Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

Reaction score
Gentle Giant sale

20% off with this code: VERNAL2019

The email I received states it's good through April 30th, but I am guessing this is a classic GG screw-up.

UPDATE: This is what I received from Gentle Giant about the date...

The first line in the email is "May the 4th be with you" and followed by "Is the 4th with you?", but it's not a May 4th sale and they don't send out emails to the PGMs until today.

Too bad it doesn't work for pre-orders.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I ended up receiving my Smuggler's Bounty. Love the Pop! figure. I won't comment about the rest until everyone gets theirs.

Desert Trooper- My box is in perfect condition if you need it.

Then Desiree comes home from work with 4 VC TIE Fighters. I'm going to attempt to see if the Walmart nearest to me will adjust the amount to the $9 price that I was able to get last week. I have a feeling they will.

Reaction score

bac

Reaction score
Then Desiree comes home from work with 4 VC TIE Fighters. I'm going to attempt to see if the Walmart nearest to me will adjust the amount to the $9 price that I was able to get last week. I have a feeling they will.
Let me know how that goes. I was thinking of doing just that.

bac

Reaction score
Will do. It probably won't be until the weekend. I'm currently depending on Desiree for transportation as I sprained my ankle a little over 3 weeks ago and not sure about riding a motorcycle just yet.
No rush. I still don't even own one. That will change sometime today.

Reaction score
Received my Smuggler's Bounty yesterday in excellent shape. Everything was undamaged. Love the POP! I'm surprised at how much I like this Bounty; When it was first announced I thought it was going to be a dog. My POP! is in great shape so I don't need to have it replaced for once.

Reaction score
Received my Smuggler's Bounty yesterday in excellent shape. Everything was undamaged. Love the POP! I'm surprised at how much I like this Bounty; When it was first announced I thought it was going to be a dog. My POP! is in great shape so I don't need to have it replaced for once.
I agree except for the Mystery Mini. It didn't do much for me.

bac

Reaction score
Are you serious? I thought you were going nuts to get one and somehow you avoided the $80 price tag?

I now have 6 of them. One full price. One $9 and the others at $19. Hoping to get them price matched to $9 or I am returning some of them.
Yeah I've exercised extreme patience. Once I saw they weren't selling at $80 I knew the deep discounts would eventually commence.

Reaction score

bac

Reaction score
Explain this word "patience" please. Not familiar with it.
Ha well I just struck out at two different Walmarts that Brickseek said had a bunch at $19. That will trigger impatience.

bac

Reaction score
Really? We've found BrickSeek has been pretty reliable with the TIE Fighters. Keep in mind someone may have stashed some too.
The numbers were double-digits on both. That would have had to be a fantastic stash.

Maybe they were in the back. I couldn't find a clearance area for them.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Is the Jabba set exclusive to Walmart?

Update: I see that it is.

I missed out. Usually I don't collect vehicles or playsets and didn't pay close attention to the details--that the set includes two TVC figures. If it goes back in stock, I'll buy it; not real concerned if it doesn't come back though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone have Star Wars Day plans?

I can't say that I do. Desiree and I need all the time we can get for our new Mando kits, so I don't know that I want to run anywhere.
I have a work operations conference half the day. I hate giving up my Saturdays. There's a Medal of Yavin Hallmark ornament coming out that I will try to snag.

Last edited: