Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

Reaction score
I Noticed today all the different dates of release for the new Skiff.

EE has July
Hasbro Pulse has Sept
WM says Oct

I went with EE a couple of weeks ago, I'm guessing the Hasbro date of Sept is the closest to being correct. Anyone have any info or other dates from other sites?

Reaction score
Oh my God!!! I never imagined anything like that. I was picturing the lame robotics you saw back at Chuck E Cheese's in the 90s. That's incredible.

I need a couple of those for my Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper armor.
It looked flipping amazing. You better save that bonus for those robotics are going to be BIG bucks I'm sure. The nerd Fanboy in me wants to see Slave Leia done up like that lol.

Reaction score
Picked up the Star Wars POPs! at Target. It was very easy, just a few people and no running which happened with the 10" Porg. There were plenty of every POP! available including about 5 cases of Wicket. Slave_1 was there as well and we were able to pick through all the Wickets, two cases each of Nippet and Vader to pick out the best ones. A good experience overall; the only problem was all the POPs! weren't out at opening and several trips had to be made to the back and that caused some delay, but at least they found what everyone was looking for--Michael Jordan, Captain Marvel, the DC Bombshells and Toothless in addition to the SW POPs!
I went to my local Target at open and found about a half dozen people at the service counter in the electronics section waiting for the POP's. They had brought out the Vader, which I grabbed, but all were waiting on the guy to bring out the other exclusives. After a bit of a wait they brought out Captain Marvel and the Michael Jordan. Wasn't planning to get Jordan, but I did end up doing so. I would have picked up the non Exclusive Palpatine but one of the guys got the only one in the store. Didn't want the Big Ewok or the other Ewok.

Reaction score
I went to my local Target at open and found about a half dozen people at the service counter in the electronics section waiting for the POP's. They had brought out the Vader, which I grabbed, but all were waiting on the guy to bring out the other exclusives. After a bit of a wait they brought out Captain Marvel and the Michael Jordan. Wasn't planning to get Jordan, but I did end up doing so. I would have picked up the non Exclusive Palpatine but one of the guys got the only one in the store. Didn't want the Big Ewok or the other Ewok.
I wasn't planning on or aware of the Jordan coming out but I couldn't pass up MJ either! The only other non Star Wars one we picked up was the 10" Toothless for our daughter-in-law.

Reaction score
Got to Gilbert/Southern Target this morning a little before 8, and there was already a line 10-12 people deep outside. I ended up getting a Vader Pop! there, but they didn't have Wicket or Nippet out. I had to get my son to school so I didn't have time to ask.

Big thanks to the Slaves for hanging out at Power/McK Target with extra Ewok Pop!s until I could get up there. Nice to catch up with you guys a little bit today.

Reaction score
Desiree is going nuts over that thing and if you flip the box you see there's also a light fury, which she wants now too.
Yeah are daughter/law wants that one too. Not sure if it's an exclusive or what. That Toothless is pretty cool after looking at it more closely, they did a nice job on it.

Reaction score
Big thanks to the Slaves for hanging out at Power/McK Target with extra Ewok Pop!s until I could get up there. Nice to catch up with you guys a little bit today.

Your welcome no problem great seeing you too!

Reaction score
According to Yakface, people who are signed up for Fed Ex Delivery Manager are receiving notification that the label for their Sail Barge delivery has been created. I am not part of Fed Ex Delivery Manager, so I have not received anything. If this is the case and they are creating the labels today, they should actually ship out by Monday if not sooner.

JTA is showing the same thing...

Notice the expected delivery date. Not sure where Paul from JTA lives or where these are shipping out from.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Frank Lloyd Wright & 101, Chaparral & 101 and AZ Ave & Ocotillo Walmart - No Vintage Mimban Stormtroopers. Bought nothing.

Frank Lloyd Wright & 101 and Indianbend & 101 Target- No BS6 Dryden Vos Wave. Bought nothing.

I did however spend over $700 on a new miter saw and stand, which will be nice for building a Pit of Carkoon display very soon. My current miter saw was from Harbor Freight and is falling apart.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My dog started barking at a truck outside, so I looked out the window and saw Fed Ex in front of my house and then he rang the bell. I thought maybe my Sail barge arrived early. It was the giant Wicket and Nippet I ordered from Target. Dammit!

Anybody get shipping notice from Hasbro yet?

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Anybody get shipping notice from Hasbro yet?
Won't get a shipping notice until FedEx picks them up from Hasbro. That will hopefully be tonight. If not then Tuesday delivery obviously isn't happening.

Reaction score
My dogs went crazy while I was in the shower, so after I get out I go downstairs to check and I can see what looks to be a VERY large box in front of the glass block window. I open the door and sure enough... Their 40# bag of dog food was delivered. It always comes in a box. Dammit!

Reaction score
Well, I received notice that my Funko Smuggler's Bounty shipped and is due to arrive today, but no Sail Barge.
Mine isn't due to arrive until tomorrow.

Still no FedEx shipping info for the barge.

Reaction score
The 10" Pop! Wicket I ordered had glue dripped all over the base and when I took it out of the package the base actually fell off. They have it still available online, so I ordered another and will be returning this one.

Also, does anyone's Glow-in-the-Dark Pop Vader actually glow? I held it up to a light and then took it into our bathroom with the lights off and nothing.

Reaction score
The 10" Pop! Wicket I ordered had glue dripped all over the base and when I took it out of the package the base actually fell off. They have it still available online, so I ordered another and will be returning this one.

Also, does anyone's Glow-in-the-Dark Pop Vader actually glow? I held it up to a light and then took it into our bathroom with the lights off and nothing.
I haven't tried Vader yet, but I had a problem with one of my non SW POPs! not glowing.

Reaction score
I opened my Smuggler's Bounty; It's a decent box, nothing spectacular. Not as good as the first two in my opinion. I'm not too optimistic about the Wookie theme for the next box.

I'm getting excited for the barge to arrive, but the reality of trying to figure out where to put it has set in.

Reaction score

Mine glows I would like for it to be brighter, you may have to leave it in the light longer.

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS and slightly bad news...

I just called HasLab and the woman on the phone checked my two orders specifically and told me they have shipped and later in the conversation she said she confirmed all sail barge orders have shipped. They're just having trouble getting the shipping #s from Fed Ex to them to have them send out notification and she said it could be 1-2 business days (that was the bad news). She also said that with me (all of us) being in AZ, that we should expect to see them today or tomorrow. So there's a strong chance we may get confirmation after receiving the barges. She did tell me I could inform all of you that all sail barges have been shipped.

I'm heading downstairs to stick a note on the door informing Fed Ex I am home.

My ears are going to be aware of every vehicle noise I hear.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Vader doesn't glow so far. Pretty disgusted about that--that's the whole point of this figure. I'm going to try it under some other lights.

UPDATE: I finally was able to get some glow from Vader, but it wasn't as impressive as it should be. The Target exclusive Captain Marvel's glow effect looked a lot better in comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Vader doesn't glow so far. Pretty disgusted about that--that's the whole point of this figure. I'm going to try it under some other lights.

UPDATE: I finally was able to get some glow from Vader, but it wasn't as impressive as it should be. The Target exclusive Captain Marvel's glow effect looked a lot better in comparison.
What did you have to do to get it to glow?

Reaction score
Not sure how ture this is but someone on the "Barge Board"posted this up.

"Just spoke to Fed Ex. They said it's still at Hasbro in Chino, hasn't shipped yet. At this point, I'd happily drive there and pick it up."

Reaction score

What did you have to do to get it to glow?
I put the POP! under fluorescent light to get the glow going.

Reaction score
Not sure how ture this is but someone on the "Barge Board"posted this up.

"Just spoke to Fed Ex. They said it's still at Hasbro in Chino, hasn't shipped yet. At this point, I'd happily drive there and pick it up."
Yeah, but it could be he's going by the Fed Ex info that may be out of date. I'm not even getting on that barge board again. There were so many trolls on there. I don't want the frustration.

Reaction score
SOB!!! I heard a truck pull up in front of the house and my dog started barking. I ran to the window to see a UPS truck directly in front of our house and the driver carrying a delivery across the street to the neighbor's house. Dammit!

Reaction score
So I did sign up for Fed Ex Delivery Manager and both shipments show "Label created", but also shows today as the scheduled delivery date. This is probably what the other guy in the Barge thread was seeing as well.

If I click on the details of the shipments they show this:

Scheduled delivery:
Tuesday 3/05/2019 by end of day

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
So I did sign up for Fed Ex Delivery Manager and both shipments show "Label created", but also shows today as the scheduled delivery date.
Same here.

Believe nothing until you see that it's actually shipped and has a revised delivery date. This is already happening for some folks so hopefully the rest of us soon as well.

Reaction score
I opened my Smuggler's Bounty; It's a decent box, nothing spectacular. Not as good as the first two in my opinion. I'm not too optimistic about the Wookie theme for the next box.

I'm getting excited for the barge to arrive, but the reality of trying to figure out where to put it has set in.

I really like the Yoda box. The extra mini figure ties in nicely with the Pop! offering too.

I have a feeling Desiree will want my sticker.

Reaction score
I put ROTJ in the blu-ray player. Maybe it will get the Fex Ex truck here quicker. Plus it just felt appropriate.

I also just noticed that the Fed Ex site shows a ship date of 3/1 if you scroll all the way over to the right. Granted this could just be when the label was created, but they obviously have some conflicted data.

Last edited: