Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

bac

Reaction score
You know that happened with the AT-STs and Desiree ended up finding them on the other end of a store in a clearance area.
I finally got a couple for $19 today without having to partake in a scavenger hunt. Found a Mimban trooper as well. Definitely LMK if you try the return trick this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I finally got a couple for $19 today without having to partake in a scavenger hunt. Found a Mimban trooper as well. Definitely LMK if you try the return trick this weekend.

Hoping to try tomorrow morning since I may run out to Target to see if I can score a VC Han Stormtrooper. I missed the pre-order for it. Is that scheduled to ht shelves tomorrow?

bac

Reaction score
Hoping to try tomorrow morning since I may run out to Target to see if I can score a VC Han Stormtrooper. I missed the pre-order for it. Is that scheduled to ht shelves tomorrow?
May 12th is the official release date on Han per Target:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-star-wars-a-new-hope-han-solo-stormtrooper/-/A-75648839?clkid=b8672eddN841c315b8f0e76a93a9bca5e&lnm=81938&afid=Zboos LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

He's likely register locked until then.

I hope he's not a PITA to get but suspect he will be.

Reaction score
Target is a real pain when it comes to their exclusives.

I don't mind if they stick to a date, the problem is many stores tell me something can't be released until a certain date, then I find the item or items have been released before the date they were so firm about. Stick to the date or put the items out on the floor to be purchased when they roll off the truck.

Reaction score
May 12th is the official release date on Han per Target:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-star-wars-a-new-hope-han-solo-stormtrooper/-/A-75648839?clkid=b8672eddN841c315b8f0e76a93a9bca5e&lnm=81938&afid=Zboos LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

He's likely register locked until then.

I hope he's not a PITA to get but suspect he will be.
I didn't realize that it was listed on the web page. I even looked at that page a couple of hours ago. Thanks! Maybe I will wait until Sunday to try getting the TIE Fighters price-matched since we're going to see Avengers on Sunday. Thanks!

Reaction score
Barnes and Noble.com has the TBS Guard 4 pack: Senate Guard, Imperial Royal Guard, Emperor's Shadow Guard and Elite Praetorian Guard available for 50% off or $39.97. I saw one last week at Dana Park, but it was gone when I stopped by 2 days ago. Barnes is showing it available at Tempe Marketplace.

Reaction score
Happy Star Wars Day!!
Sorry to hear about Peter Mayhew, it ruined my day too :oops:
Free comic book day !!
Will be driving to a few today.
Cheers!!!

Reaction score
Thurfy

Oh ya i got a bunch of sticker sets this morning at Thurfy.com...
Also a Boba Fett Canvas set and Star Vinyl wall clock, really cool!!

Reaction score
Barnes and Noble.com has the TBS Guard 4 pack: Senate Guard, Imperial Royal Guard, Emperor's Shadow Guard and Elite Praetorian Guard available for 50% off or $39.97. I saw one last week at Dana Park, but it was gone when I stopped by 2 days ago. Barnes is showing it available at Tempe Marketplace.
Why do you care which stores have it? It ships for free.

I would buy one, but I have 6 Praetorian Guards and this would mean I would need another one and I have a number of the Royal Guards already. I think I have two each of the others and not sure I want more.

Reaction score
Oh ya i got a bunch of sticker sets this morning at Thurfy.com...
Also a Boba Fett Canvas set and Star Vinyl wall clock, really cool!!

Is this what you're referring to? If so, it's pretty sharp. Which size did you get?

UPDATE: I ended up going for the large version of this. I was a little worried as there were some warning signs in reviews I found on the company, so I used Paypal to protect myself. I'm also seriously trying to understand the Framed version. They want over twice the price, but the pictures are the same and I'm not sure how you're frame something like this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up the Yavin Medal Hallmark Ornament at my local Hallmark store.
Unfortunately had bad luck online, missed out on the Shop Disney Boba Fett May The Fourth Be With You Pin, and the FYE exclulsive Thor POP!

Reaction score
Is this what you're referring to? If so, it's pretty sharp. Which size did you get?

UPDATE: I ended up going for the large version of this. I was a little worried as there were some warning signs in reviews I found on the company, so I used Paypal to protect myself. I'm also seriously trying to understand the Framed version. They want over twice the price, but the pictures are the same and I'm not sure how you're frame something like this.
Not sure it would look right framed. You'll need to post up a pic once you get it.
It states that you are getting the CANVAS only they are not mounted on "internal frames".

Please note: These are only the printed canvases - no internal or picture frames, no mattes.

Reaction score
I picked up the Hallmark Yavin medal ornament at the Higley/Brown store this afternoon. They still had a couple left.

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. Like I said in the previous post, I read it later. Just was hasty about ordering, but I'm actually okay with this because it allows me to get creative with the frames and it will take me no time to do and I guarantee my frame will be much stronger and put together better than anything sent by an online retailer.

Reaction score
Forgot to post up but we went to Chandler mall earlier today to Build-A-Bear for the grandkids they were having a special on the Star Wars Build-A-Bears buy one get one for $4. We picked up a Rey and a Chewie for them. I wanted to get the Chewie in honor of Peter Mayhew who passed this week.

Reaction score
I finally get to cross off the BS3 Praetorian Guard, which is hilarious since the same exact figure is about to be all over the place. Thanks Desert Trooper!

bac- Last night I tried to get my Walmart to price match the 4 TIE Fighters, but the girl wouldn't do it. So I returned them since I don't need $80 in more TIE Fighters. I planned to stop back by this morning to then buy them at the discounted price. They were still showing on BrickSeek when I went to bed. Then this morning it stated "Limited Quantity" and then just before we left to leave they were gone. So I picked up two more from Riverview Walmart and will try again. I think it's all about who you get in Customer Service. This girl acted like she had something to prove. Even Desiree said she was wielding the little power she had.

Reaction score
I just received the Target red chrome Pop! Vader that I ordered yesterday and wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday. For some reason they required a signature for it. Very strange. Not completely sure if I am even keeping it yet.