Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Reaction score
Superstition Springs/Southern Ross picked up the only two BS6 Captain Rex's that I saw for $2.99 great deal for a great figure, one of them is for the grandkids. I broke down and picked up another TLJ 4 pack for $7.99 they had a few of that set.

Reaction score
I received the Funko Mystery Minis from Solo today and I'm pretty happy. Ultimately a Patrol Trooper and Enfys Nest would've been ideal, but I ended up with Tobias, Qi'ra and Lando. I'm okay with that. They are good representations of the movie.

Reaction score
I just received shipping notice from Walmart for the Jabba's Palace. It's due to arrive tomorrow.
Got mine today they shipped it in the original Hasbro box very cool I love this set I hope they make more of these awesome playsets.

Reaction score
On my way to meet up with the local Mandos and some Atlanta Mandos in North Scottsdale, I hit Gilbert & Germann Ross and picked up 4 Captain Rexs. What a great deal.

Then on my way home (at about 9:30), I tried AZ Ave & Ocotillo Ross with no luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Jabba’s palace adventure set shipped yesterday as well.
I thought you picked yours up at Walmart?

My Jabba's Palace playset was sitting at the front door. We've been so busy working on Mando kits in the back yard that we never even heard the delivery.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kind of off topic

I have been meaning to post this up for a while and finally remembered... Back in March I ended up getting a new miter saw. The main reason I wanted one was because the blade guard had broken off of mine. This makes it a bit dangerous. I bought it from Harbor Freight about two years ago. Other than the blade guard missing, it's in pretty decent shape. It may even be possible to order a new blade guard, but I decided to upgrade to something better.

To make this post on topic, you could use this saw for building armor (Desiree and I have), building dioramas (I have) and building light boxes for movie posters (I have), along with many other things. Anyone interested in it? It would be free of charge. You'd just have to come over and pick it up and it would have to be after next weekend because things are crazy for us getting ready for PFF.

Reaction score
I finally went to the mailbox and got my VC Elite Clone Trooper that arrived Friday. It was packed well and mint, but it is getting opened.

Reaction score
I thought you picked yours up at Walmart?

My Jabba's Palace playset was sitting at the front door. We've been so busy working on Mando kits in the back yard that we never even heard the delivery.
I will, tomorrow, shipped from LA on Friday.

Reaction score
I will, tomorrow, shipped from LA on Friday.

Oh!!! I misunderstood your previous post. I thought you were picking it up on Friday. Now I see that Walmart gave you the wrong date and didn't update until it was late. I've had that happen from them before.

I opened mine tonight and it's pretty nice. I love how you can configure the walls. Not crazy how the back of the walls are hollow. I do hope Hasbro releases add-on pieces to make the palace larger.

I haven't opened the figures yet. Is Ree Yees a new sculpt?

Reaction score
Barnes & Noble has the BS Archive figures for $4.99 each, but it looks like if you are ordering online, it's a random selection and requires store pick up.

Reaction score
Anybody here found the retro figures yet? Crazy that the street date has come and gone and none of the Targets seem to have them.

Reaction score
This was posted on Instagram by Natalie Portman...

Natalie Portman said:
So apparently, Phantom Menace came out exactly 20 years ago. I made this movie when I was 16 years old and had no idea how lucky I was to enter a world of extremely passionate fans. Grateful for all of you who keep caring about these characters.
I thought she hated being involved with Star Wars and thought it almost ruined her career?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Star Wars is still on top!

It does not look like Avengers: Endgame will overtake Star Wars: The Force Awakens in domestic Box Office sales. Avengers beat the opening weekend (blue), but not the 24 day sales (orange).

And here you see even TLJ exceeded Avengers in overseas.

But China loves them some Avengers!

Reaction score
This was posted on Instagram by Natalie Portman...

I thought she hated being involved with Star Wars and thought it almost ruined her career?
I am following her on Instagram and saw it yesterday. I had them same thoughts but I ended up liking her post :)

Reaction score
I am following her on Instagram and saw it yesterday. I had them same thoughts but I ended up liking her post :)
I love her post. I know Liam Neeson finally came back around and isn't the hater of Star Wars that he was. Maybe she's had time to let things settle a bit.

Reaction score
I was just getting on Brickseek for something else and decided to check the VC TIE Fighter again and noticed the Walmart near me that had them priced at $9 and has been out of stock for a while now has raised the price back up to $19. Probably to stop people from me from buying them elsewhere and then getting the price adjusted.

bac

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. I think I may keep it carded. At least for now. Thanks!
I was going to keep him carded but mine was all creased up. As was Han. So both were opened.

Reaction score
OK I feel like I have just been Punk'd. I see NOTHING on this page you linked about a Terminator trailer.
I do realize that I don't know much about FRIENDS as I scored poorly on the quiz. ;)

I have no idea how that got posted. Here's the real link.

Usually I verify my links too.

Reaction score
OK I feel like I have just been Punk'd. I see NOTHING on this page you linked about a Terminator trailer.
I do realize that I don't know much about FRIENDS as I scored poorly on the quiz. ;)

Oh and I scored 16 out of 19 correct in the Friends quiz.

Reaction score
Tried to post up last night, but the forum seems to be getting Database Errors every night.

Stopped by Germann & Gilbert Target late yesterday. They had a number of both VC Han Stormtrooper and BS6 Luke Death Star Escape. Did not see any retro figures.

Reaction score
Tried to post up last night, but the forum seems to be getting Database Errors every night.

Stopped by Germann & Gilbert Target late yesterday. They had a number of both VC Han Stormtrooper and BS6 Luke Death Star Escape. Did not see any retro figures.
It seems that they do forum maintenance between 10PM-10:30PM every day.

Same at Ocotillo Target, lots of ST Han and B6 Lukes but no retro figures yet.

bac

Reaction score
My pre-ordered case of TVC Wave 6 is now processing at EE. Will probably ship out early next week.

Reaction score
Just got back from the Con. Nothing too fabulous, but we did check out Billy Dee from the front of the line. I just wanted to see him walk out and he did and everyone (including myself) cheered. He had a very full line too. I may consider doing a photo op on Sunday with him. I have one lined up with Ray Park already.

Only thing I bought was a couple of pins, a Jabba metal lunch box ($5) and a Boba Fett T-shirt ($5). We barely got through the exhibit hall yet.

Going back early tomorrow to do the Mando group photo in our new Mando kits.