Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I'm loving the new look of the skiff the paint job should match the sail barge nicely, can't wait to get them.
It's about time we see a comparison shot. The size is not vastly different, but I never thought the original was all that undersized. The problem were those huge handles and the other areas that took up floor space. Hasbro definitely took it away from looking like a toy and more like a replica. I'm looking forward to these. Now I'm sort of wishing I would've sold a couple of my other ones and not just the two that I did when there was still a market for it.

Reaction score
I just got an email from EE that my VC 3 pack of skiff guards has shipped no date on it yet but it usually arrives fast from California.
Mine says it will be here tomorrow. Tunghori had the new skiff guard loose on ebay for $16.99. Kinda wish I had gone that route instead of paying for two repack figures, but the EE pre-order processed while I was travelling.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wondered what had happened to you. I think I'm the only person posting since Sunday.

Did you go anywhere good? You didn't go to SDCC, did you?
I actually had SDCC badges for Thursday this year, but had to get refunds. Two of my kids (and my nephew) shoot shotguns competitively, and they all placed in events at State and made it to the National competition in Ohio. It was the same week as SDCC. We were in OH for a week and then went up to Niagara Falls. Spent a couple days in Chicago on the way back.

Reaction score
I actually had SDCC badges for Thursday this year, but had to get refunds. Two of my kids (and my nephew) shoot shotguns competitively, and they all placed in events at State and made it to the National competition in Ohio. It was the same week as SDCC. We were in OH for a week and then went up to Niagara Falls. Spent a couple days in Chicago on the way back.

Wow! That's a lot of travel.

Reaction score
Got a shipping notice from Hasbro Pulse for the final 3 items of my 9 item order, 3 of the Archive figures. They are all shipping separately, like the rest of the order.

Reaction score
I saw this morning that So I took a chance and Amazon has the Skiff available again. They show a release date of 8/1. I'm taking a chance and ordering from there in hope that Amazon and HabroPulse does not both ship at the same time and I get stuck with 4 of these. I will cancel one once the other ships. Amazon is giving me a delivery date of 8/5. The total price is identical for both. Amazon does have the price guarantee, so there's a slight chance it could go down, but doubtful.

Reaction score
I saw this morning that So I took a chance and Amazon has the Skiff available again. They show a release date of 8/1. I'm taking a chance and ordering from there in hope that Amazon and HabroPulse does not both ship at the same time and I get stuck with 4 of these. I will cancel one once the other ships. Amazon is giving me a delivery date of 8/5. The total price is identical for both. Amazon does have the price guarantee, so there's a slight chance it could go down, but doubtful.
Thanks for the tip. I pre-ordered two skiffs from Walmart way back in February. The release date still says October 20th. I cancelled that order (same price) and re-ordered from Amazon.

Reaction score
Wow, lots of stuff shipping and becoming available for preorder while I was out traveling the last few weeks. I got some gammies delivered and I will be ordering the retro wave here soon. Trying to get the jet lag off.

Reaction score
I got the TVC skiff guards from EE yesterday. I opened the new Vedain figure.

Anyone interested in TVC carded versions of the repack Vizam and/or Brock Starsher figures?

Reaction score
Stopped by Germann & Gilbert Ross and found something I didn't even know existed.

They had two of them for $3.99 each, so I grabbed both along with a Luke /Snowtrooper set as well.
LoL I was about to post the same thing, found mine at 90thst / Lower Buckeye

Reaction score
LoL I was about to post the same thing, found mine at 90thst / Lower Buckeye
That's hilarious. The Kylo pretty much sucks, but the Praetorian Guard was worth $4 to me.

Lately if I go into a Ross I find all of the Star Wars items and I clear a section of shelves and put them all nicely displayed next to each other. Desiree thinks I'm nuts, but then she starts helping me.

Reaction score
skiff

Bigbadtoystore.com says my order for the skiff has shipped, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting these yet. Has anyone gotten one? I didn’t even preorder I just ordered off the website. I see a lot of people got the 3 pack of figures but not the vehicle.

from looking at stores lately, i don’t think we are going to see much until triple force Friday on October 4th. Stores have been terrible.

Reaction score
Bigbadtoystore.com says my order for the skiff has shipped, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting these yet. Has anyone gotten one? I didn’t even preorder I just ordered off the website. I see a lot of people got the 3 pack of figures but not the vehicle.

from looking at stores lately, i don’t think we are going to see much until triple force Friday on October 4th. Stores have been terrible.

I've heard of some sites shipping the skiffs already. I just wasn't aware of which ones. I just checked with Hasbro this morning about the skiffs and the skiff guards and was told that Hasbro has deals with certain retailers to where they get them first. HasbroPulse is not set to ship until September for both. I have already found the same deal for the skiffs on Amazon and they ship later this week, so I will be canceling the HasbroPulse order once I receive them. I can wait on the Skiff guards, but if I find them at the same price or cheaper shipped, then I will be changing that order too.

I will certainly consider all of this when deciding on ordering from HasbroPulso or not. HasbroPulse is considered a retailer for Hasbro. Not Hasbro. I was told if I order from HasbroPulse the order is guaranteed.

Reaction score
I've heard of some sites shipping the skiffs already. I just wasn't aware of which ones. I just checked with Hasbro this morning about the skiffs and the skiff guards and was told that Hasbro has deals with certain retailers to where they get them first. HasbroPulse is not set to ship until September for both. I have already found the same deal for the skiffs on Amazon and they ship later this week, so I will be canceling the HasbroPulse order once I receive them. I can wait on the Skiff guards, but if I find them at the same price or cheaper shipped, then I will be changing that order too.

I will certainly consider all of this when deciding on ordering from HasbroPulso or not. HasbroPulse is considered a retailer for Hasbro. Not Hasbro. I was told if I order from HasbroPulse the order is guaranteed.

Im surprised in Hasbro pulse, you would think they would get stuff around same time. Hoping these land by end of week. I probably should get 1 more to go with the barge, then it will be complete. Finding some of these older legacy and vintage collection figures is getting difficult too. Glad they released that new 3pack to go with skiff.

Reaction score
Im surprised in Hasbro pulse, you would think they would get stuff around same time. Hoping these land by end of week. I probably should get 1 more to go with the barge, then it will be complete. Finding some of these older legacy and vintage collection figures is getting difficult too. Glad they released that new 3pack to go with skiff.

It's a way of negotiating. If Amazon wants to take the item, they probably want to get it before everyone else, so since Amazon is pretty guaranteed to sell more than most collector websites, they get the deal. BBTS and Entertainment Earth may do enough sales to warrant the same kind of deal.

Reaction score
Today was a cool delivery day!

My Kids Warehouse order arrived: Jakks 31" Death Trooper. This thing is super cool. For some reason it doesn't look as plasticy as most of the Jakks figures. I think I may at some point modify it to have a better pose like I did for the 501st Clone Trooper years ago. 3 VC FO Stormtroopers and 2 VC Range Troopers. They all arrived in one big box together with no padding and only one of the figures is dinged up. I have no clue how that happened.

My BBTS order also arrived: 2 BS6 Range Troopers and some Mini Co Heroes Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I know they're not Star Wars, but they're really nice looking. I think now I may need Aqua Man and Flash.

Reaction score
I was hoping HasbroPulse would ship skiffs and guarda at about the same time as the other retailers. A month later doesn’t sound that good. Oh well, I’ll just wait.

Reaction score
Last week, I received an email from EE with a $10 off and FREE shipping coupon code for in stock merchandise only. I decided to wait to see if the retro Kenner wave hit stock before the code expired and it did today. I ordered the case for about $57 shipped with tax. Not sure if the code is for one time use but here it is: INSDCC19.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was hoping HasbroPulse would ship skiffs and guarda at about the same time as the other retailers. A month later doesn’t sound that good. Oh well, I’ll just wait.

Did you see my post about the Skiff on Amazon for the same price and supposed to start shipping on Thursday? I ordered two from there and will cancel the two from HasbroPulse when they arrive.

Reaction score
My 2 Skiffs from Amazon have shipped, should be here tomorrow. Also my retro wave case have shipped from EE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My 2 Skiffs from Amazon have shipped, should be here tomorrow. Also my retro wave case have shipped from EE.
I got shipping notice for my skiffs too.

My GG Ahsoka bust is out for delivery today as well.

Reaction score
I preordered 2 cases (one to open, one to keep mint) the day they went up.

Reaction score
Amazon is now showing 8/8 as the new ship date for the Skiff. It was 8/1. Not sure if this includes my order, but I have a feeling it may since I have not received shipping notice yet.

UPDATE: Amazon shows my Skiffs arriving Monday on my order detail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you would like your floor cleaned poorly, but look really cool doing it, here you go!

I tried one of these automated vacuums about 6 months ago. It went back to the store a few days later. They're pretty pathetic.

Reaction score
Retro Returns to Target!

Wow, after spending $25 on a retro Tarkin on ebay several weeks back. Low and behold found 6 Escape the Death Star Games with Tarkin at Target on 27th ave and 101. $19.99 each. Thought any retro figures were going to be long gone. Was surprised EE got them. Still hoping Ross gets these and Hans. Also scored a $6.99 Wampa at the Ross over there as well. They had a few Enfys Nest and Rathars at $6.99 as well.

Last edited: