Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

bac

Reaction score
On truck for delivery here. Though I don't have a time window -- just "by end of day"

bac

Reaction score
haha fair enough, Ares. It's all good, and will soon be a day long remembered.

I have a work call from 10 to 10:30. Murphy's Law says that's when my Barge will arrive.

Reaction score
I realized I wouldn’t be home for the drop off, so I put in a change to have it dropped off at the FedEx location nearby. At least I know I will get it before the weekend now.

Reaction score
My barge will be at the FedEx location near me today. If I can't fit it into my Elantra hatchback, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it with my wife's SUV because she teaches on Thursday nights.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I was reluctant to order the barge and did it almost at the deadline. Haven't received mine yet but I wish I would have ordered one or two more.

You're not the only one. With BBTS selling these for $1200, that means we can easily sell for $1000. Once all the etailers sell out I have a feeling that price is going to climb. Desiree is wanting me to wait a while before selling. I just don't want to miss a window of opportunity.

My neighbors have contractors over installing new flooring (I think). Every time my dogs bark at them I jump and run downstairs to see if it's Fed Ex.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The driver had to verify I only had two because apparently he had another one on his truck for someone near by. I told him I would take it.

He also asked if they were for me. I told him "yes" and he said he could tell. Apparently I showed some excitement. I heard the truck coming and was down there before he even got out.

Reaction score
This came shipped in two boxes like what was indicated on other sites.

Neither of my boxes are absolute mint.

One has this dent in the corner:

One has this fold of the cardboard in the corner (obviously done when packing it):

Both are on the same corner. I don't think Hasbro is going to send me a replacement for these minor issues.

So which would you guys consider more desirable to keep in box? I would guess the second one.

Oh and the box is not taped, so I can probably open it and check things out and nobody would be the wiser.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Enjoy Ares!

- Edit -- keep the second one sealed

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Would you contact Hasbro about those kind of damages?
I wouldn't. Considering FedEx hauling it and the size of the box I'd call both of yours a win -- and would be thrilled if mine looked like that.

There are pictures out there of boxes with giant gashes in them. That's what I'm afraid of.

Reaction score
I wouldn't. Considering FedEx hauling it and the size of the box I'd call both of yours a win -- and would be thrilled if mine looked like that.

There are pictures out there of boxes with giant gashes in them. That's what I'm afraid of.

Yeah. That's what I was concerned about too. I saw some of those pics this morning. The driver almost looked like he was going to drop the first box. He wasn't super tall, so it was quite a bit of his height.

bac

Reaction score
Barge 1 of 2 received. Outer box looks decent. Minor scuffing along the top. Nothing major. I gotta wait for the second one tomorrow now. Ugh.

Looking forward to more pics, Ares!

Reaction score
Whoa baby!!!

The driver had to verify I only had two because apparently he had another one on his truck for someone near by. I told him I would take it.

He also asked if they were for me. I told him "yes" and he said he could tell. Apparently I showed some excitement. I heard the truck coming and was down there before he even got out.
Those are big boxes!! Mine arrived right at noon. I had taken a little nap and all of a sudden shot up because I thought I may have heard something; I saw the Fed Ex truck out the window and went outside and was at the drivers door as he was about to get out. I thought I was going to wreck my back when I first picked up the box; not too heavy but the length makes it somewhat difficult to pick up. Sorry to see that your boxes both were damaged. I was hoping Hasbro would provide enough packing material to protect them, but the size makes it pretty difficult.

I haven't opened mine yet because I have some things to take care of first and I want to have the time to soak everything in and enjoy. My shipping container has some gouges and one end is crinkled, so the Barge is unlikely to be mint. I just hope the damage isn't too bad.

Ares-I think your second barge should stay sealed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

I know ILuvToyz said he was a dinosaur fan.

I just received an email from Master Replicas and they finally have their T-Rex skulls up. They are going to have three different sizes: 1/4 scale, 1/2 scale and full scale. Full scale is not on the site yet and based on the price of the half scale, I can say that I will not be getting one. No idea if the grey color is what is being sold for the half scale or if it's a pre-production photo. They also don't mention the dimensions on these things, so no idea if I am even remotely interested in the 1/4 scale version.

Reaction score
My Sail Barge review...

Overall I am very happy with it, but there are some things that are a bit disappointing. To start off, my Yakface card is creased. Right out of the box. I have called Hasbro and was told to send a photo to CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com and they would get back to me probably early next week. I wanted to get on this right away before they get inundated with other barge issues.

Forget what I said earlier about opening the box without anyone knowing. It is not happening. You have to bend some of the tabs on the box that have never been bent before, so right there it's no longer mint. The inner tabs also want to bend up/crunch a bit trying to get them out. My box is not mint anymore. Not a big deal. Removing the sail barge on your own is not a problem. Just follow the "Read Before Unpacking" booklet that is right on top when you open it.

I did NOT push the clear feet into the barge all the way. They look like they will lock in place and I have not decided how I plan to display this yet, so I only set them in loosely.

The sails can be a little bit of a trick and I was scared to death I was going to snap one of the sail supports, but I didn't and it fits nice and tight. The booklet claims that the Sails posts are meant to be removed when playing on the upper deck, but it's not super easy and I don't know that I would want to do it too often in case it would damage it.

The cannon can not spin completely around with the rear sail attached as the post gets in the way. This seems very wrong to me. It limits the motion a great deal.

For some reason I was thinking the Ithorian prisoner remains were removable. If it is, I am not able to figure it out. There are two shackles that are to be inserted into the walls of the detention area. Good luck with that! My hands are too big to do it all easily. I was able to get the one away from the prisoner in, but the other one required me using a pair of long needle nose pliers.

The instructions state that Jabba's Dias slides and it took me a while to figure it out. It slides side-to-side, not forward-and-back. Not exactly sure what reason this is for unless it's just to be able to position figures behind it.

You want to be real careful with the Fins because they have a small needle like piece that I could see breaking very easy. I would not set this down on a flat surface with out the feet or something else underneath or you may break them.

The panels that pop off hide this detail pretty well when assembled. Not crazy about the way they panels connect because over time with play they could get worn out. Mine won't be played with enough for that to ever happen. I wasn't thrilled with the removable floor piece on the lower level because there's a hole in the floor for you to put your finger in to remove the panel. It takes away from the detail. I would much rather have accuracy over play features.

There are some things called "engine details" that are just three small pegs you plug in under the rear of the ship. The instructions are confusing as they make them look centered. They are not. The center holes are screw holes. The smaller holes off to the side are for these pieces to be inserted. I'm a little bummed they left visible screw holes, even if it is just underneath. Also not thrilled with the amount of detail underneath. I swear I remember seeing a fan build and the amount of detail underneath was insane. Way more greeblies. Also, the paint is very flat and boring underneath.

Overall the paint isn't bad, but on a lot of the added parts seem a bit basic in deco. Also, there's just not enough wear and grime to the whole thing. I'm going to give it a few days to look at it and then I may decide to repaint the outer portions. The inside is very nicely done and the only way to repaint the interior would be to disassemble the entire barge.

I'm not sure how close this is to scale, but I can honestly say it feels a bit small to me. Had I built one I would've definitely gone bigger. The interior has a very claustrophobic feel to it. That's not to say it's not insanely cool.

Do I have any regrets getting it? NOT A CHANCE! Do I have any regrets at all? YES! Not buying more.

Oh and an unknown fact about the barge that was missing in the movie. It's piloted by two Stormtroopers. They got tired of the wet mud of Mimban and found that Jabba had a better health plan and they enjoy watching dancers more than watching prisoners kill each other.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My wife called me said they got delivered one box looks pretty decent the other one's a little crushed with a giant footprint on it (shipping box)not looking forward to that. I'll open them tonight to fully inspect.

bac

Reaction score
Logistically there had to be some Barge size compromises so stuff like the cannon not turning all the way around aren't a big surprise.

The non-removable skeleton is a bit of a surprise. I can't remember if Hasbro was marketing him as a separate figure. If he's permanently attached then he's just a floor prop.

I figured from the Hasbro pics that the interior would be a little bit of a crunch. No way Max Rebo and his organ will fit. Even so, it's a freaking 4-foot Barge!

Total bummer about your Yak-Face, Ares. Hopefully you get a nice minty replacement. I'm going to be focused on him when I'm removing the Barge since he's sitting loose in the styrofoam.

How else would you display it without the clear peg legs? You'd have to attach from the far side to create a floating effect. That might require drilling into it.

My second Barge is sitting in Phoenix now. Feels like deja vu.

Reaction score
Logistically there had to be some Barge size compromises so stuff like the cannon not turning all the way around aren't a big surprise.

The non-removable skeleton is a bit of a surprise. I can't remember if Hasbro was marketing him as a separate figure. If he's permanently attached then he's just a floor prop.

I figured from the Hasbro pics that the interior would be a little bit of a crunch. No way Max Rebo and his organ will fit. Even so, it's a freaking 4-foot Barge!

Total bummer about your Yak-Face, Ares. Hopefully you get a nice minty replacement. I'm going to be focused on him when I'm removing the Barge since he's sitting loose in the styrofoam.

How else would you display it without the clear peg legs? You'd have to attach from the far side to create a floating effect. That might require drilling into it.

My second Barge is sitting in Phoenix now. Feels like deja vu.

Not sure about mounting yet, but I may be able to use the same holes with clear acrylic rods or build something that's hidden.

I agree about the cannon. It's minor. I discovered how the trap door works and it's pretty cool.

Still debating about the paint. When it was really bright in the house the details didn't seem to pop enough, but then later I saw it from the kitchen lighting and it looked really good. Desiree loves it. She thinks it looks great. She even played with it a little and took pictures.

Good luck on the second barge. Hope it arrives okay.

Reaction score

Disney has officially announced that Galaxy’s Edge will be opening on May 31 in Disneyland and on August 29 at Walt Disney World.
A couple things - the Rise of the Resistance ride won't be opening with the land it'll be opening later this year. Also from 5/31 to 6/23 Disneyland's version will require a free reservation. They haven't put up details on when those will go up yet though. Don't know if you're given a date or a time to enter. If you stay at one of their hotels you're guaranteed a reservation spot.

Reaction score
So how't the barge?
I opened the one box with the footprints all over it. I just don't get how someone could walk all over the top of the box. It crushed the box inward to cause creases on the back of the barge box and one corner was smashed in about two inches. There was a two inch cut/rip that made it through the first two layers of cardboard but luckily didn't penetrate into the barge box. Those three pieces of styrofoam that held the barge together I wish there was three of those that went around the barge box to protect it then in a mailer box. I know it would probably cost too much. The barge itself looks great boy this would have been cool to have as a kid. My Yakface figure came out okay. I didn't open the other one I ordered.

Reaction score
I opened the one box with the footprints all over it. I just don't get how someone could walk all over the top of the box. It crushed the box inward to cause creases on the back of the barge box and one corner was smashed in about two inches. There was a two inch cut/rip that made it through the first two layers of cardboard but luckily didn't penetrate into the barge box. Those three pieces of styrofoam that held the barge together I wish there was three of those that went around the barge box to protect it then in a mailer box. I know it would probably cost too much. The barge itself looks great boy this would have been cool to have as a kid. My Yakface figure came out okay. I didn't open the other one I ordered.

I think I would've filed a complaint against Fed Ex had that happened. Glad all the internal stuff was okay.

Reaction score
Here's a nice Barge unboxing and assembling video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCP2YAZmnAA

The plastic strips that he used a knife to cut loose are just loosely tied. I just untied them. I try to avoid getting blades close to my stuff when possible.

I love how he's very careful to do anything with it like when he's attaching the panels. I was the same way the first few times.

bac

Reaction score
I opened the one box with the footprints all over it.
This story is crazy. Footprints? It's not a stepping stool!

I do wonder what the margins on the Barge are and whether Hasbro under-calculated shipping. Corner protection for the interior box certainly would have been nice.

Glad to hear your interior Barge is fine. If I get a mauled box today then that will be my opener. Like Ares, if that Yak-Face has any damage then I'm immediately going after a replacement.

On a side note, I was thinking a HasLab scale First Order Transport ship would be neat if it had the ability to hold a whole mess of Stormies in it and had a nice cockpit area.

OT always rules for me, but I dig the WWII lander style design of that ship.

Reaction score
This story is crazy. Footprints? It's not a stepping stool!

I do wonder what the margins on the Barge are and whether Hasbro under-calculated shipping. Corner protection for the interior box certainly would have been nice.

Glad to hear your interior Barge is fine. If I get a mauled box today then that will be my opener. Like Ares, if that Yak-Face has any damage then I'm immediately going after a replacement.

On a side note, I was thinking a HasLab scale First Order Transport ship would be neat if it had the ability to hold a whole mess of Stormies in it and had a nice cockpit area.

OT always rules for me, but I dig the WWII lander style design of that ship.
That would be okay, but it was almost a blink and you miss it ship. For a lander ship I would prefer the TIE Reaper from Rogue one. Plus It would complete my TIE Striker squadron.

Ultimately I would like to see an AT-M6 in scale with the BAT-AT (about 8-10 inches taller). I realize it's from one of my least favorite of the Star Wars movies, but it was a cool vehicle.

A reasonably sized AT Hauler would be pretty cool too.