Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Wow, after spending $25 on a retro Tarkin on ebay several weeks back. Low and behold found 6 Escape the Death Star Games with Tarkin at Target on 27th ave and 101. $19.99 each. Thought any retro figures were going to be long gone. Was surprised EE got them. Still hoping Ross gets these and Hans. Also scored a $6.99 Wampa at the Ross over there as well. They had a few Enfys Nest and Rathars at $6.99 as well.

Maybe you should visit the forum more often. I remember posting that my Target had tons of Tarkin games for quite a while. It was the only Retro item they ever received.

Reaction score
Posted on Yakface.com...

Yakface said:

It took some time to find public information for this one but there is another Black Series Helmet set for release and this one may tie to The Mandalorian based on the footage shown at Star Wars Celebration. Based on the stormtrooper helmet released for Rogue One, this helmet is for the Incinerator Trooper and is said to be a fan channel exclusive.
I will definitely be getting one of these. It will be my fourth Hasbro Stormtrooper helmet. One regular version and two Shocktroopers so far. I skipped the Amazon exclusive Shadowtrooper. I actually wouldn't mind getting another regular version, but I never saw them hit a deep clearance. Hopefully that is reason for Hasbro to re-release them at some point.

Reaction score
Maybe you should visit the forum more often. I remember posting that my Target had tons of Tarkin games for quite a while. It was the only Retro item they ever received.

Ive hit countless targets last 2 months. First time I’ve ever seen anything retro. From what I’ve read anything retro and the target exclusives were gone and online retailers may or may not get them or stores like Ross or other discount chains. Now the main page is saying that retro Vader prototype was found at a target. I thought that was an exclusive to sdcc.

regarding the retro wave if hasbro did figures that were never made in the original line....like tarkin, I’m all for this. Or even prequel figures as retro. That would be cool. Haven’t heard anything about future waves.

bbts shipment arrived this morning with skiff 3pack and skiff. I have yet to open these but will probably open tonight. Bbts still shows both in stock. They have been a good source lately on getting stuff.

Reaction score
I just received shipping notice from Amazon for my Skiffs. They're due to arrive tomorrow. I have a feeling they will not be mint because they're being shipped with a 40# bag of dog food. I would hope they wouldn't put them in the same shipping box, but who knows. As long as the skiffs are okay, I really don't care though.

Reaction score
My Skiffs arrived today and Amazon did exactly what I thought they would... One large box filled with two skiffs and a 40# bag of dog food. Surprisingly one of them was in pretty much perfect condition. The other not so much.

Luckily the skiff itself was unharmed and I already assembled it and it's very nice. Definitely a step up from the old version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tip....always mark them as gifts. They usually ship those in seperate boxes.

Reaction score
I just ordered one of these from Target. I had never heard of it before, but it's kind of goofy and it's Boba Fett and it's on clearance.

$11.24. The total came to $11.51 after tax and the 5% Redcard discount

Reaction score
Thanks for posting about the new Holiday droid, 1st time ive seen that. Just found 1 on ebay and ordered it. I missed out on the glow in the dark one from couple years ago. I try to get all the disney droid and holiday droids. Disney really hasnt added any smaller ones in the build a droid gift shop section in star tours since force awakens came out. Only 4-packs and such. Hoping they do continue this since they are doing the large versions with galaxy edge.

Reaction score
I'll definitely grab one of those droids when I go to Disney in October.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention I stopped at Germman & Gilbert Target yesterday and so no signs of the prototype Vader. The entire store is under construction, so it could be likely these are sitting in a box someplace still waiting to be put out. They have moved everything in this store and some is complete and some of it is nowhere close.

Reaction score
The VC Stormtroopers are available on Amazon for $13 each right now. The seller only has 11 left. I just ordered 8 of them and will be cancelling my DorksideToys order. This comes in $6 cheaper and is in stock now and should arrive within a week. It's not Prime.

Reaction score
The VC Stormtroopers are available on Amazon for $13 each right now. The seller only has 11 left. I just ordered 8 of them and will be cancelling my DorksideToys order. This comes in $6 cheaper and is in stock now and should arrive within a week. It's not Prime.
Thanks I snagged 4 of them!

Reaction score

Thx it said 5 left so I grabbed 5, afterwards it still says 5 available not sure if it takes time to update or what.

Reaction score
I got shipping notice for my skiffs too.

My GG Ahsoka bust is out for delivery today as well.
So did you get your Ahsoka bust what do you think of it is it pretty nice? Still waiting to get mine couldn't get it from GG they were sold out so I had to get it from Razors Edge, probably take them a little bit longer to get it in. I'm anxious to put her with her sabers.

Reaction score
So did you get your Ahsoka bust what do you think of it is it pretty nice? Still waiting to get mine couldn't get it from GG they were sold out so I had to get it from Razors Edge, probably take them a little bit longer to get it in. I'm anxious to put her with her sabers.
I ordered mine from Entertainment Earth. Still waiting too.

Reaction score
People have complained about broken saber hilts and bad paint apps, but mine is fine. The problem with mine is that the hilt of her right-hand lightsaber is too long, so the weight of the bust is partly supported by that instead of fully by the base. A potential tipping-over hazard for sure. I currently have the bust on a riser so the right arm/hilt can hang off the side, but I might find something 1/4" thick to put under the bust so it sits level on a shelf.

There are also complaints about the cheap styrofoam DST is using. Some people have had parts of the Ahsoka bust poking through the foam.

Did you get the SDCC McQuarrie sandtrooper bust? Same cheap styrofoam. Difficult to remove from the box without tearing it up. Lots of complaints of bent rifle barrels and broken straps on these busts. The rifle on mine was slightly bent, but I was able to straighten it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
People have complained about broken saber hilts and bad paint apps, but mine is fine. The problem with mine is that the hilt of her right-hand lightsaber is too long, so the weight of the bust is partly supported by that instead of fully by the base. A potential tipping-over hazard for sure. I currently have the bust on a riser so the right arm/hilt can hang off the side, but I might find something 1/4" thick to put under the bust so it sits level on a shelf.

There are also complaints about the cheap styrofoam DST is using. Some people have had parts of the Ahsoka bust poking through the foam.

Did you get the SDCC McQuarrie sandtrooper bust? Same cheap styrofoam. Difficult to remove from the box without tearing it up. Lots of complaints of bent rifle barrels and broken straps on these busts. The rifle on mine was slightly bent, but I was able to straighten it.
I definitely noticed the cheap Styrofoam used on the McQuarrie Sandtrooper. I think I even made comment about it here. It's sad to think they felt this was an area where they could cut costs.

Thanks for the info about the saber.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I definitely noticed the cheap Styrofoam used on the McQuarrie Sandtrooper. I think I even made comment about it here. It's sad to think they felt this was an area where they could cut costs.

Thanks for the info about the saber.
Yeah the new styrofoam sucks and I don't like that they don't have the Star Wars logo on the bottom of the busts,I understand that they took GG off but need to come up with something.

Reaction score

I use the acrylic risers on some of my busts too. If I'm looking to raise them up just a little bit I also use a roll of black electrical tape it usually costs under a dollar to buy a role its less than an inch thick and then you can also take some off the roll to make the diameter of the roll smaller. It matches the bases pretty well.

I'm glad your Ahsoka bust arrived in good shape.

Reaction score
So I received the Stugz coffee mug from Target yesterday (2 days early) and it is far bigger than I ever imagined. The plush is not incredible, but it's cute. Not sorry I ordered it.

I put Chewie next to it to give an idea on size.

Reaction score
Went to Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge last Friday. It was great, we had reservations for Oga's cantina and had a few drinks while in there. I bought a couple of BAD's (the small ones, not the $100 ones :)). We had Aunt Beru's blue milk, it was good but not great. Rode on the Falcon's Smuggler run twice. Glad that we were able to make it, we had a great time. Ares_X, I can see where you can spend well over $1,000 with all the stuff they have, you will have lots of fun when you are there next year.

Reaction score
Went to Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge last Friday. It was great, we had reservations for Oga's cantina and had a few drinks while in there. I bought a couple of BAD's (the small ones, not the $100 ones :)). We had Aunt Beru's blue milk, it was good but not great. Rode on the Falcon's Smuggler run twice. Glad that we were able to make it, we had a great time. Ares_X, I can see where you can spend well over $1,000 with all the stuff they have, you will have lots of fun when you are there next year.

I spend over $1000 on Force Fridays. I can see spending somewhere around $5000 while we're gone and that's not including the hotel or tickets to Disney or Celebration. Desiree and I both plan to build lightsabers and astromechs and I have my eye on all kinds of other stuff too.

Reaction score
I received my VC Skiff Guard 3-pack today and then received notice that HasbroPulse shipped the same order I had with them even though they told me last week they weren't shipping until September. I called and they have attempted to get it returned to them and if I still receive it I am supposed to contact them and see what they can do. The guy on the phone even said he was told September.

Reaction score
I just received notice from Amazon that my VC Stormtrooper order could not be fulfilled.

I quickly pre-ordered it again from Dork Side Toys and will probably just leave it this time.

Did any of the rest of you get a cancellation?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just received notice from Amazon that my VC Stormtrooper order could not be fulfilled.

I quickly pre-ordered it again from Dork Side Toys and will probably just leave it this time.

Did not order additional Stormies. I did cancel my skiff order from Pulse and placed one on Amazon.

Reaction score

Yep, my order was also cancelled.