Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Reaction score
mmmmmmhhhhhhhh New thread smell

I got a pile of loot yesterday from BBTS with Yakface and some figures I got on clearance for $1-$2 bucks.

I am hoping to score a few of the Retro figures from Target this week, just interested in Luke and Vader.

Few posts from last thread

Forgot to post up but we went to Chandler mall earlier today to Build-A-Bear for the grandkids they were having a special on the Star Wars Build-A-Bears buy one get one for $4. We picked up a Rey and a Chewie for them. I wanted to get the Chewie in honor of Peter Mayhew who passed this week.
I finally get to cross off the BS3 Praetorian Guard, which is hilarious since the same exact figure is about to be all over the place. Thanks Desert Trooper!

bac- Last night I tried to get my Walmart to price match the 4 TIE Fighters, but the girl wouldn't do it. So I returned them since I don't need $80 in more TIE Fighters. I planned to stop back by this morning to then buy them at the discounted price. They were still showing on BrickSeek when I went to bed. Then this morning it stated "Limited Quantity" and then just before we left to leave they were gone. So I picked up two more from Riverview Walmart and will try again. I think it's all about who you get in Customer Service. This girl acted like she had something to prove. Even Desiree said she was wielding the little power she had.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
This Walmart currently shows 2 VC TIE Fighters in stock on Brickseek and they're listed for $1.

Walmart Supercenter #1549
2020 N 75Th Ave
Phoenix AZ 85035

My guess is you'll never find them in the store. I went to a store that had 8 listed yesterday and they were nowhere to be found, but they were also resetting the Clearance aisle, so they were probably on a pallet someplace.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to Ares for the exchange yesterday and for the Target Vader. I was stunned when the red chrome Vader arrived last night--that's lightning quick service. The POP! looks pretty nice but the best part, for me, is it arrived undamaged.

I stopped by Tempe Marketplace Barnes and Noble yesterday and bought the kotobukiya ART/FX Luke and Leia 2 pack for 50% off. Barnes' 20% off Star Wars sell, on select items, ends today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to Ares for the exchange yesterday and for the Target Vader. I was stunned when the red chrome Vader arrived last night--that's lightning quick service. The POP! looks pretty nice but the best part, for me, is it arrived undamaged.

I stopped by Tempe Marketplace Barnes and Noble yesterday and bought the kotobukiya ART/FX Luke and Leia 2 pack for 50% off. Barnes' 20% off Star Wars sell, on select items, ends today.
Nice to hear it arrived undamaged and I was blown away with the shipping speed. That's insane. Better than Amazon in a lot of cases.

Reaction score
Stapley & Baseline WM - left 2 sets of the Hot Wheels Resistance Starfighter ships

Reaction score
Not sure where Yakface.com got this information, but here's the schedule for the next Star Wars films after The Rise of Skywalker...

Untitled Star Wars 12/16/2022
Untitled Star Wars 12/20/2024
Untitled Star Wars 12/18/2026

I personally like this schedule. Every year is too often.

UPDATE: Apparently this was released by Disney and is on a number of sites.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure where Yakface.com got this information, but here's the schedule for the next Star Wars films after The Rise of Skywalker...

Untitled Star Wars 12/16/2022
Untitled Star Wars 12/20/2024
Untitled Star Wars 12/18/2026

I personally like this schedule. Every year is too often.

UPDATE: Apparently this was released by Disney and is on a number of sites.
It was also on CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/media/disney-star-wars-avatar-movie-release/index.html

bac

Reaction score
There is some gorgeous work. I'd love to get some of the more obscure characters for dios, but they are not cheap.
There are a lot of awesome aliens in the Disney films. I wish Hasbro could come up with a way to get them to us in the VC line. Put them in the right sales channel and they'll sell fast.

One of endless examples:

Reaction score
There are a lot of awesome aliens in the Disney films. I wish Hasbro could come up with a way to get them to us in the VC line. Put them in the right sales channel and they'll sell fast.

One of endless examples:

I agree, but that's no VC figure. He's big enough to be part of the creature line like a Dewback. I do feel someday we may get all of the aliens we want, but it may be a very long time. I'm still waiting for my Twi'leks, Ann & Tann Gella, from TPM.

bac

Reaction score
I agree, but that's no VC figure. He's big enough to be part of the creature line like a Dewback. I do feel someday we may get all of the aliens we want, but it may be a very long time. I'm still waiting for my Twi'leks, Ann & Tann Gella, from TPM.
He's a VC figure in a small box like the Target Tauntaun. And it would look great.

The VC focus this year has certainly been online versus traditional retail. I feel online is the only way many of the aliens we want will ever happen.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yakface.com has listed a rumor that the following three figures are coming in the BS6 line.

I can't believe we don't have a Jar Jar or Dooku yet.

Though it's the Commander Bly that I am really excited about.

Reaction score
Somehow I reached my 30-day article limit and they want me to pay to keep reading, so I was never able to read the third link. That was the one I was most interested in.

Thanks for the info.

Any idea when you plan to go to this?
Basically once the land reaches capacity in the morning you’ll have to use the Disneyland app to book a time to enter the land. You’ll get a notification when your time comes and then have 2 hours to get there. Or there will be kiosks for people who don’t wanna use their phones. You have to be in the parks to get a time. Can’t be on your way. Once you get into the land you’re not limited to how long you can stay.

They did did say that during the reservation period they plan to keep the land under capacity and want the Falcon ride wait to be under 2 hours. We'll see how that goes.

My reservation is for June 6th from 8-12 am.

Reaction score
Basically once the land reaches capacity in the morning you’ll have to use the Disneyland app to book a time to enter the land. You’ll get a notification when your time comes and then have 2 hours to get there. Or there will be kiosks for people who don’t wanna use their phones. You have to be in the parks to get a time. Can’t be on your way. Once you get into the land you’re not limited to how long you can stay.

They did did say that during the reservation period they plan to keep the land under capacity and want the Falcon ride wait to be under 2 hours. We'll see how that goes.

My reservation is for June 6th from 8-12 am.

WOW! You're brave to do it so soon, but I know you're a Disneyland nut.

Desiree and I were just discussing it and we're probably going to do Celebration next year and then stay after to do Galaxies Edge for a few days. Out biggest problem is finding someone to watch our dogs, but we think my eldest son may help us out.

So you're doing it at night? I think I would prefer the day. Though you'll be much cooler at night.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So last week I attempted to return some $19 TIE Fighters that Desiree picked up for me to my Walmart that has them priced at $9 and re-buy them and I was denied, so I just returned them.

So when I met with Desert Trooper, I picked up the only two TIE Fighters at Riverview Walmart for $40 each. Then today I tried again at my Walmart and this time I got the right person. She even commented on what a great deal it was. So I think I'm done with VC TIE Fighters for now. I have one I got at full price the day they came out and 4 at $9. Plus I still have a bunch of the large wing TIE fighters in the packaging from years ago and opened ones.

Reaction score
We went to the Disneyland Halloween hard ticket event last year and it was a fantastic way to enjoy the park with lighter crowds. I thought it would be a great way to get into GE with minimized crowds but I guess they are only offering the Halloween event at California Adventure this year. Kind of a bummer. But I know they are obviously going to try and maximize on the opening of GE for as long as possible.

Reaction score
Wow, I have had mine for a week. I am pretty sure you bought before me. Oh well, at least you have them and are ready to go.
I have a full event pass. Maybe they went out last. Not sure. Just glad they're here.

What day are you going? We'll be sporting new Mando armor on Saturday, but I'm guessing you'll be going on Friday like usual.

Reaction score
I have a full event pass. Maybe they went out last. Not sure. Just glad they're here.

What day are you going? We'll be sporting new Mando armor on Saturday, but I'm guessing you'll be going on Friday like usual.
Yep. Just Friday for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I ordered Ham late last night and just this morning I received a notification from the target app that he is ready for pick up.
I'm going to guess you meant Han and not a deli meat.

I could've ordered for store pick up, but did't want to run over on Mother's Day even though we were right there for breakfast. And I didn't want to have to make a special trip when delivery is free. It's supposed to arrive Wednesday.

Reaction score
I'm going to guess you meant Han and not a deli meat.

I could've ordered for store pick up, but did't want to run over on Mother's Day even though we were right there for breakfast. And I didn't want to have to make a special trip when delivery is free. It's supposed to arrive Wednesday.
Lol, Han indeed. Picked it up today since Target is just a stone’s throw away from my house. It is a nice looking figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Entertainment Earth's Deal of the Day

BS6 First Order Snowtrooper

$13.99

It's a nice price, but I got a bunch of these in the $5-$6 range when I bought something like four at a time. Plus, Amazon currently has them for $13.96 with FREE Prime shipping.

Last edited: