Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Reaction score
I received an email from Haslab:

Hi
Good news! Your Yakface return has reached us and has been processed.

We expect to ship a replacement figure during the week of June 6th, maybe sooner. A follow up email will be sent at the time of shipment so you’ll know to keep watch for the replacement.

We will be in contact soon.

Reaction score
I had a feeling you might be. I still have all my originals, but they are definitely in used condition. I think Leia is now purple. Something about the plastic used turned her arms and legs purple.
Me too (although not my originals since those were probably lost/damaged by my destructive cousins) I re-bought them many years ago when they were not that expensive, all of them are pretty mint and complete with original weapons. I have some more on a different shelf (Mainly Lukes and Fetts)

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
My VC Han Stormtrooper just arrived from Target. It wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow, but then changed this morning. I would say it's pretty much mint, but I just opened it.

The sculpt of the helmet is very well done. Especially for a removable helmet. The likeness to Harrison Ford is probably one of the best Hasbro has done. The only downside I can see to this figure is the white on the hand armor doesn't quite match the rest of the figure, but that's being super nitpicky.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't have that one unfortunately.
I completely lucked out and bought one as a kid. I just happened to get the Sears Cantina playset and couldn't understand why he was so different than the normal red version. I had no idea it was anything special. Luckily he's still in really good shape and I keep him safe in an acrylic container. I still have the cardboard playset too, but it definitely shows some wear.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Somebody in AZ ended up getting a VC TIE Fighter for $1. I knew about the store, but considering it's over 80 miles round trip from my house, it wouldn't have made economical sense to get one, plus there was the chance that Brickseek was incorrect on the count or they were stashed some place and it would be a wasted trip. I'll have to stick with the $9 price on the four I picked up.

They're still showing limited stock at that Walmart.

Walmart Supercenter #1549
2020 N 75Th Ave
Phoenix AZ 85035

As well as this one that has them for $5:

Walmart Supercenter #2512
1825 W Bell Rd
Phoenix AZ 85023

Last edited:
Reaction score
Somebody in AZ ended up getting a VC TIE Fighter for $1. I knew about the store, but considering it's over 80 miles round trip from my house, it wouldn't have made economical sense to get one, plus there was the chance that Brickseek was incorrect on the count or they were stashed some place and it would be a wasted trip. I'll have to stick with the $9 price on the four I picked up.

2020 N 75Th Ave
Phoenix AZ 85035

1825 W Bell Rd
Phoenix AZ 85023

Anybody know Chris? Nice Score

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-05-14-walmart-the-vintage-collection-tie-fighter-for-1/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just pre-ordered the BS Luke Skywalker helmet from Amazon. It's covered by the price guarantee. Depending on how Target is looking for Triple Force Friday, I may cancel this before, but I'd rather have it guaranteed. Though I will probably be able to pick this up a year later at a discounted price.

I also added on three Funko Mystery Minis from Solo as Add-On items for $3.67 each. I really like the Mystery Minis and would love to get all of them, but at around $6 each, they're a bit pricey for the size.

Reaction score
I just received this from Amazon...

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Star Wars The Vintage Collection - Episode VI Return of The Jedi - Jabba'S Tatooine Skiff Collectible Vehicle"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDRK4R3

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us?ref=fxm_em_2_4

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Not sure what the deal is. Luckily I can still pre-order from HasbroPulse.

Reaction score

2020 N 75Th Ave
Phoenix AZ 85035

Same store where I snagged a Big Falcon for $64 a few years ago.

Reaction score

2020 N 75Th Ave
Phoenix AZ 85035

1825 W Bell Rd
Phoenix AZ 85023
I checked the store on Bell awhile back when Brickseek showed 5 in stock at $5. I searched high and low all over the toy dept. and didn't find any. Multiple employees told me they did not have a clearance section and I still looked in the usual spots anyways. My guess was that either the inventory was off or an employee had them stashed in the back. Even with my long work commute the store was a bit out of the way for me. So when I saw that the 75thAve store had some for a $1, I didn't even bother driving out there.

Reaction score
Anybody else here preordered a Jabbas Palace set from Walmart.com? Yak face is reporting that CCs are being charged. I just checked mine and indeed it was charged.

Reaction score
I checked the store on Bell awhile back when Brickseek showed 5 in stock at $5. I searched high and low all over the toy dept. and didn't find any. Multiple employees told me they did not have a clearance section and I still looked in the usual spots anyways. My guess was that either the inventory was off or an employee had them stashed in the back. Even with my long work commute the store was a bit out of the way for me. So when I saw that the 75thAve store had some for a $1, I didn't even bother driving out there.

I had the same thing happen at AZ Ave & Pecos Walmart. It showed $8 in stock for $19. Looked all over the store and couldn't find them. A stocker even checked the back for me. They were resetting the clearance aisle, so I have a feeling they may have been on a pallet someplace.

Reaction score
Ares - you’ll be bummed to hear the guy from Game of Thrones had to cancel his appearance at PCC this year.

Reaction score
Pavillions Target- I picked the only BS6 Stormtrooper Luke, and 2 of the 3 BS3 Strormtrooper Hans on the pegs. Any body seen the Retro figs?? I wonder If Im using the right DPCI.

Reaction score
I just received shipping notice from Walmart for the Jabba's Palace. It's due to arrive tomorrow.
When did you order it? I ordered mine on May 1st and haven't heard anything yet. It shows that it will be ready for pick up today after 6PM but I doubt it.

Reaction score
When did you order it? I ordered mine on May 1st and haven't heard anything yet. It shows that it will be ready for pick up today after 6PM but I doubt it.

I ordered at 7:45am on May 1st. It is probably because mine is being delivered and you're picking up. I'm okay with that. I have plans tonight meeting people in Scottsdale and don't want to pick it up on my motorcycle since it may be too large for saddlebags and I plan to be working on my new Mando armor all weekend since it's the last weekend before PFF and I don't want to run anywhere if I don't have to.