Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

bac

Reaction score
Mine went out today as well. I can't imagine them not following through considering we have emails to back it up.
What I'm worried about is how securely the new one is shipped back.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Desiree was at a job site near Chandler Mall today, so she picked up the Pop! Boba Fett from Lunch Box. Definitely not my favorite. The only reason I ordered it was because it's Boba Fett. Luckily the box was in perfect condition because I will probably leave it boxed.

Reaction score
The Elite Series R5-D4 and R4-G9 are $14.99 at the AZ Mills Disney Store. They also have the GNK Power Droid, but I didn't check the price on it. I saw a GNK for $14.99 at the Disney Store at Chandler Fashion Center Mall; it was the only Elite Series Figure I saw in the entire store.

Picked up my Gold Chrome Boba Fett at Box Lunch--In excellent shape!

Reaction score
What I'm worried about is how securely the new one is shipped back.
You would HOPE that if they're replacing a damaged item that the new one would be treated with the utmost care, but who knows.
I'm shipping off my Yakface today. Like others, I'm a little concerned the replacement will show up in worse condition than the one I have. Hopefully they use the inner mailer boxes like some of the later mailaway figures and GIJOE subscription figures came in.

Reaction score
The Elite Series R5-D4 and R4-G9 are $14.99 at the AZ Mills Disney Store. They also have the GNK Power Droid, but I didn't check the price on it. I saw a GNK for $14.99 at the Disney Store at Chandler Fashion Center Mall; it was the only Elite Series Figure I saw in the entire store.

Picked up my Gold Chrome Boba Fett at Box Lunch--In excellent shape!

Thx for the info about the sale I called around looking for the BaR2/D2 fig that I wanted and the Scottsdale Disney store had a couple. Picked one up this morning they had all of them in that wave that you mentioned earlier. I basically got it free today because I had them price adjust the other two ES figures I bought less then 2 weeks ago so that paid for that one.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC: Please no Avengers spoilers here! I won't be able to see it until Sunday AM. It's killing me!

Reaction score
I lucked out!

Apparently I ordered the 3PO/R2 2-pack for Dorkside Toys and forgot about it. I also recently ordered it from Amazon. Then Dorkside sent me this...

Dorkside Toys said:
Thank you for ordering from Dorksidetoys. We appreciate your business! We regret to inform you, the manufacturer has notified us that we will not be receiving any shipments of the Star Wars Solo C-3PO and R2-D2 Action Figures - Exclusive (Item E4590AX00) you ordered. Unfortunately, this means we will not be able to ship it to you and have cancelled it from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. The item has been removed from your order.

Reaction score
Walmart.com has TVC Luke (Crait) up for pre-order with FREE 2-day shipping. I ordered one since there's nothing to lose and I can always return. It came to $14 total.
I saw this on JTA this morning and pre-ordered one too.

Reaction score
Chrono Toys is having a Star Wars Celebration Mystery Box sale. In the pool of items available are two each of the blue chrome Star Wars Celebration POPs! They also have available 350 Star Wars related exclusives; I don't know if this means exclusive SW POPS! from various retailers or other exclusives from Celebration. The box is $20 plus $3.99 shipping. Limit one per customer.

I ordered one on the slim chance I might score a chrome POP! I've ordered a couple of times from this company before today. Usually their mystery boxes sell out fast; this one has been up for almost 20 hours but normally their boxes aren't limited to one per customer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And then my luck ran out... I just received shipping info from Dorkside Toys for the VC Rey (Jedi Training) that I also ordered yesterday from HasbroPulse. I'm attempting to cancel it, but it's not looking good. I was checking other sites yesterday and got sidetracked and never got back to it.

UPDATE: Hasbro couldn't cancel it and it shipped. I was provided an RMA, but the return shipping is on me if I decide to use it. Anyone in need of a VC Rey (Jedi Training)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found a Hot Wheels OT TIE pilot that I swear I have never seen before at Fry's Marketplace. It was on sale for $3.47, so I picked it up.

I also received a Funko Vynl Luke & Leia 2-pack that I ordered a few days ago on Amazon. This is one of my favorite sets.

Reaction score
Last night the VC TIE Fighters at Germann & Gilbert Walmart dropped to $9, but Brickseek showed all of them out of stock, so we took the two Desiree picked up a couple of weeks ago and had them price adjusted and got $66 back. We checked the toy section and all the others were gone. The figure carded would cost at least $12, so this is a killer deal.

Reaction score
Last night the VC TIE Fighters at Germann & Gilbert Walmart dropped to $9, but Brickseek showed all of them out of stock, so we took the two Desiree picked up a couple of weeks ago and had them price adjusted and got $66 back. We checked the toy section and all the others were gone. The figure carded would cost at least $12, so this is a killer deal.
Awesome deal, I grabbed some at $20 but am hoping to find some drop lower.

Reaction score
And then my luck ran out... I just received shipping info from Dorkside Toys for the VC Rey (Jedi Training) that I also ordered yesterday from HasbroPulse. I'm attempting to cancel it, but it's not looking good. I was checking other sites yesterday and got sidetracked and never got back to it.

UPDATE: Hasbro couldn't cancel it and it shipped. I was provided an RMA, but the return shipping is on me if I decide to use it. Anyone in need of a VC Rey (Jedi Training)?

UPDATE #2: I had originally thought the email I received from Dorkside was for shipping, but it was actually just order confirmation, so I emailed them this morning and they were still able to cancel the VC Rey. So my luck remains! I also realized how I missed the order when I was checking their site. It was ordered back in October, so when I listed my recent orders it didn't show up.

Reaction score
If you ever need to change the C.C. you are using for a Hasbro Pulse order that is a pre-order, get ready for a headache if you have a bunch of items in that order. I had to go thru all 9 items individually and change the payment method on all 9. The genius of Hasbro at work.

Reaction score
Gentle Giant sale

20% off with this code: VERNAL2019

The email I received states it's good through April 30th, but I am guessing this is a classic GG screw-up.

UPDATE: This is what I received from Gentle Giant about the date...

It’s not a May 4[SUP]th[/SUP] sale, it’s a Spring Break sale. It’s a two-day sale, it’s been on socials since yesterday. Sorry for the confusion. We may have another sale on May 4.
The first line in the email is "May the 4th be with you" and followed by "Is the 4th with you?", but it's not a May 4th sale and they don't send out emails to the PGMs until today.

Last edited: