tipping-over hazard for sure. I currently have the bust on a riser so the right arm/hilt can hang off the side, but I might find something 1/4" thick to put under the bust so it sits level on a shelf.

There are also complaints about the cheap styrofoam DST is using. Some people have had parts of the Ahsoka bust poking through the foam.

Did you get the SDCC McQuarrie sandtrooper bust? Same cheap styrofoam. Difficult to remove from the box without tearing it up. Lots of complaints of bent rifle barrels and broken straps on these busts. The rifle on mine was slightly bent, but I was able to straighten it.

Reaction score
So 2 years ago last month I made a deal with Kielbassa for 3 Scarif Troopers. RDM picked them up for me as he also had a deal with Kielbassa.

Well after 2-3 failed lunch meet ups we finally were able to meet at Game On Expo today so that I could finally get my goods.

For an unnecessary “interest payment” RDM threw in a Tank Driver.

Not exactly Amazon Prime next day shipping but happy to finally have these in my hands since I didn’t grab them for whatever reason 2 years ago. Crazy to think that one of those was a TRU exclusive 2 years ago and now they are gone other than these new pop up stores they just announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
So 2 years ago last month I made a deal with Kielbassa for 3 Scarif Troopers. RDM picked them up for me as he also had a deal with Kielbassa.

Well after 2-3 failed lunch meet ups we finally were able to meet at Game On Expo today so that I could finally get my goods.

For an unnecessary “interest payment” RDM threw in a Tank Driver.

Not exactly Amazon Prime next day shipping but happy to finally have these in my hands since I didn’t grab them for whatever reason 2 years ago. Crazy to think that one of those was a TRU exclusive 2 years ago and now they are gone other than these new pop up stores they just announced.
That's an excellent interest payment.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- Nothing new in the Star Wars section, but I happened to be in the young kid aisle and they had the new giant Galactic Heroes Vader and Chewie. They're $10 each. I was walking up to the register with both and then decided I didn't really need them, so I put them back on the shelf. They had three of each.

Germann & Gilbert Ross- They had another Galactic Heroes set that I was not aware of.... Phasma/Stormtrooper with red pauldron ($3.99). I grabbed it and another Snowspeeder Luke/Snowtrooper ($3.99) and a Biker Scout with Speederbike ($2.99). They had a couple of the Dewbacks, but they're $10, so I passed.

Reaction score
Well, I did it... I caved and signed up for the HasLab giant Cookie Monster. I don't think it's going to make it though. It only has two weeks left and with my order has only 434 backers. The goal is 3000.

I know it sounds foolish, but I had a Cookie Monster that I took all over the place when I was a kid. He was probably about 18" tall or at least that's how I remember him, but I was small, so he may have been smaller than that.

Reaction score
Ares_X you will be included in the HasLab backers "VIP list" now :grin:

Has anybody here tried to get the Proto rainbow Vader from Target.com. I have an alert set on my phone and the last couple days I've been getting it between 3AM and 6AM so haven't been able to get it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ares_X you will be included in the HasLab backers "VIP list" now :grin:

Has anybody here tried to get the Proto rainbow Vader from Target.com. I have an alert set on my phone and the last couple days I've been getting it between 3AM and 6AM so haven't been able to get it.

Maybe not. I will not be ordering the Transformer.

Set your alarm so you're awake during 3am and 6am and you won't miss it?

Reaction score
Posted on Yakface.com...

Yakface said:
Research this morning via oversea shipping manifests has brought to my attention a new, unannounced convention exclusive coming for the Black Series line. It is unknown what it is at this point but as soon as I find more info, I’ll post an update. What I do know is that it is shipping in cases of 8 and heading to the Port of Los Angeles.

Reaction score
Posted on Yakface.com...
Weird that it says convention exclusive the only one I know of that came out was the Sith Trooper if it didn't say convention exclusive and it was just an exclusive I would say maybe the Obi-Wan Clone Wars from Walgreens.

Reaction score
Has anyone here sold there extra Jabba Sail Barge or extra carded Yakface yet? I'm getting to the point that I think I want to get it out of my house. Just wondering what others are doing.
Still hanging on to mine not getting rid of it in the foreseeable future. Maybe somebody close to me will need one someday.lol

Reaction score
Still hanging on to mine not getting rid of it in the foreseeable future. Maybe somebody close to me will need one someday.lol
I just get a little worried sometimes that Hasbro may decide to release it again. The HasLab website states this "HasLab products will only be available for purchase through Hasbro Pulse, under the terms and conditions described herein. We reserve the right to make the products (or similar versions of the products) available at other sources, such as online stores and retail locations, but such availability is not guaranteed."

To me this means if Hasbro slightly changes something, like a pack-in or lack of Yakface figure, that it would be a new product and they have every right to release it elsewhere. I would prefer not to get stuck with it and I wouldn't mind making a profit on it as well.

Reaction score
Posted on Yakface.com...

Yakface said:

Hasbro has announced that starting at D23, collectors will be able to purchase the standard 6″ Black Series Sith Trooper* and on Sept 4, it will be made available for purchase on HasbroPulse.com and other major online retailers.

*This is the same figure that will be available on October 4 in the first wave of Black Series figures for The Rise of Skywalker.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also posted on Yakface.com and this is AWESOME!!!

Yakface said:
Hasbro has sent word that Hasbro Pulse Premium Members will get one-day advanced access (Sept. 9) to purchase the exclusives from SDCC. Check your email for notification. Each exclusive is limit 2 per customer.

• 6″ Kenner Boba Fett $24.99
  • 6″ Black Series Sith Trooper $30
  • Luke Skywalker Jedi Destiny Set – $49.99
I'm not so worried about the Sith Trooper special packaging, but I definitely want the Boba Fett and the Luke 3-pack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We haven't had an Entertainment Earth Deal of the Day that included a Star Wars item for a while now. Today we get four.

BS6 Wave 18
$69.99

TLJ Phasma/Finn 2-pack
$5.99

Rogue One Deluxe vehicles Wave 1
$11.99

BS3 Wave 6
$12.99

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently ordered the BS6 Chopper figure because it was on sale on Amazon. I just received it yesterday. Despite being a chracter I am not fond of, this is a nice figure. It has a lot of features. I especially like the way Hasbro implemented the claw arms that protrude from the sides of his head.

Though can someone tell me if you push the middle leg all the way in, how do you get it back out without using pliers or tweezers?

I would also like to know how Chopper is able to have both a third roller leg and a rocket engine in the same compartment.

Reaction score
Also posted on Yakface.com and this is AWESOME!!!

I'm not so worried about the Sith Trooper special packaging, but I definitely want the Boba Fett and the Luke 3-pack.
I saw this yesterday, I am only interested in the Luke 3-pack and afetr seeing the price tag I went ahead and ordered one from Robotkingdom.com, price over there is $10 more so I figured that I better secure one now rather than roll the dice with Pulse, even with the Member day offering a day before they are released to the general public we all know that they always sell out in a matter of minutes and it also means that you have to be close to your computer at work or even in meetings. Anyway, If I get another one from Pulse on 9/9 great if not, I will already have one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday, I am only interested in the Luke 3-pack and afetr seeing the price tag I went ahead and ordered one from Robotkingdom.com, price over there is $10 more so I figured that I better secure one one rather than roll the dice with Pulse, even with the Member day offering a day before they are released to the general public we all know that they always sell out in a matter of minutes and it also means that you have to be close to your computer at work or even in meetings. Anyway, If I get another one from Pulse on 9/9 great if not, I will already have one.

Plus more than likely these will each be released singly down the road. That's what I am betting on if I do not get it on 9/9.

Reaction score
Has anyone head what the Mandalorians name will be? Has it been announced? They wouldn't make him a Fett would they?

Reaction score
According to a leaked source posted at JTA, this is the VTC case breakdown for Triple Force Friday.

• Episode 9 Rey
  • Episode 9 Knight of Ren
  • Episode 9 Zorri Bliss
  • Episode 9 Sith Jet Trooper (x2)
  • Episode 7 Poe Dameron repack/repaint
  • Episode 4 Luke Skywalker (Yavin Medal Ceremony) repack/repaint

How many of you are taking the Friday off work to hit up stores at midnight this year? I am. I probably don't need to, but it's fun.

Reaction score
I hope I will not regret this, but I just ordered an Anovos AT-AT Driver helmet (the last one) from Entertainment Earth. It was listed as "IN STOCK". I called EE just to verify it truly was in stock and that if there are any issues I would be dealing with EE and not Anovos and the rep assured me that all dealings are with them.

I'm a little leery about it because apparently the actual film used AT-AT helmet was a light grey and not white and this one was designed to match. The problem was since it was shot against a white background and shown in a darkened cockpit, it just always looked like a white helmet. So much so that every toy has been colored white. In my mind it has always been white. I hop it's not so grey that it looks weird. From the picture shown on Entertainment Earth's website, it looks to be white as well.

Reaction score
not sure if anyone will see this in time, there is a SSC Premium Format ANH Luke on eBay at $40 with $20 shipping right now. end in 20 mins. Not the best PF but a good price. 14 watchers I think

Reaction score
Rittenhouse & Ellsworth Ross- They had a ton of Star Wars items. Mostly Galactic Heroes, but a lot of it. The best thing I saw was the TIE Silencer with Kylo Ren for $7. I didn't need one, but almost bought it anyway. They also had two A-Wings and I left them.